IGNORED

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

revlob

That annoying moment you get when you're playing as Ice Climbers and Crazy Hand beats you and you end up with 9.1 intensity :/

I remember how intimidating it was using the intensity meter on Smash for Wii U yet I like it better on this, I think it's because it progresses after 5.0 and I feel the incentive to complete the image.

Unless I'm not looking properly but do echo fighters just unlock in the same way as the other characters?

6 minutes ago, bm said:

Early-ish (2hrs in) Spirit Mode stage question:

Reveal hidden contents

What the fuck is up with that windy stage in Spirit Mode? How on Earth are you supposed to fight without drowning/being blown off? 

Spoiler

Go and do some other stages and you'll unlock a support spirit that will give you strong-wind resistance. Equip that to make the level easier. 

In fact, it is designed in a way to be ok to give up on a stage and come back later.  

7 minutes ago, fasteasyfree said:

This has probably been discussed but: how do I apply a control scheme profile? I've created one and customised it, but can't work out how to apply it...

You need to select it on the character select screen. Click on 'player 1' at the bottom of the screen and then select your name (assuming you've named it). I only had to select it the first time since I started playing but the game has never left rest mode, you might have to reselect the scheme when booting the game cold, I'm not sure.

Word of warning you can very easily fail the all chests challenge on WoL because of really bad quiz design.

One of the questions on the late game quiz section has two answers and they must be done back to back or you miss a chest permanently (all other quiz questions have 1 answer).

The only way to get it again is to start WoL over (20 hours in btw) or use a hammer on the challenges screen.

Atrocious design.

Do any o our better forum Smash players have any tips for practising Edge Defence and Off-Screen Recovery? Feel like I am losing most of my games now because of not being able to recover properly, or not getting in an extra hit when I knock the opponent off the stage. 

I know I can carry on playing and trying to work it out, but wondered if there were any decent techniques to practice in training mode. 

25 minutes ago, Majora said:

You need to select it on the character select screen. Click on 'player 1' at the bottom of the screen and then select your name (assuming you've named it). I only had to select it the first time since I started playing but the game has never left rest mode, you might have to reselect the scheme when booting the game cold, I'm not sure.

Cheers dude, I'll give that a go at home later.

4 hours ago, GC Zombie said:

Purchased! I wanted your light world one too but that's unavailable. Do the old ones ever get another run?

Thank you <3 

It's rare that they get a second run... out of interest, what size do you get? Might be able to help out because I get sent a couple of extras in the post.

10 minutes ago, Couk said:

Thank you <3 

It's rare that they get a second run... out of interest, what size do you get? Might be able to help out because I get sent a couple of extras in the post.

I hope it does. Want one, but timing is all wrong unfortunately. 

15 minutes ago, Couk said:

Thank you <3 

I've gone for medium, I might be a large though. I've assumed yank sizes are bigger and got a size down. Either should fit though in a t-shirt, I'm skinny and long so if I go for larger it sometimes looks like a tent on me :lol:

1 hour ago, bradigor said:

Do any o our better forum Smash players have any tips for practising Edge Defence and Off-Screen Recovery? Feel like I am losing most of my games now because of not being able to recover properly, or not getting in an extra hit when I knock the opponent off the stage. 

I know I can carry on playing and trying to work it out, but wondered if there were any decent techniques to practice in training mode. 

Which character are you using?

As a general recovery tip: if you're finding that people are guarding you from getting back, mix up how you get back. You have several options to help you return (your double jump, up+b, air dodge and extra options depending on character), but if you approach the same way every time, you're predictable and easy to guard against.

Also, vary your get up options from the ledge, for the same reasons (you can jump up, attack up, drop and jump or just do a normal get-up).

2 hours ago, Dig Dug said:

Word of warning you can very easily fail the all chests challenge on WoL because of really bad quiz design.

One of the questions on the late game quiz section has two answers and they must be done back to back or you miss a chest permanently (all other quiz questions have 1 answer).

The only way to get it again is to start WoL over (20 hours in btw) or use a hammer on the challenges screen.

Atrocious design.

Um, there isn't an All Chests Challenge? There's one for 20 chests, which is easily done. I've completed World of Light 100% and I know the chest/question that you're talking about, and I didn't realise it myself until afterwards. It's not for a required Challenge, more for proper obsessive completion. BTW all of the quiz chests are items like Snacks and Spirit Points, nothing missable or essential.

I’m really enjoying this but shenanigans be challenger appears I get spanked mostly. Playing on different default difficulty, but I’ve lost so many challenges. I really wanted Ryu too but he sodding beat me as I was testing out Mario at the time who I am crap with.