The Division 2

13 hours ago, Janski said:

Kenly College expeditions are back at tomorrow's reset too. Not the best missions but completing the 3 of them (which have previously been time limited) guarantees the Exotic Diamondback rifle.

You have to do all the parts of each mission in one session, which is annoying because some of them take *ages*. And don't even bother trying to solo them. Each mission has a section when you need to protect 3 things, and the swarms of enemies make is very hard on your own. They're much easier in a team though.

I did it on PS4 and it was a hell of a slog and not a lot of fun. Now on Xbox, I'm probably going to wait until I'm lvl40 to do it to get a max level drop.

Quick tip for any newer players  playing now who are picking up the Warlords expansion. If you pre-order you get a lvl30 boost which if you use on second character gives you a stack of materials (including gear set materials) as well as a big stack of mod blueprints which you can then share with your main. 

14 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

If you pre-order you get a lvl30 boost which if you use on second character gives you a stack of materials (including gear set materials) as well as a big stack of mod blueprints which you can then share with your main. 

Just remember to purchase the share options for each from Inaya at the crafting beach.

18 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

Just remember to purchase the share options for each from Inaya at the crafting beach.

So does this mean you can keep creating new characters boosting and getting more blueprints or are they a curated set?
Also which character do you need to buy the share with, the main or alt?

2 hours ago, ChrisN said:

You have to do all the parts of each mission in one session, which is annoying because some of them take *ages*. And don't even bother trying to solo them. Each mission has a section when you need to protect 3 things, and the swarms of enemies make is very hard on your own. They're much easier in a team though.

It’s doable alone (I managed it), but I’d recommend a turret and drone to help cover.

I didn’t think the missions were that bad but far from the best content in the game.

The exotic rifle isn’t all that great either to be honest

1 hour ago, mechamonkey said:

So does this mean you can keep creating new characters boosting and getting more blueprints or are they a curated set?

Create a second character and play the game until you reach the base of operations and unlock your first skill. Then you can go in to the store (think its called 'Add-ons' or something) menu and boost them to lvl30. Then go to the blueprints lady and buy the share materials and blueprints items. Then switch to your main and go back to the blueprints lady and buy them again and all the materials and blueprints will be brought over.

No idea if you can do a third character although you do get a shit load of stuff so likely not worth it.

1 hour ago, mechamonkey said:

Not sure about the first question but you purchase the share option on the characters you want to share stuff with. So you can share between 2 of your characters but leave another to get their own.

Ah, patch notes for a hotfix that just went live

Patch Notes:

We are implementing a change that will cause the Level 30 Character Boost to only grant materials, caches and credits once per account. The intention of this care package is to give new and returning players a small, one time-boost.

Worth mentioning, you do get some e-credits on your alt which you can't transfer but could use to buy some stuff or whatever..

I was enthusiastic for a decent lever-action, but the Diamondback is the most hideous thing I’ve ever seen. I would encourage anyone who is thinking of grinding for one to check out a picture first. Looks like it was designed by an edge lord 13 year old. 

Question: Will my other character and stash full of Level 30 gear mess up the matchmaking in the Dark Zone if we wanna go in super early on my fresh save? I remember the game looking at all your items and putting you in that category regardless of what you have equipped.

The narrative dissonance in this game is colossal. I really couldn't give a fuck about any of the super po-faced story while wearing my racoon skin hat, checked vest and yellow Boggles goggles.

Also, the hyenas really shouldn't be as accurate as they are while lolloping around with a bad boy limp holding their fucking sub machine guns sideways.

If it wasn't for the Tom Clancy attachment they could probably have some fun with the story and all that. As it is it's incredibly dreary and tedious. It's a good job the gameplay loop is so satisfying.

I just did some level 4 control points with a random dude who answered my distress signal. Yellow elite enemies coming at you from all over the shop, constantly trying to find cover, reviving the NPC helper dudes and mostly running away from the boss. Ridiculously fun and intense. 

Really very excited about the WoNY expansion. Might even spend some time crafting a build. 

@moosegrinder - vintage Run DMC tracksuit, kangol hat and phat gold chain is the only thing you should be wearing when saving the world from deadly virus. 

34 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

You fuckin' knows it.

Two of the guys I play with onTuesdays are welsh and often run round as GLC rapping away :)

I favour a Mr Torgue look on my male character (old pic)

Bma1jCK.jpg