Jump to content
rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
bradigor

Xbox Game Pass | May 2018 - Third Party Debut Included

Recommended Posts

Well it's happened. We have the first third party title making it debut on Game Pass on the day of release. 

Roll7's Laser League!

 

It may not be the biggest title, but many publishers and developers will be watching this one with interest for sure. 

 

Full May Schedule:

Quote

May 1

Homefront: The Revolution

Overcooked

Sonic & Knuckles

PES 2018

The Escapists

Unmechanical


May 10

 

Laser League (LAUNCHING DAY AND DATE)


May 22

 

State of Decay 2 (LAUNCHING DAY AND DATE)

 

 

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/04/25/xbox-game-pass-may-2018/#rwz3ARTgOVXwAdDi.99

 

So thats Super Mega Baseball launching on GwG and Laser League on Game Pass in May. Microsoft are really trying to change the game. 

 

Edit: I forgot that Robocraft Infinity last month was the first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MaffewE said:

Robocraft Infinity was first when it arrived on 11th April, surely?

 

Yeah, corrected myself... forgot it came out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In for State of Decay 2. A big fat meh to everything else. Overcooked is meant to be good but whenever we have people over they just want to play Mario Kart 8 or Rocket League.

 

Really looking forward to SoD2, though. Missed out on the first one but I hear it had some great ideas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Overcooked is fantastic. Really great with two people. 

 

Not a great month for me. The stuff I'm interested in I've played already. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

In for State of Decay 2. 

 

Same here, the first State of Decay had a brilliant game hidden behind a lot of clunkiness. I'm looking forward very much to seeing what they've done with it second time around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It'd be interesting to know how much third party developers and publishers make from having their game on Game Pass. Many of the games are old Xbox 360 titles, so I can see the attraction of getting any money for them at this point. But for a new game, how do the developer and publisher get a meaningful amount from whatever slice of the £10 subscription they receive, given the cost of game development and the fact that at the same time Microsoft need to recoup their own multi-year first-party development and marketing costs, the traditional retail revenue for which they've cannibalised by putting their titles on the service?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Phil said:

It'd be interesting to know how much third party developers and publishers make from having their game on Game Pass. Many of the games are old Xbox 360 titles, so I can see the attraction of getting any money for them at this point. But for a new game, how do the developer and publisher get a meaningful amount from whatever slice of the £10 subscription they receive, given the cost of game development and the fact that at the same time Microsoft need to recoup their own multi-year first-party development and marketing costs, the traditional retail revenue for which they've cannibalised by putting their titles on the service?

 

I'd assume the hope is to get a little slice from someone who otherwise wouldn't have bought their game at all.   Being on this service doesn't preclude them from seling the game full price. Some people will buy the game outright becuase they don't see the value of the service as being for them. Others (like me) would rather just pay £7 a month and casually pick a few games to play here and there. I probably wouldn't be rushing out to go buy first party titles like State Of decay 2 or Sea of Thieves normally. This way I've got to play them and they got a slice of my subscription that they wouldn't have seen at all. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, MalevolentPanda said:

I think that this sort of service is also much more viable with the rise of DLC. It's not just about what slice of subscription fee you get. Anyone who plays your game on the service is a potential DLC customer.

 

I think I am more likely to pick up expansion passes and DLC on a Gamepass title than one I've ;aid £50 for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rafaqat said:

 

I'd assume the hope is to get a little slice from someone who otherwise wouldn't have bought their game at all.   Being on this service doesn't preclude them from seling the game full price. Some people will buy the game outright becuase they don't see the value of the service as being for them. Others (like me) would rather just pay £7 a month and casually pick a few games to play here and there. I probably wouldn't be rushing out to go buy first party titles like State Of decay 2 or Sea of Thieves normally. This way I've got to play them and they got a slice of my subscription that they wouldn't have seen at all. 

 

Though I wonder how many people who would have bought the game don't because they can play it for free instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies if this is the wrong thread, but this is showing up for me as £1 for the next 13 days. I've only ever used free months (1 x month with the X1X and 1 month for auto-renewals) so I don't know if the offer works for existing subscribers. Given the thread topic thought this was useful for someone.

 

ddc7q9D.jpg

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Phil said:

 

Though I wonder how many people who would have bought the game don't because they can play it for free instead.

 

True. They still get a slice of that subscription though and ultimately I guess it's one less game being sold second hand for them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.