rllmuk
MattyP

Currently playing...

7 hours ago, ScouserInExile said:

I've recently played through Cadillacs and Dinosaurs for the first time. I love a scrolling beat em up, but the problem I find with a lot them (and emulated arcade games as a whole, I guess) is that they're built around credits. They can really be pay to win (I think Vendetta lets you top up your health with a credit, doesn't it) and tend to have sections that are just there to unfairly kill you off to get more money out of you...

Sure, back in the day it was a problem but in these days of MAME (or CoinOps 8 in my case) it's fun to just sling in a ton of virtual credits and play them through.  I played some Asterix earlier.  It's an absolute classic. I can't believe how much detail went into that game.

13 hours ago, Nathan Wind said:

Sure, back in the day it was a problem but in these days of MAME (or CoinOps 8 in my case) it's fun to just sling in a ton of virtual credits and play them through.  I played some Asterix earlier.  It's an absolute classic. I can't believe how much detail went into that game.

I tend to set myself a limit, otherwise they can get too easy. Like I said, the difficulty is based on credits. 

I don't think I've played Asterix, I'll have to give it a go. I wonder if it's on my CoinOps build...

Not that much retro for me at the moment as I've been finishing XCOM 2 that said have been having the odd go on Metal Slug lately the Caravan mode on the PS4 version is inspiring me to improve by top scores.

• Upvote 1

So still on Super Metroid. Got past where I was previously stuck. Apparently I had to super missile a nondescript wall. Huh. 

Have jump boots and killed some giant green thing. Now have Varia suit so hot areas are go. 

• Upvote 1

Tare Panda No Gunpei is one of only a few games I own for my neglected Wonderswan.  

I've been dipping in and out of Monster Max, getting the hang of Hatsune Miku Project Diva 2 on PSP (terrible music but I can't resist a decent rhythm game) and I've had a couple of bashes at Drelbs, this month's Lemon64 C64 high score competition game.

Always had a soft spot for Drelbs. Still not entirely sure what I’m doing but that seems part of the charm. Belongs to that absolute wonderful abstract 8 bit era.

Loved the cover art on those Synsoft games too...Fort Apocalypse, Sentinel etc

• Upvote 2

Finished warioland 2 this evening. Was Good fun although needed save states quite a bit on end boss.

Need to send my 3ds for screen repair before I choose my next game.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Pixel said:

@deKay the top is metal slug on neo geo pocket?

What is the last game, and it’s respective system?

ta.

Top game is Metal Slug 1st Mission, the bottom one is Metal Slug 2nd Mission. Both NGPC.

23 hours ago, Nathan Wind said:

Hah, it's pretty much the only game I really wanted to try out on 32X.  Thanks for destroying my hopes and dreams.

It reminds me a lot of Shellshock. Only Shellshock was good.

18 hours ago, Ninja Doctor said:

Original Tetris on GB via the 2ds VC. Still one of the most addictive games ever crafted. No going sleep until I've launched that bastard space shuttle...

My daughter has this on her 3ds but I didn't get this on mine. Big mistake as now not available on eshop.

On 17/04/2018 at 05:45, luth714 said:

Always had a soft spot for Drelbs. Still not entirely sure what I’m doing but that seems part of the charm. Belongs to that absolute wonderful abstract 8 bit era.

Loved the cover art on those Synsoft games too...Fort Apocalypse, Sentinel etc

For those who haven't seen them

8032529526_8f3cbba093_b.jpg

blue_max_covers.png

drelbs_synsoft_k7.jpg

product-91201.jpg

apocalypse_synsoft_k7.jpg

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Camel said:

How would he have got a screenshot like that from an NGPC?

Quite!

6 hours ago, Camel said:

Is that MotM?  Amazing game if so.

It is. And it is!