IGNORED

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

revlob

7 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

Oh god, I didn't think about this, I went for an XL. It's going to be enormous, isn't it? :lol:

Ive got a few of their shirts, they aren’t much different size-wise from what I normally get

8 hours ago, GC Zombie said:

I've gone for medium, I might be a large though. I've assumed yank sizes are bigger and got a size down. Either should fit though in a t-shirt, I'm skinny and long so if I go for larger it sometimes looks like a tent on me :lol:

PM me when it arrives, I think I’ll have The light World tee in both of those sizes. Sorry for derailing the thread, I’ll stop now

Amazingly, against all odds, my favourite character is Wii Fit Trainer. 

There's something wonderfully sarcastic about her. The taunts are incredible, and are probably the only ones that live up to the meaning of that word in local multiplayer. Had some incredible moments messing with people on Sunday night with her. Her ranged game and edge guarding is a lot of fun and the fact that a bunch of her moves actually hit in multiple directions (forward smash, forward tilt) makes her super useful in chaotic party sessions. I'll never be a pro player but she's a lot of fun in casual multiplayer shenanigans.

I also deeply identify with her beliefs. I also enjoy a nice stretch.

I fought Ryu after exiting out of World of Light one time, I hadn't encountered him in the map at all. I don't know if the challengers are random after you do a classic mode runthrough/quit out of World of Light after a certain time or if they generally appear in the same order for everyone.

I've unlocked about 30-40 characters now and I think my favourite is Richter. Biggest dud so far is probably Young Link who is just a weaker version of Link with less range. Took me forever to kill the final boss in classic mode using him. I guess his bomb is a bit less of a faff but otherwise I see no reason to use him over regular Link.

Tried some random online matches tonight just to get a gauge of player level, but the lag was atrocious. Worse than anything i've seen before. The matches i played that were semi-tolerable were populated with players spamming moves and somehow connecting.

Not a good first impression of Nintendo Online.

They shut down the servers for maintenance 2 mins after i posted the above. Maybe that had something to do with it?

I dunno, its my first Smash and i'm trying not to let 30 years of Streetfighter affect my playstyle, but its difficult adjusting when every pre-emptive uppercut i try, they land behind me. lol!

*edit* New update is live. That'll explain it.

3 hours ago, Majora said:

Biggest dud so far is probably Young Link who is just a weaker version of Link with less range. Took me forever to kill the final boss in classic mode using him. I guess his bomb is a bit less of a faff but otherwise I see no reason to use him over regular Link.

Seems to lack killer moves, besides smashes, but other than that Young Link looks good. His up-B has crazy travel for recovery purposes and his down/up air attacks have much lower lag than other Links. I want to main him.

Regarding the unlocking of characters, there does seem to be some kind of order. My son and I are both playing on separate user files and we're broadly getting the same character with some minor variations. If he gets one, I'll inevitably get it two or three characters down the line and visa versa. 

Completely fallen head-over-heels for this. Absolutely stunning game. 

I'm currently maining Young link, it's early days though and I might change my mind. He does lack early kill moves but he has all the tools to rack up high %. If you're boring you can play keepaway with his projectiles, or you can use them to approach safely. His down tilt combos into short hop fair at low % for nice damage, his nair is a great get off me move and kills at a lower % that you'd expect. I'm enjoying using him.

I was struggling with some levels in WoL, but I recalled a bridge that was indicated, then went looking for it. The spirit it led to was The Boss, and it has changed the whole game for me. I genuinely didn't care too much about what spirit I had equipped, but putting a 4000+ Master with 3 slots on makes a HUGE difference! Then went and cleared 5 or so of the ones I couldn't get past. However, Rayman is still a horror show. At least, though, I now know I'll be able to overpower Black Sonic and whatever that bastard assist trophy is.

I've just looked at the patch notes https://www-aaaba-lp1-hac.cdn.nintendo.net/en-US/8aefb3ff/index.html

Adjusted fighters:

Donkey Kong, Link, Kirby, Luigi, Ice Climbers, Young Link, Olimar, Toon Link, Villager, Greninja, PAC-MAN, Duck Hunt, and Isabelle

Adjusted how? It's far too early in the game to know if buffs or nerfs are required! I've put the most time into Young Link and I didn't feel like anything needed changing, he felt balanced as he was. He certainly wasn't overpowered so I hope he wasn't nerfed. 

15 hours ago, MattKB said:

I’m really enjoying this but shenanigans be challenger appears I get spanked mostly. Playing on different default difficulty, but I’ve lost so many challenges. I really wanted Ryu too but he sodding beat me as I was testing out Mario at the time who I am crap with. 

If you go to where the Classic Mode option is there is a Challengers Return thing where you can rematch them.

5 hours ago, GC Zombie said:

I've just looked at the patch notes https://www-aaaba-lp1-hac.cdn.nintendo.net/en-US/8aefb3ff/index.html

Adjusted fighters:

Donkey Kong, Link, Kirby, Luigi, Ice Climbers, Young Link, Olimar, Toon Link, Villager, Greninja, PAC-MAN, Duck Hunt, and Isabelle

Adjusted how? It's far too early in the game to know if buffs or nerfs are required! I've put the most time into Young Link and I didn't feel like anything needed changing, he felt balanced as he was. He certainly wasn't overpowered so I hope he wasn't nerfed. 

Isnt young link considered the absolute top tier and the most used character online along with k rool? Would suggest he’s op 

1 hour ago, carlospie said:

Isnt young link considered the absolute top tier and the most used character online along with k rool? Would suggest he’s op 

I wouldn't trust any tier list this early on, no-one has had time to play every match-up. Armada put out a video a couple of days ago saying how crazy it would be to buff/nerf this early on:

Spoiler

I can't say I can see any difference with Young Link at the level I play at. If there's been slight frame adjustments someone like me wouldn't even notice. 

I did play one online game today and there was no lag so hopefully that wasn't a fluke and they've done something to the netcode. I'll have a decent go online tonight for a couple of hours to properly test it.

I've been practising against level 9 cpu for a few days with them set to random and I've been winning almost every time, until today. The random cpu got Little Mac and 3 stocked me! I then set it to choose Little Mac to learn the match-up and for the next hour I lost every game. I've now started to win the occasional set but it's 50/50 at best, he seems to parry far more than everyone else. 

Does anyone else find level 9 Little Mac an absolute bastard? I haven't come across another character that the cpu can beat me with so easily.