rllmuk
revlob

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

More DLC characters/new FP confirmed as coming later at least. If I don't see one more third party humanoid come to Smash Bros I'll be happy.

Apart from Leon S. Kennedy. 

Oh. I'm part of the problem. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Calashnikov said:

Am I right in thinking it features all new assets compared to the Wii U version? New models and animations, even for returning characters / stages? Sure, it plays similarly, but it’s actually a brand new game that they built from the ground up. Not a port of the Wii U game at all, really.

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2018/jul/09/reddit-user-compares-every-super-smash-bros-ultimate-model-its-previous-counterpart-some-interesting-results/

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Rob Rule said:

More DLC characters/new FP confirmed as coming later at least. If I don't see one more third party humanoid come to Smash Bros I'll be happy.

Apart from Leon S. Kennedy. 

Oh. I'm part of the problem. 

I imagine that's what the fifth DLC character will be (a third party), I believe Sakurai stated that would be the case for this Fighter Pass. I'm okay with it, as I've enjoyed the amount of dedication gone into faithfully recreating those characters (it's ridiculous the amount of SNK admiration put into everything associated with Terry).

1 minute ago, Darhkwing said:

Latest rumors seem to point towards a character called KOS MOS. Which sounds a bit lame to me.

While I understand picks like Terry, I just don’t get why Nintendo are leaning towards obscurer hardcore picks for a very particular type of gamer - as opposed to the wide range of popular and classic franchises that still aren’t represented. 
#whinewhinewhine

• Downvote 1

It seems like it comes from this, though, which is all a bit 'enthusiast' dreamlist. 

Obscure Clock Tower remaster revealed at the super mainstream Oscars-alike Keighley vehicle, Shin Megami Tensei revival and some KH! Oh and by the way first party HZD on PC. Could still be true, obviously, and just the poster's preference of priority. 

sQlzkEH.jpg

Not really, just a fanservice cameo, you know how it goes. The Blades are about as impactful as assist trophies in Smash, funnily enough. Sakurai acknowledged Rex's omission and explained it was due to time constraints before launch, and now here comes KOS MOS. I'm going to be hissing some hurtful passive aggression at my bodypillow across the dinnertable tonight. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, joffocakes said:

I hope its Dillon from Rolling Western or RingFit.

He's already an assist.

And wasn't it rumoured that it's supposed to be Ninja Gaiden's Ryo Hayabusa? Sound spretty unlikely though.

So what do we think will happen, guys, or rather, what do we want? When it was announced there'd by 5 DLC fighters I had mixed feelings when the penny dropped that they'd all be third party characters, but the later announcement that there'd be more DLC characters down the road was interesting. Would you like more third party chars in the next five, or would you like to see more Nintendo additions?

3 hours ago, Rob Rule said:

So what do we think will happen, guys, or rather, what do we want? When it was announced there'd by 5 DLC fighters I had mixed feelings when the penny dropped that they'd all be third party characters, but the later announcement that there'd be more DLC characters down the road was interesting. Would you like more third party chars in the next five, or would you like to see more Nintendo additions?

I would like to see developers in general pay less attention to what anime avatar ERA users want,  “pro” players want, and actually consider content that can be appreciated by a broader mainstream audience.

And when I say broader mainstream audience I mean me, obv.

• Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Keyboard Koala said:

He's already an assist.

I hope they disregard that for future characters because Dillon, Waluigi and Bomberman all deserve a shot.

There are absolutely too many characters already though.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, grindmouse said:

I would like to see developers in general pay less attention to what anime avatar ERA users want,  “pro” players want, and actually consider content that can be appreciated by a broader mainstream audience.

And when I say broader mainstream audience I mean me, obv.

I don't know how much that's actually happening (is it?). Did Terry come from a ResetEra campaign? Banjo? I thought the internet was clamouring for a good mix of characters. Sora and Lloyd are up there, but it seems quite diverse as a whole.

jfdg8ry0nel31.jpg

Genuinely I think Crash Bandicoot would be a good stylistic fit for Smash - and is certainly iconic enough - although I know he's about as popular as ham and pineapple pizza across the Brooker-lites of rllmuk. 

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Rob Rule said:

Genuinely I think Crash Bandicoot would be a good stylistic fit for Smash - and is certainly iconic enough - although I know he's about as popular as ham and pineapple pizza across the Brooker-lites of rllmuk. 

I was thinking of K.Rool, Ridley, Banjo & Hero.

I said this before but Metal Slug would fit a lot more with the original character pool than Terry does for SNK rep. But I can at least appreciate it’s a classic franchise and counterpart to Ryu/Ken. There has been a shift from platform and retro icons to humanoid JRPG & fighters. Dante would be firmly in the latter category.

If it's another sword cunt I'll be gutted. Unless its the Dark Souls 1 Undead Merchant with his big fuck off dark fantasy version of a samurai sword. That'd be awesome.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Calashnikov said:

If it's another sword cunt I'll be gutted. Unless its the Dark Souls 1 Undead Merchant with his big fuck off dark fantasy version of a samurai sword. That'd be awesome.

His ultimate would just be him sassing his opponents for not spending any money.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

I was thinking of K.Rool, Ridley, Banjo & Hero

Crossed wires here. Bar Hero, they're not anime! 

(But I see your wider point about characters demanded from online hoards. I guess they're the majority audience, though.)

10 hours ago, grindmouse said:

I said this before but Metal Slug would fit a lot more with the original character pool than Terry does for SNK rep. 

I do wonder why there are a bunch of Metal Slug tunes in Terry’s music selection when there aren’t any Metal Slug spirits and its link to the SNK fighting games are tangential at best.

• Upvote 1