IGNORED

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

revlob

I've barely touched MP on this, bar a couple of online games to see where I stood* so have spent most of my time in WoL with some Classic sprinkled in. When I finish WoL I'll then focus on Classic.

So I would say there is plenty for single player only content. 

I'm starting to really love Little Mac. He's pretty limited in terms of his moveset but he's fast as fuck and hits like a truck. I get a lot of KOs with him. I've also been playing plenty of Ken and while I tend to be more dominant and control space better and do more damage than my opponents, I find it really hard to finish them off. Little Mac it is then, all the way for me right now. Never played any Punch Out and have no desire but he's the champ in my eyes. 

On 28/12/2018 at 10:50, dizogg said:

Never played a Smash Bros game before, is there value in this as a one player game, or like most fighting games does it really only shine when having multiplayer games?

I have played it for 9 hours so far, with just a single match online.

1 hour ago, Stanshall said:

I'm starting to really love Little Mac. He's pretty limited in terms of his moveset but he's fast as fuck and hits like a truck. I get a lot of KOs with him. I've also been playing plenty of Ken and while I tend to be more dominant and control space better and do more damage than my opponents, I find it really hard to finish them off. Little Mac it is then, all the way for me right now. Never played any Punch Out and have no desire but he's the champ in my eyes. 

The Punch Out games are all very very good. Not that there's many of them. Super Punch Out in particular is magnificent and the Wii game is also great. Give them a go!

34 minutes ago, Let us measure said:

Any tips for (World of Light first boss spoilers):

Reveal hidden contents

Giga Fucker

I seem to do better against him with sword characters but still can't get him past a third of his life bar after an evening's play.

His attacks have loads of wind up, if you see him go for anything just block or run.

This is insanely polished and good fun. There's still lots I don't understand, lots of stuff I haven't tried, although I tried online and that was great - no lag at all for the 3 matches I played.

It just plays so well and that's the thing, it's deceptively simple. It's very easy to pick up and play and just mess around with. 

Whether it's solo, multiplayer, online, it's all just so good, and so, so polished. Honestly this game is incredibly good looking and rock solid 60fps. 

Ryu is a beast btw!

20 hours ago, Let us measure said:

Reveal hidden contents

Giga Fucker

I seem to do better against him with sword characters but still can't get him past a third of his life bar after an evening's play.

Use Kirby. Stay out of range then when he misses Smash attack with hammer. Jump back. Rinse and Repeat.

Stay in the air whilst he’s sliding in his shell. Don’t get cornered at the edge of the stage.

22 hours ago, Let us measure said:

Reveal hidden contents

Giga Fucker

I've beaten two bosses and not got him yet. Unless he has a more, er, family friendly name? Two I've done were in the MGS bit and Rathalos.

3 hours ago, U-1 said:

He is indeed.

Still loving the little photomode too.

How do you activate the photo mode, and how do you record videos? People have done it but I can't find the options.

20 minutes ago, deKay said:

How do you activate the photo mode, and how do you record videos? People have done it but I can't find the options.

Hit + whilst playing and it's hidden under the camera controls option.

Think video clips are done by holding the capture button down, but I've not tried it myself.

It's weird. The video capture feature on Switch isn't universal so not every game supports it. I guess Smash Bros doesn't for performance reasons but I'd have at least liked the option to export the video files you can create to the capture gallery for sharing online. It seems you can only view the converted videos within the game itself. It's an option they added to ensure the normal input-log style replays aren't corrupted by changes to game balance but most fighting games just rollback to an the relevant patch for that purpose.

Also it's quite frustrating that local co-op online play is restricted to Quickplay team battles. I'd have liked to play in Battle Arenas against friend with my wife using the same console but it's not possible. Seems like an odd decision.

9 hours ago, U-1 said:

Hit + whilst playing and it's hidden under the camera controls option.

Aha - thanks.

9 hours ago, U-1 said:

Think video clips are done by holding the capture button down, but I've not tried it myself.

"Recording is not supported"

9 hours ago, Stanley said:

It gives you the option of saving a replay after every fight, you can then convert that data to a video file from the vault. 

Where? There's no option I can see.

The "share" button not working is frustrating, but I guess having the ability to save entire fights to replay data makes up for that. But, then, why make that section so annoying? 

You can't rewind to set up the perfect starting frame. "Convert to video" appears to just do the lot, there's no manual that tells you it's possible to only record the bits you want to. And then you can only export the videos by taking the SD card out of the Switch! 

It's a small complaint, because I'm basically asking Nintendo to remove effort for me if I want to share things, but I'm hoping there's a future patch to make it all a little less obtuse. Players should be easily able to share their best moments, or biggest mistakes, with minimal fuss. It's a game that deserves it.

@deKay Press Y on the results screen. 

2 hours ago, CheekyLee said:

The "share" button not working is frustrating, but I guess having the ability to save entire fights to replay data makes up for that. But, then, why make that section so annoying? 

You can't rewind to set up the perfect starting frame. "Convert to video" appears to just do the lot, there's no manual that tells you it's possible to only record the bits you want to. And then you can only export the videos by taking the SD card out of the Switch! 

It's a small complaint, because I'm basically asking Nintendo to remove effort for me if I want to share things, but I'm hoping there's a future patch to make it all a little less obtuse. Players should be easily able to share their best moments, or biggest mistakes, with minimal fuss. It's a game that deserves it.

@deKay Press Y on the results screen. 

There’s no results screen in WoL mode :(

On 28/12/2018 at 20:21, Spiceymike said:

I'm not sure what to make of it all, it's bad enough with the Paz spirit!

I didn't notice anything mentioned on this topic but I managed to find some nice high quality shots of the panoramic poster and the Classic Mode mural:

Ej6lDRN.jpg

komlymx.jpg

Is there a good place to get these on a canvas?

If you find the answer please let me know. Was thinking the same.