IGNORED

Yakuza 6 - Baby's Day Out

Harsin

1 hour ago, Sabreman said:

Oh for sure, I’m expecting series-wide discounts this week in fact ;)

Yakuza 4 just got added to Playstation Now and that has a 7 day trial if that's any help. Weirdly it doesn't have 3 or 5 on there, dunno why they went with 4.

I’ve actually got 3 and 4 on disc. Here’s the tragic thing... I’ve got 5 downloaded on my machine and assumed I’d bought it at some point, but it’s just the remnants of getting it on PS+, and I’m not a member any more. So it sits there... 

Somehow, I’m looking forward to exploring the quiet port city of Onomichi the most. I loved Okinawa in Yakuza 3, but even that was kind of a big city setting.  Also curious if I can find the JR pass I lost at Kosanji Temple when I visited Onomichi back in 2010. Thankfully it was the last day of my trip, but I still had to buy a very expansive Shinkansen ticket back to Tokyo. Ha, memories…

I’m at the start of ch 5 & loving it.  There’s nothing quite like that mix of crime/family epic, virtual tourism, crazy sub stories, and beating people senseless in the middle of the street - even better now without instancing as the cars just honk their horns at you.  It’s so comfortable.

The first thing i did this morning was to boot up my PS4 to make sure it had downloaded my digital pre-order. There it was on the home screen, ready to use. Now I need to get through the day, I really can't wait to dive into this tonight. Got a few beers in the fridge to keep me company. 

59 minutes ago, JoeK said:

What are the odds in getting some sort of releases of 3, 4 and 5 on the PS4 then? Don't care about them being anything more than HD'd up, but it would be bloody great.

Seing as they've already released Kiwami and Kiwami 2 is coming later this year, I'd find it odd if they stopped there. 

They have really stepped up the presentation, as well as the feel of the fighting since 0 and Kiwami (as a newcomer with 0, Kiwami disappointed me quite a bit by feeling like a sub-par expansion for 0 without that game's magnificent tone).