rllmuk
Capwn

The Division 2

18 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

According to Ubisoft's earnings report it looks like this will release March 2019 - the 3rd anniversary of The Division.

Seemed to work well for them before, but it was a shame to miss Christmas for such a wintry game. One of my favourite memories of the first game was playing Survival the Christmas after the original release. All lights off except fairy lights, freezing cold outside, wrapped up warm inside, playing a game set in a blizzard during a fucked-up Christmas.

Who knows when D2 will be set, though.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

According to Ubisoft's earnings report it looks like this will release March 2019 - the 3rd anniversary of The Division.

Same month as Anthem? You have to wonder why these companies all pretend that it'll turn up at the end of their Q4, until you realise their earnings forecasts depend on it.

9 minutes ago, Len said:

Exciting! So which Internet sleuths have sussed out the location by that pic then?

I can tell you that it's definitely not NY, which is why I included that question in the E3 quiz. :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Vemsie said:

I can tell you that it's definitely not NY, which is why I included that question in the E3 quiz. :)

Please don't be DC! Chicago would work or or maybe West coast, San Fran I suppose? I look forward to finding out. 

4 minutes ago, Len said:

Chicago would work or or maybe West coast, San Fran I suppose?

Both of these seem unlikely as they've been used for Watch Dogs.

I'm not too familiar with US cities, but my guess would be Seattle. Seems like somewhere that could conceivably be locked down and gives them some options in terms of weather.

• Upvote 1

Can't wait for more Division, the original is my favourite new series this gen and now Ubi have found their way with it, the sequel should be great from the 1.0 release. The tone, setting, structure and gunplay pushed a lot of buttons for me, really looking forward to seeing where the sequel is set (DC surely?) and how they progress from the original. I'd be happy if they kept NYC and just opened it up to NJ and Brooklyn - imagine the weird sights in Coney Island.

• Upvote 1

Yeh, that's defo DC then. Aah well, sure it'll be ace. Look forward to fighting up the Mall and being based in Union Station (which is an amazing building).

I greatly enjoyed the first one, and the idea being US Civil War II is quite funny to me, GB were getting quite upset with it.

It seems like there'll be two different factions with agents on both sides, maybe with some territory control stuff?

I thought they might do a 6-months later / sweltering summer setting. It does look like simply a new map for the existing game, though. I was hoping to see some new gameplay possibilities. I assume we’ll see a lot more at the Ubi conference tonight. 

Still, I loved The Division 1 so I’ll definitely be up for this. 

Looked a bit more like an expansion than a full blown sequel. 

The best bit of the first division was the Survival expansion, so I hope there's something similar to that in the new one. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Orko said:

The best bit of the first division was the Survival expansion, so I hope there's something similar to that in the new one. 

Met too, though it didn't seem to get much traction. People seem to moan when DLC is simply a new 'mode'. They all want story and cutscenes (snore).

• Upvote 1

I liked the original enough for a while, but this looks too much like more of the same in a worse setting. Nuclear winter New York was amazing. Sunny Washington less so. 

If noone had told me, watching the gameplay video I would have thought it was DLC for The Division 1.

I like The Division a lot, so more of the same is fine, but they shouldn't expect a different market reaction if they just release what they did in the first game.

1 hour ago, tyagi said:

but they shouldn't expect a different market reaction if they just release what they did in the first game.

The 1st is their biggest selling new IP, I'm sure they'll be happy if it matches that. :p

• Upvote 1