rllmuk
Capwn

The Division 2

Worse are gold Hyenas holding an uzi sideways. They'll just walk through clips of LMG fire like the Terminator and brap you in the face, despite the sum total of their armour being a bandana and a t-shirt.

• Upvote 3

And a Gas Mask. 

It's the Gas Masks that makes them brap brap boys so bloody bullet proof I'm sure of it. 

I noticed how accurate the hitboxes are last night, you can accurately snipe someone's elbow sticking out from behind a car, or pop a bullet in the top a head poking slightly over cover. Love that.

Worst enemies for me is when it goes all Robot Wars, most of my battles are lost to some twat driving a lawnmover into my legs. Same in Bloodborne, it was always the low level trash fodder like the crows that consistently wrecked me.

• Upvote 1

They really need to add the stagger effect back in for shotguns. I love using them, but it makes no logical sense to do so compared to hunting rifles, which equal the damage (or near as), have far superior range, and can even be hip-fired in close quarters with no drawbacks. If you took out the effect for PVP, then implement something like it not applying if the other player is in cover; you only get to stagger them if they charge you like a kamikaze imbecile. 

19 hours ago, Hitcher said:

Pretty sure it's the same as TD1 where the cache contents are based on the level you were when you got it not when you open it.

You're right, I clicked through and and the cache actually has a level assigned to it. Should have looked earlier. Thanks! 

41 minutes ago, Wahwah* said:

You're right, I clicked through and and the cache actually has a level assigned to it. Should have looked earlier. Thanks! 

It's a game where (at least as far as WT3) you're not ever actually running out of new stuff pouring into your inventory: even if they did up level with you, there'd be almost no point in waiting for them to do so.

• Upvote 1

I definitely struggle with too much to do in this (WT2)

Do I mop up side missions?

Do I try control points?

Do I do Invaded Side Missions (and Strong Holds)?

Do I feed control points and resource hunt?

Do I do Bountie?

Do I do Daily/Weekly Projects?

Do I wanted the city doing events and hunt secrets/keys?

Do I want to spend the night responding to random calls for help and doing whatever randoms have picked?

I think it might just be on the wrong side of too much (for me solo) but you've got to respect the content it launched with

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Hexx said:

Do I try control points?

Do I do Bountie?

Do I want to spend the night responding to random calls for help and doing whatever randoms have picked?

I think it might just be on the wrong side of too much (for me solo) but you've got to respect the content it launched with

Unlike Anthem. :lol:

SO WT2 for our gang (GS 361 for me), one mission down (Space HQ, so much fun) and the others to come at the weekend if we can all get together.

One question, I’m sat on GS 361, WT2 and everything that drops out of a box is max 350. Is that just because I need to get to WT3 before it’ll go up? Yet I have some gear in the 350-70’s already.

1 hour ago, Hexx said:

Do I try control points?

Do I do Bountie?

I think that's a real strength of the game. The huge variety of things you can do and all of them still see you making progress. Perhaps if you're the sort of person who obsesses over 100% completing something that could be an issue but for the rest of us it's a wonderful pick and mix. Admittedly those choices pretty much all boil down to shooting badmen in the face but most games do don't they?

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Len said:

SO WT2 for our gang (GS 361 for me), one mission down (Space HQ, so much fun) and the others to come at the weekend if we can all get together.

One question, I’m sat on GS 361, WT2 and everything that drops out of a box is max 350. Is that just because I need to get to WT3 before it’ll go up? Yet I have some gear in the 350-70’s already.

I believe so

I'm about the same place if you want to do side stuff waiting for your gang :D

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Len said:

You get slightly higher quality gear from missions, then strongholds. And a little bit better than "arbitrary box" from the field promotion caches. But, yes, you're going to be blocked till you do Roosevelt Island.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Hexx said:

I believe so

2 minutes ago, footle said:

You get slightly higher quality gear from missions, then strongholds. And a little bit better than "arbitrary box" from the field promotion caches. But, yes, you're going to be blocked till you do Roosevelt Island.

Thanks both and yes, definitely @Hexx, any time! :)

And there was me thinking it also might have been the running with 450's in the DZ the other day causing the better drops. 

Level 30 get! 

I've made a right mess of the map - hardly done any side missions or collected much shade.  I only unlocked that last two members of the white house on my way to the stronghold.

• Upvote 1

Oh is there a Tidal Basin stronghold? I wish someone at the Base of Operations had warned me.

• Upvote 4

Ready up, Agent!

Tom Clancy's The Division® 2_20190330011740

Tom Clancy's The Division® 2_20190330012121

Tom Clancy's The Division® 2_20190403005349

Lvl 20 now and still absolutely loving exploring DC.

• Upvote 9

4 hours ago, Hitcher said:

The graphics still have me stopping in my tracks.

Agreed. The lighting and weather effects in particular are some of the best I've seen.

• Upvote 1

The lighting is incredible, and it’s amazing how different the missions can feel if you do them at different times of the day or in completely different weather. Also having to move because the sun has dropped low enough in the sky that the glare blinds you, amazing.

However those fucking bladed rc cars can do one, they are cheap as fuck. Also yellow bars that just walk towards you regardless are still as shit as they were in the first game.

• Upvote 1

Yeah this is my one major issue with what is otherwise an exceptional game.

Since I hit WT4 and GS450 and opened up the challenging difficulty tier content I was incredibly disappointed to see that they'd reverted to the very worst aspects of Division 1. Namely elite enemies suddenly gaining 100% accuracy with guns and grenades no matter their proximity to you and their AI behaviour being tuned so that they literally facetank everything you throw at them and just march straight towards you. Spec'ing for armour or running a healing build makes zero appreciable difference as whatever your armour rating is as soon as your head pops out from cover it just gets melted instantly. All those beautifully pitched and frantic emergent battles that the game has thrown up in the most varied environments on your progression through the world tiers to that point get thrown out the window and become a distant memory as your squad ends up inevitably having to leg it back to the entrance and take pop shots when you get a tiny window of opportunity. 

They need to tone down some of the enemy AI sliders from 100% and re-implement the cool behaviour that each individual enemy class exhibits prior to reaching that difficulty tier, because as it stands it's not remotely fun at all. It's doable with a decent squad but it demands an incredibly conservative playstyle that leaves each encounter feeling as if you're cheesing it. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Hexx said:

I believe so

I have side stuff to do too! Only done the side missions that i’ve done with you. :D  not sure what my gear score is, but I know it’s high enough to love from WT 2 to 3 as the stronghold is doable now. 

Just been sucked in to Borderlands but have some annual leave this afternoon and Monday so am sure I can spare some Division 2 time. :wub: 

• Upvote 1