rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Opinionated Ham Scarecrow

PUBG Mobile

Anyone know if controllers are supported?

Would be fantastic playing in bed on the big iPad Pro.

been playing this for a couple of weeks  from the Chinese store and its a pretty faithful port of the pc/xbox version - granted touch controls take a while to get used to. (and the fact that the version I was playing was in Chinese) - one thing I do like is the auto pick up of stuff - which then knows not to pick up if you already have a better level of gear 

Be interesting to try this, it is a broadly complex game on Xbox so not sure how that will translate to a small phone screen.

Auto pick up stuff is a good idea, I'm genuinely baffled why it is not on the console and PC versions.  Simply an option where you automatically pick up ammo for the guns you currently hold, attachments which will fit the guns you currently hold and all gear better than what you have would streamline the fairly dull, slow and often needlessly fiddle inventory collection you do at the start of the game. 

Was all excited with a dinner on my 1st go until I read above, lol.

Blippin' bots.

IMG_0608.png

• Upvote 2
  • Empathy 1

Really technically impressed with how the game looks on mobile.  Really good job.  Having said that, not really convinced about the controls or about how it would actually play in a real life firefight with humans. Even on a fairly big screen phone it all the options seems a bit fiddly but they have done well to make it work as much as possible and the automated looting and weapon attachments is a clever step towards making it more user friendly. 

I can see it being a bit of a laugh though, not sure it is really on the same level of stress the console (and presumably) PC version provides. By the way, I did a team match and my fellow bots were so good I won the game even though I was hiding in a shed having been called away from desk for the last ten minutes of the game. 

I have never played PUBG before, don't do a lot of non-Switch gaming these days. After a couple of games I can see why it's so popular. 

It's technically quite impressive, too. I would never had thought I'd enjoy an online shooter on my phone, but here we are.

So, what’s the story with setting up “crews” on this? Are there no permanent team setups like Clans?

And what the heck is Prone Lock?

Had a pretty good game with three very normal human players, just driving around mopping up (presumably bot) enemies.

First game, 2nd place. So now I'm screwed, that was basically my only chance to ever get the Chicken Dinner! But, it's really good.

50 minutes ago, disperse and recoagulate said:

I’ve made a crew. Seems to be a 10 man limit.

my in game name is baza if you wanna try and add me/join the crew.

Joined the rllmuk crew 

By the time you're down to the last 10 or so it seems to be almost all humans anyway. I've had some really tense end-games.

Don't jump out of fast-moving vehicles FYI.

Tried to have a go last night, didnt get very far though, seemed to just leave me in the open world with nobody to fight, will try again this evening, I am sure there are a few bugs they need to iron out.

2 hours ago, mrsnrub said:

Tried to have a go last night, didnt get very far though, seemed to just leave me in the open world with nobody to fight, will try again this evening, I am sure there are a few bugs they need to iron out.

It does that. The map is actually really big. For the most part, you're not going to be seeing a succession of opponents until the storm has reduced the map considerably.

3 minutes ago, CheekyLee said:

It does that. The map is actually really big. For the most part, you're not going to be seeing a succession of opponents until the storm has reduced the map considerably.

Ah that would explain a great deal!