rllmuk
Capwn

The Division 2

2 hours ago, metallicfrodo said:

Surely that’s part of the story?

I guess, it’s back story stuff - no idea what the actual story is other than shit went down and I’m a freedom fighter wrecking stuff!

• Upvote 1

Division 1 and 2 - for me - are just simply about building a hard character to go be a vigilante taking the fight back to a set of largely comic book style gangs of villains with my mates. During which my fight for good has all the conceit of other such good vs bad games whereby in the process of cleaning up NYC (and now DC) for the 'common man' I've murdered close to 20,000 people (and will probably murder 20,000 more) and am lorded as a hero by people I meet.

It's an action RPG/shooter with a focus on mechanics, set against a back-drop of a trope filled post apocalyptic America with some interesting scenes and set pieces. I really don't think any of the plot has ever been worthy of detailed critique, and comments like the below from the EG review just seem silly to me...

"From start to finish, The Division 2 pulls in these bits of American history with unwavering earnesty and yet manages to say absolutely nothing. Worse, it goes out of its way to say nothing."

I would rather it say nothing. Any point worth making (especially something about gun ownership) is not worth making while lacing 200 rounds of assault rifle bullets into an elite medic's head and doing a dance emote over his corpse while celebrating which gear item I got gave me 4 more points of armour.

As others have said, there are other games (and medium in general) for that which can do it much better justice.

• Upvote 6

I seem to be utterly awful at this, although I suspect I might have just realised why. I've reached level 6 but I've only played through one main mission, and it looks like those are what give you your main skill upgrades. :facepalm:

I also think I've made a mistake getting the Xbox One version bearing in mind where the rest of you are playing.

The Eurogamer reviewer must have missed the subtle clue about the direction of the story in this game, ie the big TOM CLANCY on the cover. 

• Upvote 1

Do the question mark activities reappear/regenerate?  I've been clearing some of them around the white house, but a few more have appeared.  Does that continually happen or can you clear a zone? 

Also, what's the deal with enemy controlled areas?  I cleared one of them, but am I supposed to set off a flare of some sort to indicate that it's now safe?  It says there should be some supplies offered after clearing the zone but it's showing as cleared I think (white flag instead of red) but nothing else happened and I can't see any crates in the area containing supplies.

2 minutes ago, davejm said:

Do the question mark activities reappear/regenerate?  I've been clearing some of them around the white house, but a few more have appeared.  Does that continually happen or can you clear a zone? 

Also, what's the deal with enemy controlled areas?  I cleared one of them, but am I supposed to set off a flare of some sort to indicate that it's now safe?  It says there should be some supplies offered after clearing the zone but it's showing as cleared I think (white flag instead of red) but nothing else happened and I can't see any crates in the area containing supplies.

I think more are added - whether they are added forever, or just as campaign progresses you can't say.

You've cleared the control point, but you don't "control it". You need to fire flare (if you didn't already to help you attack it) and defend it from enemies. 

Then you'll take control and the store room (with resources) will unlock

17 hours ago, Retroguy said:

Anyone started an Xbox clan?

16 hours ago, footle said:

Any Xbox clan? 

Solo is very hard...

15 hours ago, Hitcher said:

The Ronin - not official muk clan but no-one else seems to have made one.

I could happily make one when i get home tonight (i can do it on the xbox dash right?) If no one else has. Theres certainly a few here who have requested one.

5 hours ago, Rikku said:

Every time I try and go in to the clan screen it crashes the game, definitely borked!

Ran around with Hexx for a little bit last night, really good fun. One mission that we did is still super confusing. It was a blue question mark relating to someone called Andrews. If someone would care to spoil what the hell happened, I would be super grateful. Subtitles had turned themselves off! 

Oh that was...

Spoiler

..the return of the Hunters! Scary super 'agents' who were in Div 1 and are absolutely terrifyingly hard to kill and will pursue you like nothing else. So basically one had done nasty things to Edward's, strung him up and suckered you into taking a look with his transponder. It seemed like to me he took a good look at you then buggered off. They will no doubt make a reappearance at a later date when you least expect it. They are great but terrifying in equal measure. 

https://thedivision.fandom.com/wiki/Hunters

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Dave White said:

I don't know I go away for the w eekend happy with my level 13 ahead of the curve, and return to find @Lyrical Donut @Nate Dogg III and the likes are near the blooming end game! . Have my mum down but will be on around 10 pm for a bit if any Old Gits fancy a mission.

Don't worry, my lovely wife is back so my progress to 30 will now take an age. You'll be up and past me in no time.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hexx said:

I think more are added - whether they are added forever, or just as campaign progresses you can't say.

You've cleared the control point, but you don't "control it". You need to fire flare (if you didn't already to help you attack it) and defend it from enemies. 

Then you'll take control and the store room (with resources) will unlock

Ah OK, I could see the option to press X but it was disabled with 'no support available' or some such; so I couldn't actually do anything else.  Does it only trigger if there are NPC folk patrolling in the area?

1 hour ago, Len said:

Oh that was...

Hide contents

..the return of the Hunters! Scary super 'agents' who were in Div 1 and are absolutely terrifyingly hard to kill and will pursue you like nothing else. So basically one had done nasty things to Edward's, strung him up and suckered you into taking a look with his transponder. It seemed like to me he took a good look at you then buggered off. They will no doubt make a reappearance at a later date when you least expect it. They are great but terrifying in equal measure. 

https://thedivision.fandom.com/wiki/Hunters

AH cool

Yeah he spooked us. Then shot us a bit/disrupted us - then we both got electrical stunned. Due to party chat the voice in game was quite quiet and subtitles borked...he seemed to say something like "I've seen them not I'll bugger off" - nice to have confirmed

• Upvote 1

Ignore below :- clan disbanded 

——————-//////-

I have an Xbox clan going its :-

Trok Burns

Just me and my brother (Shaky Burn)at the moment.... feel free to join and I will approve you and add you so you can invite your friends. 

Your welcome to play with us but if you just want to play on your own or with your own friends that’s fine. I believe we all benefit from the shared spoils?

An added benefit of being in a clan is that the text above a clan member is in yellow so stands out if you are playing coop with a friend.

5 minutes ago, Dave White said:

So if you want to buddy up with someone above your level. You scale right???

Yes, but while your attack seems to scale without issue, your armour doesn't... 

Yeah the level scaling is a bit wonky in that regard. I’ve found it fine if you’re within a few levels of each other but I got matchmade into a party where one guy was lv25 and the rest of us were about 14 or 15 and all the lower levels were getting one-shotted by enemies. The Lv25 left/rage quit and all of a sudden the rest of us could take a reasonable amount of damage and had little difficulty in completing the mission. May have just been a one-off bug but I’ve heard others say they’ve had a similar experience and I’m pretty sure the armour isn’t scaling properly at the moment.

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Danster said:

Yes, but while your attack seems to scale without issue, your armour doesn't... 

7 minutes ago, pinholestar said:

Yeah the level scaling is a bit wonky in that regard. I’ve found it fine if you’re within a few levels of each other but I got matchmade into a party where one guy was lv25 and the rest of us were about 14 or 15 and all the lower levels were getting one-shotted by enemies. The Lv25 left/rage quit and all of a sudden the rest of us could take a reasonable amount of damage and had little difficulty in completing the mission. May have just been a one-off bug but I’ve heard others say they’ve had a similar experience and I’m pretty sure the armour isn’t scaling properly at the moment.

Ah ok, thanks for that makes it clear, cheers

Is thee a laptop in the White House anywhere that reveals all the stuff in its zone, li,e the ones in the safe houses?

4 hours ago, Trokie said:

I have an Xbox clan going its :-

Trok Burns

Just me and my brother (Shaky Burn)at the moment.... feel free to join and I will approve you and add you so you can invite your friends. 

Your welcome to play with us but if you just want to play on your own or with your own friends that’s fine. I believe we all benefit from the shared spoils?

An added benefit of being in a clan is that the text above a clan member is in yellow so stands out if you are playing coop with a friend.

Just tried searching for it and it’s not coming up :/ 

I’ve set up one called Motherllmukers if anyone wants to join, or I’ll decamp and join another one if anyone sets a different one up.

1 hour ago, Harsin said:

Is thee a laptop in the White House anywhere that reveals all the stuff in its zone, li,e the ones in the safe houses?

No but there are 4 or 5 hidden SHD tech caches in the area so it’s well worth having a good hunt around. There are special weapon dyes too that can be found in crates hanging in trees dotted around the map. One of them’s south of the White House but I haven’t found any others yet.