The Division 2

1 hour ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Feel the same. I love the basic gameplay and setting, but everything around it feels bewildering and confusing after spending a few weeks away from it. I get that it's a GaaS/loot shooter but Christ, for a cover shooter it feels needlessly complex and deep. Keeping up with the changes and stats/builds feels more like work than my actual job.

I kind of feel that way at the moment, given how the raid is based around min/maxxing, I'm struggling to stay engaged with it. Trawled through endless sites to get an idea of a decent dps sniper build but it still seems real confusing what I should be going for. The recalibration thing also really confuses me, the rerolling in D1 was far better imo. 

Just started another char now to try out LMG/SMG and break it up a bit because I'm finding WT5 gearing rather tedious atm, no rush anyway since the raid appears to be unbeatable on consoles. 

Plus even if it's impossible even with solid teamwork.... at least you can test your personal build and decide where you think you need to improve, so if they realise "yeah we fucked up" and actually pay better attention to the console equivalent of the raid for aiming. At least you'll have your build ready for then. Ofcourse, I say if.....purely because if the PC players are happy who really cares if console players have to struggle.

Clearly Ubisoft but only for the lack of money. 

But for me I'll just go on the premise of Rome wasn't built in a day

58 minutes ago, Karthirian said:

Here's an interesting question for anyone. Since getting div 2 I keep getting random emails from ubisoft support under the title of "Suspicious Activity" anyone else had this or heard about it happening?

Yeh, I get them when I login in to their sites through my vpn. Was actually quite impressed by that.

7 hours ago, Karthirian said:

Here's an interesting question for anyone. Since getting div 2 I keep getting random emails from ubisoft support under the title of "Suspicious Activity" anyone else had this or heard about it happening?

Sometimes but I use 2 factor authentication so don't worry about it.

Yeah I use the 2 factor thing too, just thought it was weird that it still pops up every now and then. 

Aye that be a bit late as I get up for work at 4am gmt

5 hours of raiding brings back the good old days of mmorpg raiding.....grind....bio.....food...so on and so forth, so looking forward to that....

17 hours ago, Gord said:

They changed the way that works.  You can add better skills but it doesn't change the gear score anymore. I'd save the resources for your 500 gear when you pick it up.

I thought they were stopping gear dropping lower than your maximum (did I imagine that) but getting loads of stuff for the scrapped.

• 1 month later...

The Raid on console difficulty; a complete lack of build diversity; skill build viability; lack of recalibration/crafting over the first game killed it for me. Which is a real shame because I had over 2500 hours in TD1 and this did correct a lot of the things wrong with that.

EDIT: Oh and they stealthily made the Raid even harder with the latest patch!

30 minutes ago, Gord said:

Did this die off then? Not played for ages myself.

Yeah oddly, me and my mates, after hammering it for 200 odd hours each, just stopped playing about a month ago. 

My mates are still plugging away and I still like to drop in and out occasionally but not really played for a while. Like @Hitcher says all those reasons same for me.

I'm hoping for a Div1, 1.8 style resurrection and I'll be back big time.

Dropped it like a stone. Great base game, ruined by pointless, over-complicated stats for everything, and more time spent in menus than the actual game. I wish it was just a shooter, not this deeply boring inventory management job simulator. 

This hadn't been on my radar due to me and the PS4 version not getting along at all, but I picked the first game up on PC and bloody hell it's so much better with mouse and keyboard. How anyone can play with a pad is beyond me. So is this more of the same?

not played for ages either, sorely needing new content and incentive to return, I love these kinds of games but the groundhog day element is all fine and well up to a point but without any new goodies or stat increase its just a rinse and repeat exercise.

Sadly in the same boat. I very much enjoyed my 70 odd hours to WT5 but I just don't care about grinding the endgame with so much of it in flux/unbalance/broken. The PvP stuff really isn't in a good shape and was my main driver to pursuing rewards through other modes. I have a feeling I may be 'done' with Div 2 for some time. However like has been mentioned... once the equivalent of 1.8 drops I'll be ready and willing to give it another try. :) 

I have however just made a jump into Rainbow Six: Siege... only a couple of hours into my journey so far - and a very different type of game - but the hooks are already set pretty deep.

• 2 months later...

Couple of my friends still play religiously but I'm still waiting for the mythical 1.8 rejig as nothing I've seen recently makes me want to return yet. Live in hope they get there eventually.

Was tempted by Breakpoint but the betas really put me off sadly. 

10 hours ago, Gord said:

Anyone still playing? If not what have you moved on to? As the dark nights approach in ready for some online fun.

I only started recently (Uplay+ sub) but really enjoying it. I’m only level 14 though and on PC these days so not sure that cross play thing is up and running yet...

10 hours ago, Len said:

Couple of my friends still play religiously but I'm still waiting for the mythical 1.8 rejig as nothing I've seen recently makes me want to return yet. Live in hope they get there eventually. 

This. I haven’t even hit the high levels yet, but have read a lot of the complaints on the reddit regarding loot and Massive constantly moving goalposts so your build can become irrelevant with no warning. Sounds like the game still has to settle, so I’ll also be seeing if 1.8 helps achieve that.