IGNORED

Edge #318 out now

Mr Do 71

There was an embargo on the Dragon Quest stuff so we had to delay subs copies until day of sale, and I expect the Easter weekend has held some people's up, for which I am very sorry.

I'll chase up the Google version too. No idea what's happened there, but I am also sorry about it.

1 hour ago, Nate Dogg III said:

Am told google edition will be online in the morning. Apologies once again. If it’s any consolation we don’t have office copies yet either :(

Thanks for looking into again! At least the delay is a short one this time around. Looking forward to reading it in the morning with a cup of coffee :)

This reminds me of the period when my postie (or someone at the local sorting office) was opening my LoveFilm DVDs, watching them, and popping the disc in the ripped envelope through my letterbox a day or two late. Glad he was also enjoying my subscription.

Just be happy your postie is a discerning gamer, and even goes to the trouble of resealing the plastic sleeve using that machine they have in the sorting office.

On 01/04/2018 at 15:00, Mr. Gerbik said:

Thanks!

Sigh, any other Newsstand users still waiting? Because if so, that means that the effect of the angry calls @Nate Dogg III made previously about the tardiness lasted for one issue only... :(

Still no sign on my Newsstand either :(

7 minutes ago, Jbone said:

Still no sign on my Newsstand either :(

Nothing here either. I'm not impressed by Google Newsstand's service. How hard is it to upload a file? Back in the nineties I was used to having to wait two or three weeks for the physical copies of edge to make their way from the UK to the Netherlands. A ridiculous amount of time given that our countries ain't that far apart! And now, in these modern digital times, ain't shit changed with Google Newsstand. Apple does that way better, I can't imagine what the problem could be with Google.

It's an excellent issue. The Kirby review is great and I really enjoyed the Analogue piece. Loved the DQXI piece, obviously, but couldn't help thinking that they're going to be let down, again, if they think it's going to do well in the West. That game needs a Switch release ASAP.

46 minutes ago, reef said:

Just to chip in, I've still not received my subs copy so asked for a replacement from My Favourite Magazine on Monday. Hoping it will be there when I get home.

Just received an email saying a replacement is on it's way.

17 minutes ago, reef said:

Got my replacement copy through today, and it’s the normal cover not the beautiful subscriber cover, which is a real shame. Should I complain or just be grateful it finally arrived?

I mentioned in my email that my subscriber copy hadn't arrived, I better get that one. I'm a bit pissed it didn't arrive today, now I have to wait until Monday.

@reef If I don't get the subscriber cover, I'm gonna complain. 

My copy hasn’t arrived either, replacement on the way.  Only the second time that’s happened, been subscribing for years. The last time they replaced with a retail copy so it’s likely we’ll miss out on the subscribers cover. 

Eh. Shame. Both covers are nice though. 

Bleurgh, sorry. MFM don’t carry extra subs copies so if you need a replacement then all they can give you is the retail one. I’m going to ask about changing this for other reasons, but this is a good one too. 

In the meantime, anyone who’s been sent the wrong one, or is yet to receive one, please PM me your address. I’ve no idea how many office copies we have left, and am on paternity leave at the moment, but will help if I can.