Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

I did Classic Mode with Jigglypuff. At first I wondered why anyone would play as this rubbish and boring ‘filler character’. I quickly began to learn that putting opponents to sleep and then smashing them off the screen will never be boring,

Jigglypuff main 4 life Sunday.

She is to Smash what Mei is to Overwatch.

1 hour ago, DC Lemon said:

I did Classic Mode with Jigglypuff. At first I wondered why anyone would play as this rubbish and boring ‘filler character’. I quickly began to learn that putting opponents to sleep and then smashing them off the screen will never be boring,

Jigglypuff main 4 life Sunday.

She is to Smash what Mei is to Overwatch.

Wait til you discover the wonders of his down-B. 

Playing handheld mode has confirmed to me that the world still desperately needs some GameCube shaped joycons for handheld mode, most likely coming from PowerA. I know from experience playing Smash with the GameCube keyboard that the distance between hands takes next to no time to adjust to, and the slight joycons are just no substitute for playing in bed or a reading chair. Not everyone can afford to be deeply pathetic dorks like @Strafeand I with our Switches suspended above us in bed on intricate tablet-holder arms while we frig away with a Pro controller under the gossamer covers; it takes a huge amount of attractiveness and charisma for it not to be an permanent end to any current or future relationships and/or marriage. 

To be fair I'm actually impressed how well joycons work in handheld mode. Pro controller is good too - been using gc pads as well and had spent couple hours playing 5 player matches with friends last night. Glad all the stages work with up To 8 players now.

30 minutes ago, Rob Rule said:

Playing handheld mode has confirmed to me that the world still desperately needs some GameCube shaped joycons for handheld mode, most likely coming from PowerA. I know from experience playing Smash with the GameCube keyboard that the distance between hands takes next to no time to adjust to, and the slight joycons are just no substitute for playing in bed or a reading chair. Not everyone can afford to be deeply pathetic dorks like @Strafeand I with our Switches suspended above us in bed on intricate tablet-holder arms while we frig away with a Pro controller under the gossamer covers; it takes a huge amount of attractiveness and charisma for it not to be an permanent end to any current or future relationships and/or marriage. 

I got me a wireless Power A GC pad. No rumble but otherwise great.

41 minutes ago, Mrs Horribleman said:

Anyone else finding it pretty hard to beat the unlock character at the end of classic mode? I must have missed out on a load of good unlocks by now :(

Some tricky fights, some a piece of piss. You know you can challenge them again, right? When you go back to the Classic Mode select screen, there will be a little yellow and pink flashing door symbol from time to time which gives you another crack at the characters you didn't unlock first time round. 

1 hour ago, Stanshall said:

Some tricky fights, some a piece of piss. You know you can challenge them again, right? When you go back to the Classic Mode select screen, there will be a little yellow and pink flashing door symbol from time to time which gives you another crack at the characters you didn't unlock first time round. 

Yeah, but what about when you fail to beat them again? I have barely unlocked anyone and have lost twice to most :lol: 

6 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Yeah, but what about when you fail to beat them again? I have barely unlocked anyone and have lost twice to most :lol: 

I've now finally unlocked them all, King Dedede and Daisy took the most tries for me. I found doing spirit mode for a while got the door to reappear.

18 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Bloody Robin had me in bits. My tactic now is just go Ganondorf and do his Smash attack two or three times and it twats almost anyone off the screen and into your collection. 

1 minute ago, grindmouse said:

OMG 1. Ryu controls like actual Ryu.

OMG 2. The credit schmup game gets progressively harder each time you play it... 

The jumping uppercut juggle into Final Smash Full Ultra!

Also, did you try the half circle hadouken? So bloody good this game. 

Are character guides for the older games still relevant to this? The only Smash game I played was on GameCube and I never learned to play it properly, so I still have no clue what I'm doing. I've watched some general guides but want to focus on a specific character or two.

This is really good but I’m surprised at how much stuff from Smash 4 has simply been cut. No Home Run challenge, no Target Blast, no Endless Smash, no trophies, no uploading of replays directly to YouTube, no Smash Tour/Smash Run. In particular, no custom moves and no equippable items - they were great and trying to unlock them all was a major part of what kept me coming back to Smash 4 for so long. I guess we’ve got Spirits now but they’re not really the same.