Jump to content

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate


Recommended Posts

I'm really enjoying it despite me not getting on with the previous versions and came close to buying the Fighters Pass yesterday too. I then noticed that the expected release dates of each bit of DLC was in 2020! Is that correct? I have no problem chucking another 20 quid or whatever at the game but not over a year in advance. A lot can happen in a year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bridger said:

I'm really enjoying it despite me not getting on with the previous versions and came close to buying the Fighters Pass yesterday too. I then noticed that the expected release dates of each bit of DLC was in 2020! Is that correct? I have no problem chucking another 20 quid or whatever at the game but not over a year in advance. A lot can happen in a year.

 

I bought the fighters pass, but I misread it the first time I looked too. If you read closely it says they will be released 'by 2020', not in 2020. It just means you'll have all five DLC on or before 2020.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, DC Lemon said:

I’ve decided to get the fighters pass. :blink2:

 

At the Joker reveal Reggie said the remaining DLC characters are all ones you wouldn’t anticipate. That hasn’t stopped me anticipating...

 

Tracer

Leon S. Kennedy

Ribbon Girl

Waluigi

 

 

The Prince from Katamari

Chris Redfield or Leon Kennedy

Kamek

Waluigi, star of Mario Tennis and Mario Kart

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DC Lemon said:
  Hide contents

Giga Bowser

had me working up a sweat in World of Light.

 

After various fighter and spirit combos failed, Fox saved me from going to bed in tears with some cheap tactics.

 

These tweets give me comfort.

 

 

  Hide contents

 

 

 

Spoiler

Haha yeah he's tough, took me about 30 mins to beat him last night (on normal, not touching hard, I'm not that good at Smash!). In the end I got him with Captain Falcon. If you equip a Steel Diver the shots from that will take away almost half his HP, and I also used the Yakuman spirit that boosts your attack power when you're badly damaged (which is pretty much straight away in that fight). The final slow-mo Falcon Kick to the face was a thing of beauty! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't really looking into too many of the character changes but Megaman feels like he's been nerfed. I'm having real trouble finishing people, I'll easily get them up to around 150% ish but just getting an opportunity to knock them off is so much tougher. Meanwhile I'll get bodied around 90% by the FE lot. Might be time to switch main.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Isaac said:

 

I bought the fighters pass, but I misread it the first time I looked too. If you read closely it says they will be released 'by 2020', not in 2020. It just means you'll have all five DLC on or before 2020.

 

Ah okay I must have misread it then. Cheers for that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If we're guessing DLC characters, I feel like Dark Souls representation is highly likely. Whether that would be a generic knight character or someone like Solaire I don't know, but it would surely be very easy to come up with a moveset for them.

 

I'm struggling to come up with a moveset for a Resident Evil character though? I feel like Nintendo probably wouldn't actually want realistic guns being fired at Mario. Snake just about gets away with it with the missiles etc, but it's notable he wasn't actually given a gun. What do the Resident Evil characters even have if you strip them of guns? Rocket launcher, grenade, knife, suplex...boulder punching? Eh, I guess it could work.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Majora said:

If we're guessing DLC characters, I feel like Dark Souls representation is highly likely. Whether that would be a generic knight character or someone like Solaire I don't know, but it would surely be very easy to come up with a moveset for them.

 

I'm struggling to come up with a moveset for a Resident Evil character though? I feel like Nintendo probably wouldn't actually want realistic guns being fired at Mario. Snake just about gets away with it with the missiles etc, but it's notable he wasn't actually given a gun. What do the Resident Evil characters even have if you strip them of guns? Rocket launcher, grenade, knife, suplex...boulder punching? Eh, I guess it could work.

 

Bayonetta has four guns and gets away with it, so I think it would work, but it does feel like they'd be a bit out of place in a way that Snake isn't. I can't put my finger on why though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jill Valentine was in Marvel vs Capcom 2. Can’t really remember her moves other than a grenade launcher and a zombie summon, but it might be an idea to watch a video of her moveset there for an idea of what a Resi character might bring to a frantic cartoony fighter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, donpeartree said:

A few things:

 

Ness feels so damn good in this game, especially with the new dramatic finish on PK Thunder 2.

Is Piranha Plant a preorder bonus? Did anyone who ordered through Simply Games get a code? 

Are rllmuk lobbies for this a thing yet? Because if not, let's make it a thing.

 

I’ve just added a smash bros text and voice category to the rllmuk Splatoon discord channel, which I think a lot of the forum’s switch users are on already because  of there being no party chat on Switch. Invite link for anyone else who wants to use it is: https://discord.gg/9dNvpPX

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, MaffewE said:

Bought a Switch with this yesterday, redeemed my coins for a card copy of the game through the console shortly afterwards... haven't received a code for Piranha Plant through email as yet. Should I be concerned?

 

Waiting for mine too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Trying to work out who I should main... Fox is out, as I cannot control him at all. Still liking Pikachu though.

 

 

 

What's your playstyle generally? Do you like fast characters who can nip around and get out of harm's way, large powerful but slow characters, people with reach, projectiles? 

 

I've always found Link to be a great allrounder for newbies. His latest incarnation is a little bit fiddly because of how his bombs work so Young Link might be better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, freezycold said:

 

 

 

What's your playstyle generally? Do you like fast characters who can nip around and get out of harm's way, large powerful but slow characters, people with reach, projectiles? 

 

I've always found Link to be a great allrounder for newbies. His latest incarnation is a little bit fiddly because of how his bombs work so Young Link might be better.

 

I'm not sure yet, still trying to figure myself out in the game. All I know is I couldn't control Fox at all. I still descend into hitting buttons in hope more than by design, but that is gradually improving. Even managed to survive a big hit that sent me nearly off the screen and grab the ledge, first time I have managed that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.