IGNORED

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

revlob

2 hours ago, Yuujiin said:

Noticed today while playing classic mode that when you play through as a character then get a chance to unlock a new one, I was failing most of them thinking I would have to play through again to try to unlock again.

But on the classic mode menu screen I noticed a little gold book icon in the bottom right of the screen and there are all the characters that you failed to win waiting to be fought in battle. Now got Bayonetta unlocked. 

Still not won one online fight yet though.

That's useful to know.

I'm new to the Smash games, I've been waiting for a competitive game to come out to replace my CS:GO addiction. Love CS, but the game is broken due to cheaters.

Fully loving Smash Ultimate.. I am terrible but I understand the concept, I can't wait to be good enough to actually give people a run for their money online. I've played a few online games with a fellow rllmuker who absolutely destroys me, but it's still great fun.

I've won a couple of online matches but I think the opponents were probably laughing so hard at me that they fell off the side of the platform. 

Favourite character is probably Ness, although I've been playing with Kirby a fair bit today... I feel like I'll end up with a jumpy sword character being my main in the end though, I like the speed and the air combos.

If anyone fancies helping me learn quicker by absolutely spanking me, here's my friend code:

SW-3732-9505-3219

1 hour ago, deKay said:

Jesus Christ Nintendo

16FBDF32-F3C8-424B-B61B-CC63E1396828.thumb.jpeg.64ad52b19dcbf217ca1fce7bcb7401be.jpeg

There's a whole series of pictures like this on twitter and resetera and why they are and why they are not racist. Most of its down to the fact the main character and spirit character are related in some way e.g. They are both the boss character for their own games etc.

I am absolutely terrible at this online. I've completed the world of light 100%, most of the challenges, but online I cannot win a game at all. 

Clearly I need to put in some serious work! 

I've been maining Simon but clearly he's not worth using online too.

12 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

There's a whole series of pictures like this on twitter and resetera and why they are and why they are not racist. Most of its down to the fact the main character and spirit character are related in some way e.g. They are both the boss character for their own games etc.

I'm not sure either are boss characters, but it's more that for other spirit unlocks it makes sense (big lizard? Use Bowser, flying Pokemon? Use Ridley or something), but this reads as "Black man? Use a monkey". It's probably 100% unintentional, but relating black people to monkeys is really a pretty standard "no".

2 minutes ago, Isaac said:

I am absolutely terrible at this online. I've completed the world of light 100%, most of the challenges, but online I cannot win a game at all. 

Clearly I need to put in some serious work! 

I played it online once. I won once. I have now retired from online with a 100% unbeaten record.

8 minutes ago, Isaac said:

The Castlevania characters are actually considered top tier from what I can gather. Not that I'm anywhere near good enough at the game to utilise them in the way that competitive players do.

Got this for the kids for Christmas. Never played a Smash game before. Mucked around a bit and now my brain hurts like the first time I watched Tetsuo. I tried a few different modes, won something I think was called a mural, and then all kinds of random characters, pictures and other stuff popped on screen. WTF does it all mean?! (That's largely a rhetorical question for the time being).

I've now got some insight into how my dad feels when I try to explain computers and/or the internet to him. I'm going to play the Zelda DLC my son bought me instead. Try to unscramble my mind.

8 minutes ago, Chosty said:

Got this for the kids for Christmas. Never played a Smash game before. Mucked around a bit and now my brain hurts like the first time I watched Tetsuo. I tried a few different modes, won something I think was called a mural, and then all kinds of random characters, pictures and other stuff popped on screen. WTF does it all mean?! (That's largely a rhetorical question for the time being).

I've now got some insight into how my dad feels when I try to explain computers and/or the internet to him. I'm going to play the Zelda DLC my son bought me instead. Try to unscramble my mind.

Play Classic Mode, unlock characters. Then play Smash mode (local multiplayer) or Online (err, online multiplayer).

Sod World of Light. 

1 hour ago, deKay said:

I'm not sure either are boss characters, but it's more that for other spirit unlocks it makes sense (big lizard? Use Bowser, flying Pokemon? Use Ridley or something), but this reads as "Black man? Use a monkey". It's probably 100% unintentional, but relating black people to monkeys is really a pretty standard "no".

Yeah it's clearly tone deaf at best, I can't remember the particular logic for this image (as there's quite a few questionable match ups) but there is a story reason that does make sense why they've used the two characters together and points to it being unintentional even though someone should have questioned it at Nintendo. 

https://gonintendo.com/stories/325469-some-smash-bros-ultimate-players-are-pointing-out-what-they-beli

14 hours ago, Ketchup said:

Yeah it's clearly tone deaf at best, I can't remember the particular logic for this image (as there's quite a few questionable match ups) but there is a story reason that does make sense why they've used the two characters together and points to it being unintentional even though someone should have questioned it at Nintendo.  

https://gonintendo.com/stories/325469-some-smash-bros-ultimate-players-are-pointing-out-what-they-beli

I'm not sure what to make of it all, it's bad enough with the Paz spirit!

I didn't notice anything mentioned on this topic but I managed to find some nice high quality shots of the panoramic poster and the Classic Mode mural:

Ej6lDRN.jpg

komlymx.jpg

Is there a good place to get these on a canvas?

I've barely touched any modes other than World Of Light so far. It's miles better than the single player modes of other Smash games though it's still too damn long.

I prefer to stick to default controls in multiplayer games wherever possible since it makes group sessions less of a faff but changing the right stick from Smash attacks to Tilt attacks is really useful for me as I have trouble slightly tilting the left stick up and get Smash attacks by accident.

Using Captain Falcon's up-tilt on someone close to grabbing the stage edge is so satisfying.