rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
fasteasyfree

Salted caramel

How amazing is this stuff? I've had a bit of an obsession with SC - it deserves an acronym - for a while now. I've tried good SC (Hotel Chocolat) and bad SC (some shitty hot cross buns that claimed to be laced with it), but I believe I've hit upon my greatest find yet:

7865457_T1_5000168199245%5B1%5D.png

Holy fucking amazeballs. It's pure sex, right in your mouth. I'd buy everyone a bar* just to demonstrate how awesome it is. Plus it's on offer at the moment in Sainsbury's for £1.50.

So go do yourself a favour and try some of this nectar of the gods. And if for some reason it's not your cup of tea, then you're fucking wrong.

*Not really.

• Upvote 2

I've never had salted caramel. I'm not really into sweet stuff at all but the concept of this excites me for some reason. I think because of the savoury connection. Caramel is just sugar isn't it? So probably a lot of the posted stuff is vegan..

I'll probably get blasted for talking about Thorntons here, but I received some of these a few Christmases ago:

lVaTeIZ.jpg

and damn. It's the gooey caramel, rather than the hard toffee-like stuff, so as soon as the chocolate shell is broken you get the whole gooey salty experience. :) 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Plums said:

I've never had salted caramel. I'm not really into sweet stuff at all but the concept of this excites me for some reason. I think because of the savoury connection. Caramel is just sugar isn't it? So probably a lot of the posted stuff is vegan..

Salted caramel itself would be vegan, but I can't vouch for for any of the other ingredients.

It's caramel, but the salt intensifies the flavour in such a sexy way that is hard to describe.

10 minutes ago, Qazimod said:

I'll probably get blasted for talking about Thorntons here, but I received some of these a few Christmases ago:

lVaTeIZ.jpg

and damn. It's the gooey caramel, rather than the hard toffee-like stuff, so as soon as the chocolate shell is broken you get the whole gooey salty experience. :) 

I'm after flavour, I'm not a brand snob. If that tastes as good as it looks, I'm in.

• Upvote 1

Salted caramel has suddenly become this massive trend I've noticed; I've gotten really into it too. My gf bought some little chocolate eggs from some Scandinavian shop online which contained salt and leave an after taste tingling of salt around your mouth, which strangely works well. It's like adding MSG to chocolate is a better way to describe it, in that it gives this tangy sensation that makes the flavour come alive a bit more.