IGNORED

Yakuza 6 - Baby's Day Out

Harsin

I want both - but Yakuza a fair bit more. The only thing stopping me from being stupidly hyped is the 5 Yakuza that I've missed out on. 

Still probably get it, 0 really didn't have much to do with Kiwami so maybe I can just enjoy the surreal Yakuza future without spoiling what goes on in 2-5.

This is genuinely one of my most wanted games this year and also a game I'm dreading.  I've followed the Yakuza games since the beginning on PS2, been through the drama of waiting to see if they get localised or not, the crazy storylines and now we're at the final game of one of my favourite characters of all time Kiryu Kazuma :(

But the fact the whole saga has made it, despite poor sales and waiting 3 years for Yakuza 5, over to the west is just a joy to behold.  I fucking love the Yakuza series.

6 hours ago, mr_woo said:

This is genuinely one of my most wanted games this year and also a game I'm dreading.  I've followed the Yakuza games since the beginning on PS2, been through the drama of waiting to see if they get localised or not, the crazy storylines and now we're at the final game of one of my favourite characters of all time Kiryu Kazuma :(

But the fact the whole saga has made it, despite poor sales and waiting 3 years for Yakuza 5, over to the west is just a joy to behold.  I fucking love the Yakuza series.

Same here. Whisper it but I prefer this series to Shenmue. :o

6 hours ago, mr_woo said:

Same here. I've been on board since Yakuza 1 on the PS2. The long wait for Yakuza 5 was the worst. I really thought we had seen the last of this series in the west after Yakuza 4.

37 minutes ago, Rayn said:

It's all Yakuza 6 for me next week. GoW wasn't even on my radar until the glowing reviews emerged yesterday so I'll get that eventually, but for now I'm very happy with a new Yakuza game!

Yeah, this.  I’m glad the new GoW has turned out well and I’ll pick it up at some point, but it’s Yakuza all the way.

I so want to give this another go, after playing one of the Yakuza games on PS3 and not getting into it. I don't think I should start with 6 though as I feel I may not appreciate it enough. So Yakuza 0 or Kiwami? (I may have asked this before, but cannot remember)

Everyone in this thread is probably - and should be - buying it anyway, but I reviewed this if anyone's on the fence. https://gamecritics.com/darren-forman/yakuza-6-the-song-of-life-review/

Don't read it if you're already picking the game up. I avoided spoilers, but you want to go in as fresh as humanly possible.

And yes, it's a solid, solid recommendation. Buy it. 

Just now, bradigor said:

I so want to give this another go, after playing one of the Yakuza games on PS3 and not getting into it. I don't think I should start with 6 though as I feel I may not appreciate it enough. So Yakuza 0 or Kiwami? (I may have asked this before, but cannot remember)

Yakuza 0.

Absolutely 100% Yakuza 0.

Edit: Dammit, thought both replies would merge and I'm not sure best how to copy quote boxes.

2 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Yakuza 0, no doubt. Kiwami - as good as it is - pales in comparison.

35 minutes ago, df0 said:

Yakuza 0, no doubt. Kiwami - as good as it is - pales in comparison.

It was also created and had stuff added to it as a sequel to Yakuza 0 as well so you want to play 0 first regardless.  The extra character development of Nishki is especially excellent and really adds to Yakuza 1's story over the original.

1 hour ago, Harsin said:

I quite fancied the Yakuza themed whisky glasses that come with the limited edition, but no way I was paying £40 extra for them!

Pfft. I pre-ordered that as soon as it became available.

I look forward to running a cat cafe while drinking whisky out of my Yakuza glasses like a FUCKING BOSS.

9 hours ago, Mafro said:

Just got at dispatch text from Simply Games.

They haven’t texted or emailed me as they usually do, but on their website it states it’s been shipped. Not sure if I should be getting excited or condition myself for disappointment. The weather’s rubbish. A weekend of Yakuza would be nice.

7 hours ago, Gambit said:

I look forward to running a cat cafe while drinking whisky out of my Yakuza glasses like a FUCKING BOSS.

Fuckin' a.

The only wasted part of the package are the ice stones; no way I'm drinking whisky bad enough to need chilling!