IGNORED

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

revlob

People of rllmuk, hear me now. 
Remember when you played SF2 on console and you thought you were awesome?
Well forget that, because when you play actual people who can "do" this game THEY WILL BREAK YOU. *drago.gif*

Stay safe people because your time is coming and your Jigglypuff tricks will not help you.
Christmas break lobbys are coming.

37 minutes ago, mechamonkey said:

People of rllmuk, hear me now. 
Remember when you played SF2 on console and you thought you were awesome?
Well forget that, because when you play actual people who can "do" this game THEY WILL BREAK YOU. *drago.gif*

I could complete the Arcade version of SF2 with 20p.:eyebrows:

But 30 years of Streetfighter never prepared me for my first Smash. I love it, but spacial awareness is my biggest fault (week 1). When i'm plummeting to my death from a poorly timed jump or a new characters spinny-twirly move, my opponents don't care if i can do Ryu's uppercut for real on a Pro Controller (which by the way is uncomfortably heavy).

It is a lot to take in. I keep telling myself "Powerstone, not Virtua Fighter". But most importantly; its soooooooo much fun! Win or lose.

Enjoying World of Light now after initially being very unsure. It’s a great way to exploit the massive variety in the game. Smash is a box of toys. The fighters are figures that you play with in pretend fights. Now the figures are dressed up as spirits!

I was wondering about the whole ‘spirit type advantage’ thing. Came across this, which explains how all the stats work. I tend to go in with an underpowered primary, with my team about 1000-2000 points below the spirit.

I should have checked this thread last night, I'd have joined in on the lobby action. I was playing against the online masses and am only just managing to keep my win rate at about 50%. I need so much more practise! At the minute I'm still struggling against basic online strats, like Samus camping from the back of the stage with missiles and charge shots who then retreats to the other side of the stage when I get close.

There was very little online lag though and all the games were 1v1 so the update is a success.

Really enjoying this now having the odd go on Classic Mode, doing the unlocks but it's slow for me to get out of the Capcom / SNK traditional fighting game mindset. Starting to incorporate more throws, blocks and getting a feel for the special moves.

So when is it you tend to go for a Smash attack? Mostly when the their meter is over 100% or can you be more opportune? I'm sure I was fighting sonic and they recovered from what was a Smash attack where the screen zooms in like a Super, but looked like they could cancel out of it.