Capwn

The Division 2

4 hours ago, Deeptone said:

After playing this for about 60 hours, it seems I've just finished the tutorial.

I'm glad you posted this because I've played it for a few hours as a newcomer to the series and I'm level 8 now though haven't found any of it that engaging (this may have been further impacted by the prospect of borderlands 3). Will try and put some more time into it

• Upvote 1

Decided to suck it up and just go to WT5 solo last night. I was a little surprised how easy it was (but I'm a bit OP in fairness) so now in WT5 endgame with a lot of stuff to do on my map again.

My OCD is happy though as I have now got 100% in bounties, side missions, main missions and projects. Just a niggly 92% in BT Invasion which (I believe) is bugged... :doh:

One question... my crafting bench is up to 480 now but with no further upgrades... is that the max, or have I hit the upgrade bug mentioned by a few people?

No, That's where it tops out and you can't re-calibrate what you craft so crafting, to me anyways, is kinda useless.

Sure I've seen people craft up to 500. One Youtuber I watched showed how to craft a Chatterbox at 500. Maybe it's only Exotics?

Jumped in to a challenging bounty last night with some randos and holy fuck are they rough. The bosses themselves are straightforward but the mobs seem to be so much more aggressive and random than on a mission. 

Did it with a couple of 500+ dudes, one of whom kindly dropped some of his loot for me so I have shot up to 497 in just a couple of days. 

Need to start thinking about builds now and that terrifies me. 

Re: Crafting... hmm I'll do some research. Crafted a Police M4 at 475 last night which is okay but the top end damage is still under my stabilised G36 (497) will give both a whirl and see how I feel about it (I'm partial to the feel of an M4).

Re: Challenging Bounties... I know what you mean! I was working on one without realising it was challenging solo yesterday and was a bit "why the hell is this thing so hard" and then realised the difficulty. Very annoying as on the first run I had a great position but got the good old "mob exit from a door behind you" reinforcement, and the second time I had just the final of the two named bosses left to go (but had only pistol ammo left) and my hive reviver bugged after a sniper turret death  :quote:

Like you @KartoffelKopf I need to start thinking about a build. I'm not convinced by the new green gear sets to be honest so I think I'm potentially going to go back to my original pre-launch plan (in fact just a copy of my Div 1 main build) and making a critical hit chance/damage monster with D&H, Wyvern, etc... parts.

I feel like the lack of an optimisation station is a bit of a barrier here too, with only being able to change one attribute of the gear I can already see myself getting annoyed if I get the right piece with the right attributes on it, but not being able to increase the stats of it up enough to keep. Hope they address this, I thought the old gear system of find, tune, optimise (barring a bit of balancing issues) was a good way to promote the grind but with reasonable routes to "finish" a build idea.

... that said the main reason I used to do that was to perfect my PvP build which - to be honest - I'm not sure I care about in this one given the current state of affairs with the PvP. I may just run the Invaded set again and then take a break until the raids/new content.

The big meta on builds at the moment is synergy between the talents on your gear/weapons. Look out for anything that drops with these and stick them in your stash now. You can put them on your better gear later.

Body armour - Unstoppable Force, Bezerk

Backpack - On the Ropes, Safeguard

Gloves - Compensated

Kneepads - Patience

All those are very handy. As is Damage to Elites and Headshot damage. Build for DPS, don't worry about health. Green gear is currently rubbish, ignore it. On guns look for Optimist, Unhinged is also nasty on LMG's. Rifle builds tend to lean more to loads of Headshot damage. I'd watch a few of the popular build videos on YouTube and try and put as many of the bits as you can together. You maybe missing the right gloves or kneepads or whatnot but keep an eye on loot as it drops and build them as you can. 

• Upvote 1

I’ve got a nice blend of talents going as far as grenades are concerned. Have incendiary ones for which I have two talents (in that I can cook them before throwing, so enemies don’t have a chance to flee. Also, a talent that increases the explosion radius by 150% and gives a grenade back if that alone kills an enemy.) Add to that a couple of ‘extra 15% damage to burning enemies’ on weapons and my pyromaniac tendencies are well served. :D

• Upvote 1

I've mentioned it before but this game is screeeeeaming out for a full API so some clever dick can build a Division version of DIM. It would be a complete game changer for me (as it was in Destiny) to be able to see if I have any of those perks and talents whilst I'm having a poo or eating my lunch, or both! It would keep people invested in the game whilst they were away from it and I'd probably get about another 3 or 4 hours a week of actually playing the game instead of sorting my gear. 

Anyway, what is everyone doing for the Raid? Are people looking for teams?

• Upvote 3

LF7M for Raid. Must be 600 gear score. Must have every exotic including ones that aren’t available yet. Must wear a Hunter Mask in bed. Must have climbed the Washington Monument free solo. Must have completed Tidal Basin on Heroic difficulty using guitar controller. P.S. I’ve never done the raid but have watched some YouTube videos so know what I’m doing.

Seems like we have quite a healthy clan playerbase so I’m sure we could get a group of 8 together for the raid. Any idea when it’s released?

• Upvote 1

Yeah I’m up for it! 

Havent been on for a few few days because of other commitments but will be looking to finish Tidal Basin tonight so I can unlock WT5 and start getting raid ready (whatever that means in this game!). 

Disappointingly, this gets more shonky with every patch. I’m now getting doors which open to areas of total blackness (which I can go inside but can’t see anything in), and enemies spawning in areas which can’t be reached, meaning missions have to be abandoned halfway through.

Well, seeing as how you can easily respec every speciality, I invested in the pistol just to see if it’s as bad as folk have been saying. Bear in mind I’m only WT1, but the D50 I’ve unlocked is quite nice. Higher damage than a diceros, and has a real ‘hand cannon’ feel to it. So if you’re at my level, it’s good fun. Baffles me that Massive haven’t provided a blueprint so you can rebuild it for higher tiers, though. 

2 hours ago, berties paw said:

Aye, think I'm WT3 around 365 GS just now. Few decent sessions should have me boosted a bit. You get a few bits at 490ish and it jumps you right up. 

Shout when you get to WT5. We can run a few bits and I can drop you some of my loot. Getting a few bits at 490ish will jump you right up. 

This weeks SOTG...

We won't see the Raid until May.

515gs item drops will appear in the DZ.

Also a large scale rebalancing of talents coming (will look for a written list/graphic later).

And re-specing NPC/Mob damage and HP.

The constant reiteration was "alignment" rather than nerf, but it certainly sounds like they are down speccing DPS but not really changing skills.

• Upvote 1

Ah this is the NPC damage rebalance they mentioned, thought that was coming post PTS.

Definitely needs it I think... I attempted another double challenging bounty solo last night and got annoyed once again by the old "Gold Hyena boss just walking towards constantly you spamming a sideways held gun while ignoring getting hit with two full clips of AR bullets in the face" thing.

It got to the point where if I left cover I died almost immediately (and cover was sparse so relocation was difficult), and if I stayed in cover they would do the above terminator walk and I'd again die almost immediately. Managed to take out 15 mobs and one of the bosses before the last one got me while revive was on cooldown but it annoyed me enough to quit the game after respawning. Night and day different to doing the hard missions solo earlier in the evening.

I haven't had the balls to try an Heroic mission yet either solo or as a team. Did Tidal Basin on Challenge last night and it was hideous, think it would be unbearable on Heroic. Are the rewards that much better? If you only get 1 extra boss drop at sub 500 anyway then what's the point of putting yourself through it?

Nope you just get more of the same rewards. So the question is do you want to go through that for a few more pairs of 495 gloves.

I think they’re making a big mistake trying to force people into the Dark Zones, they did that with the first game and it’s partially what led to the massive exodus of players. I suspect it’s an order from up above as some exec is disappointed with streaming numbers and we all know that Twitch viewers is seen to be the ultimate arbiter of a game’s success for some reason.

26 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

I haven't had the balls to try an Heroic mission yet either solo or as a team. Did Tidal Basin on Challenge last night and it was hideous, think it would be unbearable on Heroic. Are the rewards that much better? If you only get 1 extra boss drop at sub 500 anyway then what's the point of putting yourself through it?

The challenge drops as you get a decent build, but it's never a work in the park. Hard Mode is pretty easy for me now, and Heroic is tense to the end.

You "only" get more drops of the same (you get more xp/money/materials) level - but that helps if you trying to get better stats/perks on gear (which is more important that level)

Tempted to give this a break for a couple of months until things settle down. I know some people love staring at stats, but I’m not one of them - especially when any build I come up with could be useless within a week due to Massive’s perpetual tweaking. It’s good that they’re trying to find the right balance, and responding to player feedback, but the end result is a nightmare for someone who barely grasps these systems in the first place. 

• Upvote 2

Fun fact: I'm never going into the Dark Zone again. That place is a fucking sewer.

I think it had promise once upon a time with the whole uneasy alliances thing, now it's just rogues running around trying to screw everyone else over for funsies. Not my scene.

I’m at WT5 and still totally confused by all the stuff on the map and in my inventory to be honest. 

The game does nothing to guide you through the process of beginning to tailor specific builds (aside from a brief pop up menu talking about builds, but never actually explaining what the fuck you should actually be doing to achieve these). 

I often log in to the game and sit for a few minutes trying to figure out what exactly I should be doing next. It’s great that there is seemingly so much here but I wonder now how much of it is actually worth spending time on (especially considering the posts above) or how deep it really goes. 

Sad to see the raid delay as well, that felt like something to work towards but now it doesn’t even have a specific date.