The Division 2

Capwn

54 minutes ago, djbhammer said:

A friend just joined my game and we completed 2 side missions with me as leader. Does the progress show in my friends game too that he completed the same side missions? He looked at his map after and seemed unsure. Cheers.

Should do. There was a bug at launch that meant control points cleared in another person’s game wouldn’t register in your own but they fixed that within a couple of days.

How have they managed to make the skills worse in this?

I’m not sure if there are still bugs, but sometimes the air burst seeker goes to attack the enemy, sometimes it doesn’t, sometimes I still have the little indicator on the ground telling me where it will go when the seeker isn’t there any more...

It just seems to be a mess. And even when it does explode where I tell it to, 9 times out of 10, the enemy has moved out of the blast radius because they move too quick. It’s exactly the same with the riot foam- even if I do get lucky and the guy is still standing there by the time it hits him, it just seems random whether it actually effects him or not. But then he breaks out by the time I’ve switched back to my normal gun anyway?

Maybe I’m just being unlucky with the skills I choose to unlock, but so far none of them actually feel satisfying to use at all, and they’re incredibly unreliable.

33 minutes ago, Retroguy said:

How have they managed to make the skills worse in this?

I’m not sure if there are still bugs, but sometimes the air burst seeker goes to attack the enemy, sometimes it doesn’t, sometimes I still have the little indicator on the ground telling me where it will go when the seeker isn’t there any more...

It just seems to be a mess. And even when it does explode where I tell it to, 9 times out of 10, the enemy has moved out of the blast radius because they move too quick. It’s exactly the same with the riot foam- even if I do get lucky and the guy is still standing there by the time it hits him, it just seems random whether it actually effects him or not. But then he breaks out by the time I’ve switched back to my normal gun anyway?

Maybe I’m just being unlucky with the skills I choose to unlock, but so far none of them actually feel satisfying to use at all, and they’re incredibly unreliable.

Make sure you’ve switched off ‘Cancel skill when aiming’ in the control options. Could well be why their activation feels erratic.

8 hours ago, Retroguy said:

Just tried searching for it and it’s not coming up :/ 

I’ve set up one called Motherllmukers if anyone wants to join, or I’ll decamp and join another one if anyone sets a different one up.

Sorry mate, due to a lack of interest I joined another clan so had to disband the original, will amend my original post.

I also reached Endgame last night. 

I rushed the final part because I was getting a bit fed up with the gear swapping , but it turns out that the end game is like Destiny, increase your gear score by... constantly swapping gear.

That being said I'm really enjoying it and as posted above it looks like a whole new game is starting, and from my brief glimpse the difficulty has ramped up a bit. Which I'm glad about as I'm finding it a little on the easy side up to thirty. I Solo'd capitol hill with no problems except for one re-spawn on the final boss. And doing the other two with Scruff was really too easy.

The main problem was I was doing the second to last Stronghold with Scruff and he hit a bug that completely stops him continuing to the last one which is apparently effecting a load of people.

I've gone sharp shooter and the 50 cal looks great!

Absolutely loving this game :wub:

I'm pretty much playing it solo as despite having a number of mates playing it, many of them have hit endgame already and I'm actually enjoying savouring the experience on my own without getting drawn into rushing through levels that people have already done.

Up to level 12 now (only 4 main missions and 1 side mission in) and planned to do some more progression yesterday... however I ended up spending about 6 hours just pottering around doing some projects, taking control points, helping out with some resource stuff, taking supply drops and completing some challenges/achievements. I just "never got round to it" when it came to missions :) Have now unlocked the right hand side of the map and ventured a little further west (bit scary at my level!).

Much preferring the PvE play over the first one, well done Massive. :sealclap:

10 minutes ago, Pob said:

How many main missions are there? Would simply going through the main missions with the occasional side stuff to get your level up be enough to take you to lvl 30?

I don't think so. I'm only level 15, and I've "had" to do some side stuff to be at the appropriate level for next main mission

15 minutes ago, Pob said:

How many main missions are there? Would simply going through the main missions with the occasional side stuff to get your level up be enough to take you to lvl 30?

No, you'll need to do a fair amount of other activities and side missions.

Anyone play the Pokemon Go style AR Facebook Messenger game for this? Stumbled across it last night and although the rewards are fairly throw away (just some cosmetic stuff I probably won't use) they have done the whole "ECHO" experience really well!

Found this ECHO next to my desk in the office this morning :)

IMG_7287.PNG

Truth be told, once you get past the well designed elements (it ties really nicely into the "Division Works"), it's a bit clunky. Fun enough for an "ooooh look at this cool marketing thing" with colleagues but once I've got enough ECHOs to unlock the extra bits I really don't think I'll be trawling through it all. A fun diversion during work though! :) 

9 hours ago, Len said:

May be of interest to some, I think the sound is amazing in it personally.

Not been able to play since Sunday, getting withdrawal symptoms! :(

hey @Len ive just got back on and have been left far behind, lets buddy up when youre free. Is that a cough and flu symptoms I hear??

2 hours ago, Dave White said:

hey @Len ive just got back on and have been left far behind, lets buddy up when youre free. Is that a cough and flu symptoms I hear??

Give me a nudge if your about if you aren't too far ahead.

I'm just about to get the clans I think / hope so level 8 / 9ish I think.

3 hours ago, Dave White said:

Haha, definitely!

Also, related to that sound post. When I was out and about in-game last week I heard a toad ribbit and was like why do I recognise that? Then remembered it is exactly the same as what we'd hear at night at my friends house just over the river from DC in Virginia. Small details ftw! :)

Nice summary of the control point supply system that was baffling me a fair bit as it's not explained anywhere in the game as far as I can see. I didn't even realise the supply rooms restocked.

I really shouldn't be bothered with all this stuff seeing as its taken me nearly a week to get to lvl 9 but I tend to get sidetracked easily. 

2 hours ago, Len said:

Haha, definitely!

Also, related to that sound post. When I was out and about in-game last week I heard a toad ribbit and was like why do I recognise that? Then remembered it is exactly the same as what we'd hear at night at my friends house just over the river from DC in Virginia. Small details ftw! :)

superb!!

I saw a fox