IGNORED

Yakuza 6 - Baby's Day Out

Harsin

First side quest I was introduced to was 

Spoiler

Live Chat addiction

So following completion thought I would check it out and with perfect timing the wife comes home...

Awkward moment and precisely why I love the Yakuza series. 

Anyway very glad I finished the demo so could jump straight in. 

1 hour ago, deerokus said:

(as a newcomer with 0, Kiwami disappointed me quite a bit by feeling like a sub-par expansion for 0 without that game's magnificent tone). 

This applies to me as well. I went into Yakuza 0 more or less blind. I’d never followed the forum discussions on former games and I never listened to my geekiest gaming friend when it came to this franchise, even though his taste had always been really close to mine.

Initial thoughts of Yakuza 0 wasn’t that positive for me, all I could see was lengthy cut-scenes broken up by insane battles, and the random battles on the streets were annoying to me at first. A couple of chapters in and I was hooked but what really opened my eyes was the opening of chapter 3 ( the introduction of Majima Goro ), this is still one of the coolest character introductions in any form of media to me, ever. 

While I never got all trophies in Yakuza 0, I got solid 90-100 hours from it but got side tracked when Kiwami was released. I was so hyped for Kiwami that I couldn’t wait. Like Yakuza 0, it didn’t impress me from the very beginning but unlike Yakuza 0, it never grew on me at all :( 

I finished the main story and enjoyed parts of it but where Yakuza 0 was a solid 10 for me ( and a instant classic ), Kiwami never got past the 7 mark for me personally.

I’m just a couple of hours in to Yakuza 6 at the moment and so far it sits comfortably above Kiwami in every department. Can’t wait to dive into the madness!!!

2 hours ago, Gambit said:

I spent a little too much time last night playing Virtua Fighter and Puyo Puyo. Then I took a detour to do some karaoke. 

Best game. 

Where are those arcade machines? I thought they'd be in the big Club Sega but they're not.

The faces and the animation of them in the top quality cutscenes in this game is :wub:. The lower quality ones are certainly better than the puppet animation in 0 and Kiwami, too. 

Story is pretty good so far! I am impressed by how much more alive Kamurocho feels on the new engine.

22 minutes ago, Benny said:

You know, I was hoping 2018 would go a bit easier on the amazing games coming out so I could catch up, but this is just getting ridiculous.

I hear that. I'm hoping for a proper summer lull so I can get my arse in gear and finish a few titles (this, Zero, Kiwami, GoW) before Kiwami 2 and Spider-Man.

Even as I typed that sentence my inner voice was laughing hysterically at me.

Loving it, but why is it that every Yakuza game, I feel like I have to relearn the fighting system?  This time, it seems that crowd control is more important, since random enemies are more aggressive. Instead of waiting their turn like previous games, they gang up you and throw bits of scenery at you. It seems to be a bit more difficult to get into heat mode, you have to activate it pressing R2.

Is there a move list somewhere? I missed a tutorial about disarming enemies while fighting the very first gang of triad members.

Also, the Buffalo wing seller is mad at me after I trashed his shop during a fight and won't sell me anything. Does this reset after a while?

Had my first genuine laugh yesterday when I took a selfie in front of the gate in Little Asia, and was immediately attacked by a gang of triad members screaming “NO PICTURE!”. I even got a trophy for it.

29 minutes ago, Aurelius said:

Loving it, but why is it that every Yakuza game, I feel like I have to relearn the fighting system?  This time, it seems that crowd control is more important, since random enemies are more aggressive. Instead of waiting their turn like previous games, they gang up you and throw bits of scenery at you. It seems to be a bit more difficult to get into heat mode, you have to activate it pressing R2.

Is there a move list somewhere? I missed a tutorial about disarming enemies while fighting the very first gang of triad members.

Also, the Buffalo wing seller is mad at me after I trashed his shop during a fight and won't sell me anything. Does this reset after a while?

Reveal hidden contents

Had my first genuine laugh yesterday when I took a selfie in front of the gate in Little Asia, and was immediately attacked by a gang of triad members screaming “NO PICTURE!”. I even got a trophy for it.

They seem to like to mix up the fighting between games. Not sure if more move sets will open up later - but I miss the face stamp to enemies lying on the floor ("Essence of Face Stamp?")

Only got to the start of chapter 1. Initial impressions are positive though. Game looks great. Love the no loading. Combat feels different. Heat finishers seem a bit tougher to pull off due to the indicator not appearing so often. 

1 hour ago, gossi the dog said:

Is there a way of showing how long you've played and your percentage completion?

You can check the progress on the phone, it'll say how many missions you've completed out of a given total for each type of mission in the game. As for how long you've played, it should be in there somewhere too but can't remember. Maybe it's on the save file description?