rllmuk
Capwn

The Division 2

34 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

You fuckin' knows it.

Two of the guys I play with onTuesdays are welsh and often run round as GLC rapping away :)

I favour a Mr Torgue look on my male character (old pic)

Bma1jCK.jpg

• Upvote 2

WLK_UCS16031_UBDC_NewsHeader_960x540_US.

Title: Division 2 - Warlords Of New York (Expansion + Title Update 8)
Platforms: PC/Xbox One/PS4
Release date: Monday, March 2nd (PC), Tuesday, March 3rd (Consoles)
Developer: Massive
Publisher: Ubisoft
Genre: Looter Shooter
Distribution: Digital
Pricing: $29.99

WARLORDS OF NEW YORK & TITLE UPDATE 8
Welcome back, agents! The Division 2 is launching its first major expansion, promising a return to unfinished narrative threads from the first game, a level cap increase and a new endgame focus along with Title Update 8, an update that features fundamental changes to the game's core systems, most notably Gear 2.0. Gear 2.0 will featured a complete re-work of weapons, gear and talents.

WARLORDS OF NEW YORK: NEW CONTENT/FEATURES EXCLUSIVE TO THE EXPANSION

• New open world map roughly 1/4 the size of the Division 2's map
  • A return to New York! While it isn't in the wintertime, agents will be exploring a brand new section of New York, Lower Manhattan, created on a 1:1 scale
  • Level cap increase (from 30 to 40)
  • New near infinite progression system allowing players to incrementally improve their character after reaching max level. SHD levels can be gained in place of Field Proficiency Caches allowing for permanent, small increases in things like Weapon Damage/Armor/Health/Handling etc. maxing out at 10-20% on average. These gains are account wide and applied regardless of gear worn
  • New narrative campaign revolving around the hunt for Aaron Keener and his 4 lieutenants. This is 5 main missions and a plethora of open world content and activities
  • New skills (including the return of the Sticky Bomb and Shock Turret from the first game), each dropped upon defeating one of Keener's lieutenants
  • New, stronger gear (level 31-40)
  • New gearsets (2), new exotics (10), new named items (19), new weapons (2), new brands (4)
  • Seasons: 3 month long seasonal content framed around Seasonal Manhunts with season tracks (a free base track and a premium track). No rewards affecting power level earned via the tracks are unobtainable by simply playing the game - it mostly revolves around cosmetics, guaranteed drops and caches
  • New factions, including the return of the Cleaners
  • Global difficulty level: agents can now set a difficulty level (Normal/Hard/Challenging/Heroic) not just for specific missions, but for every activity and open world NPC. Players who choose to play on harder difficulties will receive better chances for better loot
  • Legendary difficulty: a brand new difficulty level featuring new Black Tusk variants and AI programming. The hardest challenge yet for Division 2 players
  • Level 40 version of the Raid, Operation Dark Hours, with a new Level 40 Eagle Bearer
  • Ability to instantly boost your character to level 30 to take on the new content
  • Global events: lifted from the first game, Global Events will modify the core gameplay loop and reward system for a period of time
  • Directives: lifted from Division's Underground mode, players will be able to toggle on or off specific Directives that change the core gameplay loop, making it harder, but more rewarding
  • Apparel events: completing tasks/gaining experience will unlock brand new cosmetic items
  • New full gear dyes (covering the entirety of a piece of gear instead of the current system)
  • New hunter encounters
  • After completing the expansion, players can freely roam back and forth between DC and New York, engaging in all of the open world activities, bounties, etc.

TCTD2_Fog_of_War.jpg

Essentially, we're on the hunt for Aaron Keener (finally!), the late-in-the-game reveal as the big, big bad from Division 1 that ended up getting away. If you'd like to get a bit of a back-story, watch the videos below and play the new missions (now in game) taking place on Coney Island.

(List of videos thanks to Division 2 Reddit)

div2-warlords-squares-03-explore_4_nyc_d

GEAR 2.0 EXPLAINED (FREE TO ALL DIVISION 2 PLAYERS, NOT JUST THOSE WITH THE EXPANSION)

• Every weapon and piece of gear is being re-worked, including exotics
  • A re-work of the game's UI, immediately showing a player how high a piece of gear or weapon's roll is compared to the max (indicators in the inventory screen and also god roll indicators out in the open world)
  • Talents will no longer drop on every piece of gear, but only on backpacks and chest pieces. To compensate, talents are being re-worked to be more powerful and build-defining.
  • The way the base game worked was that gear had a budget system. If one attribute was rolled high, by definition, the other one would drop low.  With re-calibration, players could artiificially add a single better roll to a piece of gear. Gear 2.0 allows all attributes to drop with god rolls (though rare), which should contribute to a better, more consistent build progression system
  • Because of this, the developers can now ensure that higher difficulties reward higher chances for better overall rolls on gear. While you will still have a chance to drop god rolls on Normal Difficulty, the chances to drop those more consistenly increase the harder the level you play on
  • The game is introducing a Re-calibration library, essentially a Pokedex, allowing players to store god rolls for re-calibration later. Not only is this another form of progression (fill your library with god rolls), but it takes pressure off of the player's inventory and stash, holding onto gear for fear they may one day need to deconstruct it in a re-calibration
  • The skill system is being completely re-worked, with Skill Power being exchanged for Skill Tiers. Previously, Skill Power only determined what level of skill mods players could equip. A person with maxed out skill power build, but without a mod that took advantage of that skill power, was no stronger than one with 1/2 as much skill power with the same mod. Now, Skill Tiers directly influence stats such as Skill Duration, Radius, Healing and Damage power, with certain gears allowing for overcharge effects
  • Brand and gear set bonuses are being re-worked
  • An increased max gear score of 515 (this is essentially high rolled level 30 gear, which pales in comparison to level 40 gear)

ui_backpack_359624.png

TITLE UPDATE 8 (FREE TO ALL DIVISION 2 PLAYERS, NOT JUST THOSE WITH THE EXPANSION)

• Gear 2.0 (see above for a full breakdown) - the game-changing overhaul
  • Players who choose not to play the expansion will cap out at Level 30/Gear Score 515. If level 40 players are invited to their game, the level 30 player will scale up to be able to play content together, but still be capped at Level 30 drops
  • Heroic difficulty for all missions (currently there are only a handful of missions that can be tackled on heroic with a weekly rotation of rewards)
  • Dark Zone re-tools - while there are still three separate zones for the DZ, and no new area in New York, the devs are tweaking the experience's loot and core gameplay loops to encourage more PVP
  • New character heads for new players
  • New hunter encounters in Washington
  • Bounty system overhaul

div2-warlords-squares-04-progress_to_lev

SEASONS (ONLY AVAILABLE TO WARLORDS OF NEW YORK EXPANSION HOLDERS)

• A brand new focus to the endgame
  • Begins one week after the expansion's launch
  • First season and its premium track are free with the purchase of the expansion. Subsequent seasons will be free but their premium tracks will cost 1,000 premium credits or about 10 euros
  • Will last for 3 months each
  • Include seasonal manhunt targets - a narrative thread for the season involving tracking down one key target, which will drop a new skill variant
  • Seasonal Tracks, both base and premium, rewarding the player for playing during a season. These won't be pay to win rewards, but cosmetics or additional guaranteed drops that can still be randomly earned in game in non-seasonal content
  • The Seasonal Tracks are expected to take 50-100 hours, depending on how much a player focuses on the specific challenges
  • These tracks can be purchased outright towards the end of the season for those who don't have the time to invest
  • Will include new gear sets, though players will be able to acquire these gear sets outside of the seasonal content too, just perhaps at a slower rate
  • Reimagined Global Events, taken from the first game - while these haven't been fully revealed yet, expect gameplay modifiers and exclusive cosmetics
  • Leagues - basically leaderboards and more skill-intensive challenges that can direct a player's end-game experience
  • Apprarel and Season events

_TCTD2___NEWS__Warlords_of_New_York_Endg

RewardTrack540.png

RELEASE SCHEDULE

TCTD2_Flashcard_WARLOCK_RoadMap_final_2.

Credit goes to shawnoftheshred from ResetEra for the contents of this post.

• Upvote 8

Patch is up, 56.3gb on my X. My internet is going to be well and truly bombarded today (2x XBoxs and two PS4s to patch....)
Can't wait to spent hours deleting obsolete gear later :)

1 hour ago, mechamonkey said:

Patch is up, 56.3gb on my X. My internet is going to be well and truly bombarded today (2x XBoxs and two PS4s to patch....)

:o

That's bigger than the base game isn't it?

I can’t pretend to follow half of those changes, but will it still be the case that, say, a level 25 piece of gear can have better stats than a level 27? That’s what really put me off, as it made gaining levels at all feel oddly redundant. 

3 hours ago, mechamonkey said:

It's only 15.245 GB on the PS4. On this one anyway. (EDIT: Obv I haven't got the expansion though.)

1 hour ago, Garibaldi said:

I can’t pretend to follow half of those changes, but will it still be the case that, say, a level 25 piece of gear can have better stats than a level 27? That’s what really put me off, as it made gaining levels at all feel oddly redundant. 

The good news is you can now bank pretty much any attribute, so no need to keep the actual weapon around just for recalibrating, you just go to the recalibration station and hit the re calibration library tab, then you can strip off Core Attributes (SMG Damage, Shotgun damage Critical Hit Chance etc),  Attributes (Damage to Armor, Critical Hit damage etc) or Talents (Breakbasket, Fast Hands etc) and it tells you how close a roll is the maximum very clearly (loot now has a bar showing how close a roll is to max etc).
Also thankfully it takes your stash into account showing you these so you dont need to go fetch them first.
Its great, you can basically build a library of stats and talents then just slap them on something you like, frees up so much inventory space.
Takes bloody ages going through all the accumulated crap though :)

I feel a bit sad as I really, really want to care but I still just don't. Please can you all play it and come back in here and rave about it to change my mind.

Still no Survival... :(

Had a quick look at my gear and it seems it's been streamlined well. I've still got empty slots on my abilities because I've never ever had mods drop for those slots and the few I have had are super low level. Hope that gets rectified.

Tbh I've not played it nearly enough to get the expansion so I'm waiting for a sale. Given how Ubi shit had been taking in recent months shouldn't be too long...

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, mechamonkey said:

Takes bloody ages going through all the accumulated crap though :)

I think this is why I stopped playing. I ended up spending more time plodding through my inventory, deleting, recycling, and recalibrating than I did actually doing the fun stuff like missions and exploring. I know some people live for all the stat balancing, but for me it’s always been a means to an end. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Garibaldi said:

I think this is why I stopped playing. I ended up spending more time plodding through my inventory, deleting, recycling, and recalibrating than I did actually doing the fun stuff like missions and exploring. I know some people live for all the stat balancing, but for me it’s always been a means to an end. 

I've run a few missions today (only in DC, not started WoNY) and the drop rate seems lower, this is no bad thing, the battlefield being littered in loot was a bit silly.

43 minutes ago, Gorf King said:

It's only 15.245 GB on the PS4. On this one anyway. (EDIT: Obv I haven't got the expansion though

4 hours ago, mechamonkey said:

set your xbones to share updates locally 

Aaron Keener is such a vanilla/jock name for an archvillain. Couldn't they have come up with something better?

They'd have had to back in Division 1 and, let's be honest, the Clancyverse isn't exactly resplendent with colourful names. I mean, it's not like they need to go full ham by calling him something like Cyrus Von Evilplot or some shit, but anything more than that vanilla garbage.

6 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

One of the main baddies is called Vivian.

Hide contents

source.gif

Well it's blatantly spelled wrong, isn't it?

2e3337560127e19b9d5d3416c7172266.jpg.2e7cb080f7c2bcecc7b462b290a25c48.jpg

• Upvote 3

Is this update free to all?

Great, I appear to have the 'cant speak to community leader' bug that stops progression. :rolleyes:

I'm just standing in the safe house with about 6 players all just doing the facepalm emote because nobody can play the game.:lol:

I reckon the sneaky one day early release was actually just a PTS and they forgot to mention it.

They really butchered exotics with this update, pretty much all complete garbage now  (regardless of them being capped currently) I really don’t like that they removed holstered talents 

21 hours ago, Len said:

I feel a bit sad as I really, really want to care but I still just don't. Please can you all play it and come back in here and rave about it to change my mind.

Still no Survival... :(

Thing with these games as service expansions, they change everything raise levels and makes it nigh on impossible to get back into without sinking a shit load of time in order to kind of qualify to play, everything changes and its all made overly complicated. I gave up on both Destinys because of this kind of thing.

Had a great time with the base game, but same as @Len just cant be arsed. 

• Upvote 2
  • Empathy 1

This update is amazing. Item management is just so much easier and actually fun. Making builds is also so much easier now. And going back to NY feels perfect.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, mechamonkey said:

They really butchered exotics with this update, pretty much all complete garbage now  (regardless of them being capped currently) I really don’t like that they removed holstered talents 

Just in time for the spiffy new exotics to debut in the paid Warlords of New York expansion. You know, if I were a more suspicious man... 

7 hours ago, Dave White said:

Thing with these games as service expansions, they change everything raise levels and makes it nigh on impossible to get back into without sinking a shit load of time in order to kind of qualify to play, everything changes and its all made overly complicated. I gave up on both Destinys because of this kind of thing.

Had a great time with the base game, but same as @Len just cant be arsed. 

Probably a bit unfair that. The game gives you a boost to level 30 WT5 if you didn’t make it in the original and it has a new campaign and map to level from 30 to 40. Everyone has the same starting point again regardless of how much they played the original.

Whether the extra map and half a dozen new story missions is worth the £25 asking price if you are not interesting in end game stuff afterwards is quite another matter but it’s not gated off from those who didn’t grind the original to the nth degree.

13 hours ago, dreamylittledream said:

Probably a bit unfair that. The game gives you a boost to level 30 WT5 if you didn’t make it in the original and it has a new campaign and map to level from 30 to 40. Everyone has the same starting point again regardless of how much they played the original.

Whether the extra map and half a dozen new story missions is worth the £25 asking price if you are not interesting in end game stuff afterwards is quite another matter but it’s not gated off from those who didn’t grind the original to the nth degree.

Didn't know that on the levelling thing, but even so for me I hate the fact that all the goodies you've worked so hard for become obsolete. It kind of ruins the smoke and mirrors with these games. I love the chase and working for something good, but at the end of the day its just colours and numbers, and once that illusion gets ruined, it becomes pointless for me.

• Upvote 3

But they're not just obsolete. I've been using my lvl30 character build in WoNY (with the exception of one piece) while leveling up to lvl34. Eventually they'll all replaced but it's not like they're obsolete the moment there's a level increase.

I remember when The Burning Crusade for WoW came out and the first greens outstripped raid gear by orders of magnitude. Great days.