The Division 2

I'm not really feeling the new boss fights. They're a bit of a slog on solo and way too easy in a team. Some of the mechanics (Kajima's steamy section for example) are horrible. The others are just a bit too bullet-spongy.

Gear 2.0 is nice though.

Quick Q - friends and I have been looking at co-oping base game.

I understand that everything you complete in someone else's world completes on yours (except CPs I think)

But that works for main missions if we do them in order, 1,2,3 etc - completed for each when we go back to world.

How does it work if a new person joins, does 1 and 2 solo and then co-ops 4 with us. Is 3 completed in his world? Does 4 not count as complete etc etc

5 hours ago, Hexx said:

Quick Q - friends and I have been looking at co-oping base game.

I understand that everything you complete in someone else's world completes on yours (except CPs I think)

But that works for main missions if we do them in order, 1,2,3 etc - completed for each when we go back to world.

How does it work if a new person joins, does 1 and 2 solo and then co-ops 4 with us. Is 3 completed in his world? Does 4 not count as complete etc etc

It will  say group member ineligible if its gated at all (e.g. strongholds) and you will be unable to begin until they have done the required missions.
It wont auto complete any missions he's not done if you attempt a later one.

1 hour ago, Gizamaluke said:

So this is a fun game to be playing at the moment.

I agree, it's just so damn "playable", always something to do, new gear to acquire. It looks even better now with the Manhattan map. Simply stunning at times.

6 hours ago, Hexx said:

As MechaMonkey said, there are a few missions the new person won't be able to play (locked strongholds, weekly challenges, etc), but the majority of them are completely standalone play-in-whatever-order things that you'll all be able to tackle. It's really good at normalising the all the players stats too, so it's still fun if you're playing with people who are ahead of you.

10 hours ago, Gizamaluke said:

I do agree though. It's very nice looking and the gunplay feels great. I still get frustrated by the cover glue sometimes when things get hectic though.

Solved by somersaulting away!

I picked this up off Prime for $10, got it yesterday. 60gb download was a pain, but whatever. I am finding myself engrossed. Got super bored of the last one. When the music starts pumping ... God damn. Cracking out headshots and spraying fools with the SA80, swapping to my revolver if someone rushes and I’m out of ammo. 

Found my old place of employment on 14th and F, it’s a shambles

Season One manhunt is live and plays out just like the WoNY campaign; 4 mini-bosses revealing the location of the main target.

The mini-bosses are time gated though, the first one is live now but the second one is only available in 2 weeks etc. Which spaces out manhunt across the 3 month season I guess. 

They've wrapped up the Project busywork as the way to gain Intel about each of the targets, such as clearing control points, bounties and main missions. 

Up to season pass level 5 now too and at level 4 there's a fixed roll (I think) named assault rifle, Glory Days which melts.

Only other thing that caught me out is if you change your World Difficulty during the manhunt you lose all progress to all of the Targets. Annoying now I'm melting enemies with the Strikers Gear Set so pick your difficulty before you start!

They have buried an enormously satisfying cover shooter beneath the usual Ubimap busywork nonsense. I think that’s why I’m still playing. My tolerance for map ticking games is pretty low and I usually burn out quite quickly, but fair play to them, they got me good this time.

15 hours ago, Gizamaluke said:

I do agree though. It's very nice looking and the gunplay feels great. I still get frustrated by the cover glue sometimes when things get hectic though.

There are a couple of settings in the controls menu that change how the parkour and moving in to/out of cover works...

44 minutes ago, ChrisN said:

There are a couple of settings in the controls menu that change how the parkour and moving in to/out of cover works...

I'll have to have a look at those. I picked up a level 30 bolt action rifle last night and popping heads is genuinely (although morbidly) delightful. Made easy work of soloing the last few story missions.

2 hours ago, Nathan Wind said:

They have buried an enormously satisfying cover shooter beneath the usual Ubimap busywork nonsense. I think that’s why I’m still playing. My tolerance for map ticking games is pretty low and I usually burn out quite quickly, but fair play to them, they got me good this time.

Yup. I paid very little for it so I’ll just stop once I get sick of it. 

Been poking round base get season pass content.

Presidential retreat was cool.

Can't do the Zoo until I replay 3 mission

Expeditions seem filler

Pentagon - wish I could matchmatke (haven't tried Coney Island yet)

Tried my first ‘new’ Heroic tonight and had a good time up until the final boss ( Grand Washington Hotel). I just can’t see how it’s possible. They’ve drastically overdone the enemy health and AI. Everything one-shots you and you are just constantly spammed with grenades and gunfire every time you peek out. What’s even more baffling is that there is a difficulty above that.....

The devs alluded to some screwy scaling the higher the number of people in the group, which they will be fixing.  Makes sense as I just did a lvl4 heroic checkpoint as a duo and it was tough but we did it and was then preceeded by 3 rougue agents which are the mega hard random world encounters and again was absolutely barmy but we managed it so definitely seems like the scaling is exponential rather than linear and making enemies in 4 man teams just too tanky. 

Still loving this though, I like the tougher content overall and there's a shit load of stuff to do/collect. 

It is fun when it all hits the fan. Was doing the Navy Hill CP3 last night and as usual not only did the friendly reinforcements seem to aggro some patrol half a mile down the road on their way but a normal patrol came back as well as an elite supply convoy. I keep hearing phantom drone beeping now. Sometimes it is a bit too much though. Was doing Stranded Tanker on challenging and 4 rogue agents popped up near the top of the tanker and our entire group just seemed to evaporate.

I know zombies have been done a thousand times, but how good would it be if some sort of virus was sent out over the cities when you complete the final wave and everyone turns into zombies.

This game needs (zombie) dogs as well - and zombie raccoons.

From the first one I thought this franchise would be much more interesting if the virus had a supernatural nature. Definitely not zombies but something lovecraftian. Like it starts out like a super serious Tom Clancy thing but at you progress shit gets more fucked up and there's things about messing with rituals and old gods and all that, and the cultists had infiltrated the upper echelons of power and they were all armed to the teeth with black ops gear.

Probably wouldn't have sold as much but I'd have loved it.

Been playing this a bit more since the gear system update. Ran into something confusing when trying to upgrade my exotic pistol, Liberty, though. Currently at 500 gear score with it, but if I use the materials to go to 515 then it’s listed it’ll do lower damage than current? Apparently, according to the division reddit, it’s a re-roll that has a chance of coming up with lower damage. Where is the fucking logic behind this? It’s not too easy to source the parts needed for this re-roll, so why would I ever do it if there’s a chance of being worse off? As if taking away all of the gun’s unique talents wasn’t enough. 

Pootering around Warlords (2 down) and it's nice. Doesn't appear to be too many missions (although I don't know what endgame is like) but they're HUGE and pretty

4 hours ago, Garibaldi said:

Been playing this a bit more since the gear system update. Ran into something confusing when trying to upgrade my exotic pistol, Liberty, though. Currently at 500 gear score with it, but if I use the materials to go to 515 then it’s listed it’ll do lower damage than current? Apparently, according to the division reddit, it’s a re-roll that has a chance of coming up with lower damage. Where is the fucking logic behind this? It’s not too easy to source the parts needed for this re-roll, so why would I ever do it if there’s a chance of being worse off? As if taking away all of the gun’s unique talents wasn’t enough. 

Reminds me of when Destiny first came out and blue engrams would give green loot, which was a fucking stupid idea.

Ok I absolutely love this game. At lvl 19, running around with a bolt-action rifle, police M4 I crafted, and a shotgun that does 12.5k damage. I was using the incinerator turret and assault drone, but switched to riot foam and sniper turret during the mission at the world bank (rescuing the president a block from my old workplace) as I kept getting flanked by mooks or rushed by the boss. Failed twice before I made the change, and once I did I went through everyone like they were sticks of butter. I have lots of mods etc by getting stuck into every project and side mission I could get my hands on. I was using the Kalashnikov LMG but switched to the M4 because it’s easier to land shots consistently and I have a scope that does 35% extra headshot damage.

however I made the mistake of joining the subreddit, where people are talking about builds and drops and rolls and farms and rerolls and I have no idea what the fuck anyone is talking about. Is this endgame stuff? I’ve just been choosing gear more or less on what the armor level is, and choosing weapons that do high damage but also RPM and are controllable. Is there a link I can read that will explain all this super nerd meta spreadsheet stuff? I’m lost.