Jump to content
rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
dadrester

Vostok Inc.

Recommended Posts

Is it cheating that I’ve turned sleep mode off on my Switch and intend to leave it plugged in with Vostok Inc running all night?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because of the exponential increases in price of buildings, it won't make that much of a difference, but will give you a little leg up and do no harm. The most important thing is unlocking bonuses and topping up every planet with the most expensive thing you can afford with the proceeds a single trip between planets. It's a game which rewards your activity rather than pure time investment, in my experience. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/04/2018 at 16:06, Delargey said:

 

 

This is so handy! I'd been buying them one at a time.:blush:

 

We do quite a few things to intentionally frustrate the player and then give them a thing to buy that alleviates the frustration, for example having to follow orbit lines to find a planet, then you discover you can track them on the radar, having to go to planets each time to collect earnings, then you discover the ATM and so on. It's that feeling of "maaan, I wish this game had *something*, oh... it does!" we were going for. The multibuy option on planets was almost an upgrade. Can't remember why we didn't do it. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad you put it in, I was begining to think my incessant button tapping was annoying my flatmates!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/04/2018 at 22:07, Stanshall said:

Because of the exponential increases in price of buildings, it won't make that much of a difference, but will give you a little leg up and do no harm. The most important thing is unlocking bonuses and topping up every planet with the most expensive thing you can afford with the proceeds a single trip between planets. It's a game which rewards your activity rather than pure time investment, in my experience. 

 

This is so true, especially when you’ve upgraded the amount you get from each enemy or asteroid blown up, and the improved weapons that help keep the damage multiplier up - in now earning billions just from relatively minor enemy encounters, which is exactly what you need when you’re going to a planet and need something to invest once you arrive. 

 

Ive just killed the boss from the third galaxy, good grief that was a weird one. :lol:

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Delargey said:

Do the different ships have different stats or is it just the cosmetics?

 

Just cosmetics. We did have different inertia values but I HATED IT! and am the boss so we removed it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just played the Demo for 6 minutes and that was enough for the purchase. 

 

Really looking forward to this, Anything with money and upgrading is right up my street, I love the grind of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After my Switch playtime updated after 10 days I’d been on this for 15+ hours :wub:

 

Would probably like a bit more to do in a sequel. Maybe a few cargo delivery missions, and some other side quests/jobs to keep it fresh and to give you more things to do while you wait for your money to increase. Maybe a bit where your weapons malfunction and you need to fly through an asteroid field to kill the enemies, Millennium Falcon-style :D The Tamagotchi-style mini game was rubbish tbh, all a bit of a chore.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I beat the architect on Friday evening and went back to Kirby.

In summary, I played the demo a couple of days after buying a newly released Nintendo title, put the Nintendo game down and played this and nothing else in the current gen (I played Super Bomberman 4 one evening) until I beat the final boss.  

Great game, glad I experienced it.

 

As for leaving it on overnight... I always found when I hit a point that the reward was in re-grinding planets or unlocking another building type rather than waiting.  It usually meant I didn't have the next building up, or I wasn't exploiting the multiplication on one of the building types enough.

 

Might well still go back and play to unlock the VG developer building as I hadn't quite got there.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of the achievements in this are a bit mental. Some of the death-related ones (die from kamikaze 30 times) just aren't fun, at all. Ten hours in and I've died two, maybe three times, and at least one of those was intentional. The lifeboat is just too damn sturdy.

 

A great game, otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dadrester said:

 

Just cosmetics. We did have different inertia values but I HATED IT! and am the boss so we removed it!

 

Out of interest, why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hooked on this game but it does my head in how every time I go to the weapons menu I end up reassigning all my weapons cos I use the D-pad to move around the menus.

 

 

Arrrrrrrrgh.

  • Empathy 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got around to killing the last Boss (took about 0.23s of unicorn in the face). This game kinda makes me want to mop up all the achievements as well as at least get a few videogame devs built but also I'm glad it's "over".

 

The 10 minutes with no gun achievement just pissed me off - was coming up to 6 minutes and boom screen lock shooty time - is there an easy way to do that one? Like, pause the game easy? And does it just pause when you hit a planet / base and then unpause after or do you have to start again? I just want to do the 10 minute pacifist thing one time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did do it, and you do have to be flying. But if you stay near a planet/mothership, any time it's about to screen lock, you just go into dock. I don't think the 10 minutes needs to be in one lump.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Poet said:

Finally got around to killing the last Boss (took about 0.23s of unicorn in the face). This game kinda makes me want to mop up all the achievements as well as at least get a few videogame devs built but also I'm glad it's "over".

 

The 10 minutes with no gun achievement just pissed me off - was coming up to 6 minutes and boom screen lock shooty time - is there an easy way to do that one? Like, pause the game easy? And does it just pause when you hit a planet / base and then unpause after or do you have to start again? I just want to do the 10 minute pacifist thing one time.

 

Go to system 1 and get into a battle with one of the static turrets. Then go make a cuppa. Sorted ;)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dadrester said:

 

Go to system 1 and get into a battle with one of the static turrets. Then go make a cuppa. Sorted ;)

 

7 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

I did do it, and you do have to be flying. But if you stay near a planet/mothership, any time it's about to screen lock, you just go into dock. I don't think the 10 minutes needs to be in one lump.

 

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where is planet Ra?

 

There's no planet with such a name in the final system but there's an objective involving it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no point negging me I've no idea what he's on about either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, revlob said:

I don't follow?

 

Up the Ra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve really plateaued trying to get enough money to reach the final boss. I’m going round the houses, upgrading and buying more buildings in the earlier galaxies but with three upgraded as far as I can reasonably get them I still haven’t reached one quintillion, never mind ten. 

 

Any advice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t upgrade 3, spread your upgrades across all of them in every solar system. You’ll get much better value for money. Also, unlock the perk that gives enemies a 2% chance to drop a manager and spend some time killing enemies. Every now and then you’ll spawn one which will double your current holdings, and this ends up a much faster way of building cash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/04/2018 at 19:26, revlob said:

Where is planet Ra?

 

There's no planet with such a name in the final system but there's an objective involving it.

 

Can't remember. Isn't it the name of the Sun? I'll have a check in a bit. Definitely in the last system though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.