rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
JohnC

Dolittle

http://deadline.com/2018/03/robert-downey-jr-the-voyage-of-doctor-dolittle-rami-malek-kumail-nanjiani-craig-robinson-1202354251/

Universal have started shooting this live action and animated movie in London. Seems to have quite a cast. Due out in a little over a year, 12 April 2019.

Live action stars include Robert Downey Jr. as Dolittle, plus Antonio Banderas, Michael Sheen, Harry Collett and Jim Broadbent. Then doing voice work are Ralph Fiennes, Emma Thompson, Tom Holland, Selena Gomez, Marion Cotillard, Octavia Spencer, Kumail Nanjiani, Rami Malek, Craig Robinson, John Cena, Carmen Ejogo and Frances De La Tour.

I don't think I ever did see the entirety of the Rex Harrison one. And I forgot there were Eddie Murphy ones.

7 minutes ago, Down by Law said:

Just dolittle? Has he been struck off? 

They found the last verse of the song had him singing about buggering the animals, so I'm gonna say definitely struck off.

It really sure what accent he’s going for there. It sounded a like Phil Mitchell fucked Windsor Davies (R.I.P) and thus is the resulting lovechild.

• Upvote 1

Via Scott Mendelson: some behind the scenes gossip! :eyebrows: Do we believe it?

u/goofyface has deleted those comments now.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Darwock said:

Worse than that other talking animal movie?

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/dolittle-review-robert-downey-jr-universal-cats-rotten-tomatoes-trailer-release-date-a9285861.html

Vox critic Alissa Wilkinson wrote: “Dolittle is unconscionably bad, and not in a way that’s fun or interesting. If you want that, go see Cats. This is extremely horrible.”

• Upvote 1

I must be the only person who hasn't been tricked by the Marvel movies. RDJ is bad and everyone should feel bad. 

I actually saw the Eddie Murphy version at the cinema twice but I can't remember why. I was too old to have been dragged there by adults and too young to think it was fun to go see stoned.

The trailer looked terrible, from the look of it they tried to make this into some epic adventure for some reason. It's a dude who can talk to animals just keep it light and silly

3 hours ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

I actually saw the Eddie Murphy version at the cinema twice but I can't remember why. I was too old to have been dragged there by adults and too young to think it was fun to go see stoned.

I saw that one too, and I remember thinking it wasn’t shit. I’m easily pleased though, to be fair.

But this one holds zero interest for me, the trailer put me right off.

20 hours ago, Eighthours said:

More like SCORElittle, amirite?

It'll Dolittle at the Box Office.

EDIT: It cost $175 million. Holy shit!

• Upvote 2

I loved the books as a kid, so how no one has figured out how to adapt them well to film is a bit annoying.