rllmuk
revlob

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

1 minute ago, Calashnikov said:

FFS we’ve already got BotW Link, Young Link and Toon Link :quote:

LA Link please.

Phoenix Wright needs to be implemented along the lines of how Snorlax was in Melee. A massive Objection speech bubble that takes up most of the screen sending everyone flying.

Hmmm a bit dissapointing really? There have been some obscure characters in this fighters pack. I liked Joker, i barely touched the rest.

Is the character out to download now?

• Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, Darhkwing said:

Hmmm a bit dissapointing really? There have been some obscure characters in this fighters pack. I liked Joker, i barely touched the rest.

Is the character out to download now?

28th January. 

That’s been my only real disappointment, not getting to play straight away.

1 minute ago, Strafe said:

28th January. 

That’s been my only real disappointment, not getting to play straight away.

ah man, was under the impression it was out after the reveal or something =/

11 minutes ago, Darhkwing said:

ah man, was under the impression it was out after the reveal or something =/

Usually is but apparently hardly anyone knew - including most of the staff at Nintendo - so they had to delay. All the others have been revealed up front in the past so easy to prep for.

4 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

Love the Big Ovaltine Energy of Nintendo using these to plug last year's big games.

image.png.08ffda889ebfdcf1ebabf80af122dce9.png

Year before last!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

So... why couldn’t this Direct have waited 12 days for an immediate drop? I guess it might have leaked between now and then but still. 

1) it wasn’t a Direct

2) they explained that at the start

New character today! I'm looking forward to being disappointed by it later when I get a chance to play.

I'm more interested in the balance changes. The shield in general got buffed, and there's some changes to quite a lot of the existing cast:

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48674/~/super-smash-bros.-ultimate-update-ver.-7.0.0---fighter-adjustments 

As a Young Link main I am surprised at the buffs, I thought he was a very balanced character. He wasn't the best but he was still good. Having up smash and up air killing earlier could make him very good, although I don''t yet know how much stronger they are. His z-air change sounds interesting, could that now be a combo starter? I'll have to wait until later today to try it out. 

New character feels like a mash of Lucina and Pit. But not in a way that feels unique. The fact he/she is Fire Emblem doesn’t really bother me but it doesn’t feel very new in the way the other dlc fighters did. Even the stage, whilst visually interesting, isn’t really doing anything.

I guess adding new fighters and balancing them is FUCKING HARD.

What would have been the most effective way to make a rather superfluous character addition less superfluous? By making them markedly unique and interesting. Groan. 

It's fine, though, it's not like another character makes Smash any worse, and I like the idea of a Pitted Lucina. 

I bought the Cuphead costume because I'm part of the problem which is totally fine but now I've got to figure out a way to enjoy playing as Gunner.