rllmuk
Capwn

The Division 2

8 hours ago, snowbind said:

Me and my crew did two WT5 +4 Control points last night. Good lord, they were intense. 

We're up to the last Stronghold then had to call it a day. Very, very eager to do it. So much fun on the previous two missions.

25 minutes ago, Hexx said:

How do you make things more than +1?

I jumped from bounty to bounty the other night and had fun, but it ate my target intel so quickly.

Look on the map. There are small red icons indicating enemy activities that have a red line leading to control points. They also have a number next to them indicating how much they will raise the level of the control point they're connected to.

2 hours ago, pinholestar said:

Look on the map. There are small red icons indicating enemy activities that have a red line leading to control points. They also have a number next to them indicating how much they will raise the level of the control point they're connected to.

Oh brilliant! Thank you 

I spent most of the time watching in awe as you worked together as a efficient team.  I hung around the edges pushing the badddies out of cover towards you

• Upvote 2

So WT5 is revealing it's pattern. Daily Hard/Challenging missions. Weekly Invasions etc.

How do you get gear above 500? Is it just by recalibration, or from Hard/Challenging content?

As far as I know, nothing drops over 500. It's only caches and re-calibration that can push you to 515. I could be wrong though. 

• Upvote 1

That was my understanding too @mop though I may be wrong. Couple of mates have bits at 505, 509, etc... but that's all been from recalibration.

I'm sitting at 495 in WT4 at the moment. Won't be on till Sunday night now but will box Tidal Basin and get into 5 soon!

• Upvote 1

I absolutely loved Tidal Basin :wub:

I'm 3 pieces into the TP set....I just want it for the cute little buff icon. I am really starting to see that skill powers are scaling badly though :(

I've maxed out a special spec. I just change to the another one to level it up right (although I start back with no perks etc....might be hard at WT5!)

1 hour ago, Hexx said:

So WT5 is revealing it's pattern. Daily Hard/Challenging missions. Weekly Invasions etc.

How do you get gear above 500? Is it just by recalibration, or from Hard/Challenging content?

Yeah it's only recalibrating that will get your gear above 500. It gives you a preview of what the amended gear score will be on the recalibration screen. Gear score isn't that important though once you've cleared the threshold for the highest level invaded content. I'm mostly decked out in 500 gear but am still rocking a 457 backpack as it has a 34% DTE roll that nothing else has come close to and the full stat bonus can't be transferred to another piece. It's all about the bonuses and talents that a piece has rather than the raw gear score, especially as the armour stat is basically pointless at the moment. People immediately throwing on everything that's the highest gear score aren't really understanding how the stats synergise, I don't think. The gear score system is a bit of a red herring.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, pinholestar said:

People immediately throwing on everything that's the highest gear score aren't really understanding how the stats synergise, 

Hi :bye: 

(Armor is useless?)

• Empathy 1

Yeah, I still use my 440 chatterbox as a 2nd weapon that doesn't ever get used purely for the holstered talent. The result is my gear score is like always 490. I can live with that.

4 minutes ago, Hexx said:

Hi :bye: 

(Armor is useless?)

:P

Yeah effectively it just isn't worth spec'ing for armour as once you're running Challenging level content it will make no appreciable difference to your survivability. The enemies do so much burst damage that if you get caught out of position you're dead either way. Massive have said they're aware of it and are looking at it, so hopefully there'll be an adjustment and an armour/tank build will become viable.

I've got the bits of gear I generally run with for my build (some are sub 490) but have a set of pretty much all 500 gear stuff I put on when opening caches, chests, etc... as I've read that the drop scores is determined/affected by your gear score when opening them.

Also, a mate of mine did a couple of tests on Tidal Basin with friends and found that people going through it with 500 gear score tended to get lots of 500 gear score drops of the green items, whereas those with 480-490 were getting drops similar to that level. As such I'm going to chuck on anything that is 500 and run with that.

If I'm honest I'd say some of the synergising in general just doesn't work quite right even beyond armour. I threw on a totally random set of gear for a while last night and noticed little to no difference between that and something I'd spent more time drawing together. Marcostyle's video has a good look at this and shows how narrow the build window is at the moment in the game. 

Still fun though.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, FiveFootNinja said:

I've got the bits of gear I generally run with for my build (some are sub 490) but have a set of pretty much all 500 gear stuff I put on when opening caches, chests, etc... as I've read that the drop scores is determined/affected by your gear score when opening them.

Also, a mate of mine did a couple of tests on Tidal Basin with friends and found that people going through it with 500 gear score tended to get lots of 500 gear score drops of the green items, whereas those with 480-490 were getting drops similar to that level. As such I'm going to chuck on anything that is 500 and run with that.

My understanding was that you should keep the highest GS item you have for each slot but you don’t actually have to be wearing it for it to affect the level of your drops. It calculates your average level from your inventory and stash items too. How reliable this is I don’t know but I get consistent 500 drops now and my GS of stuff I’m wearing is around 490-something. Anecdotal evidence is a bit shaky as there’s a level of randomness in terms of gear level drops baked into the system. 

Once you reach a certain threshold they should just make everything drop at 500 imo as you’re only chasing stat rolls anyway. Or just do away with gear score altogether as it’s a nebulous system that only confuses people. Just play the game, shoot the bad mans and every so often have a look at what you’ve got.

It does seem to me that weapon damage and damage to elites is pretty much all you need to worry about though. As you say the rest of it doesn’t appear to make a huge difference really.

The Gearscore you 'see' is the average of what you're wearing; the Gearscore you that is used for drops is based on all items wearing, backpack, stash.

• Upvote 1

Interesting, has that been confirmed anywhere?

Found it: https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Faqs/000041507/Information-about-Gear-score-TCTD2

Drops are based on an Agent's peak available (anything in their inventory or stash) Gear Score and not the current loadout power. This means Agents can play with any Equipment combination and still receive relevant drops.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Gord said:

I spent most of the time watching in awe as you worked together as a efficient team.  I hung around the edges pushing the badddies out of cover towards you

:lol:

If only! Can I quote you on that?

1 hour ago, Hitcher said:

The Gearscore you 'see' is the average of what you're wearing; the Gearscore you that is used for drops is based on all items wearing, backpack, stash.

21 minutes ago, FiveFootNinja said:

Interesting, has that been confirmed anywhere?

Found it: https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Faqs/000041507/Information-about-Gear-score-TCTD2

See, that's what i thought @Hitcher and our group was discussing yesterday but like @FiveFootNinja alluded to it really doesn't seem like it it in practice at times. Just have to trust it suppose?!

They said in their update yesterday they changed WT5 so drops would be more random ie you could be 500+ but High End things could drop below your level. They addressed its not been popular and they are looking into changing it. I've found you just end up with even more trash at end game to constantly throw away.

They also said they are looking into why they made the Green gear sets and exotic guns so rubbish. Which all sounds good. They also said they are looking to nerf a bunch of the popular Talents. That on the other hand doesn't sound so good.

I know this won't matter to you end-game players, but as you're levelling to 30, be sure to re-visit the Control Points you've freed - the loot crates (bar the big yellow one) respawn every 24 hours. All of my High End gear has come from those.

Its stress-free loot. Just tonight i got 8 High Ends. All upgrades to my set-up. ^_^ 

• Upvote 1

Hit level 30 today, there was no in game party so bit flat ;)

Really enjoying this esp some of the ‘puzzles’ to get hidden loot or SHD etc, still got plenty of main missions to do and then strongholds so loads of content left after 40 hours - bravo Ubisoft!

• Upvote 1