Capwn

The Division 2

On 11/06/2018 at 08:28, Orko said:

Looked a bit more like an expansion than a full blown sequel.

On 12/06/2018 at 08:05, Orko said:

I liked the original enough for a while, but this looks too much like more of the same in a worse setting. Nuclear winter New York was amazing. Sunny Washington less so. 

On 12/06/2018 at 08:22, tyagi said:

If noone had told me, watching the gameplay video I would have thought it was DLC for The Division 1.

• Upvote 1

That looks bloody ace.

I somehow managed to triple dip on this last time round as bought on pc, got level 30 and put it down. Then bought an xbox one so bought again to play with mates. Sold the xbox one. Then finally all my other friends piled in on ps4 when it went cheap so bought and played it to death on that. Ridiculous.

So ps4 and maybe pc this time round. Be nice if you could cross transfer your characters at least.

I remember people saying they were willing to pay for increased stash space in TD1 so I guess they got what they wanted. To be honest if this helps keep all the DLCs free for everyone I don't mind it. People have a choice not to buy these things and this isn't going to make one player better than another.

So anyone pre-ordered this yet? I'm tempted to go digital with this (never do normally) as if I play it anywhere near as much as the original will be worth it and not likely to sell on any time soon. What do all the different editions entail, looks like just gear sets and some extra space so far. Oh and access to the beta I suppose.

6 minutes ago, Len said:

So anyone pre-ordered this yet? I'm tempted to go digital with this (never do normally) as if I play it anywhere near as much as the original will be worth it and not likely to sell on any time soon. What do all the different editions entail, looks like just gear sets and some extra space so far. Oh and access to the beta I suppose.

I pre-ordered this just to get into the beta. Thanks Amazon! 

• Upvote 1

On 09/03/2018 at 20:05, Len said:

God I hope not, that place is hardly as iconic as NYC apart from a couple of areas. I'll still play it though obviously. I'd like them to expand further up in to Manhattan and out in to the five boroughs so Queens and Brooklyn (where we started) at least.

Having lived there for a few years I can wholeheartedly disagree. The area down by the monument is kind of bland and open but up in DuPont Circle, U Street, and 14th St corridor is gorgeous, tightly packed narrow streets with parks and back alleys and all sorts. The downtown is just bland corporate corridors though. 

• Upvote 1

I really like The Division #1, but for some reason I just don't care about #2. Hearing about the micro-transaction layering and from what I can tell it's pretty much the same engine and gameplay just in a different environment. So unless the game modes in #2 are somehow amazing, I'm sceptical.

If it was exactly the same engine and gameplay in a different city I'd still buy it because there's just something special about The Division that other games just don't have.

• Upvote 3

I completely agree. I love the type of game The Division is. At the moment, #2 looks like it should have been DLC for #1, but they released it as a new game because they wanted to re-structure it around micro-transactions. Maybe I'm reading it completely wrong. I hope I am. I'm just so cynical about big releases this year because 2018 was a complete shitshow.

I loved what I played of The Division (only did the single player stuff) but a big part of the appeal for me was the snowy Christmas theme. This just doesn't look half as appealing to explore without that.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, I love The Division's snowy Manhattan. I really like the look of 2 though, with more The Last of Us-esque overgrowth and ruin. Any news on the beta? I'm hoping end of Jan as that's when the first game beta happened.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, SteveH said:

I loved what I played of The Division (only did the single player stuff) but a big part of the appeal for me was the snowy Christmas theme. This just doesn't look half as appealing to explore without that.

I sort of agree but muggy, swampy DC could get kind of interesting. I've definitely come round to it.

On 21 August 2018 at 14:04, Hitcher said:

TCTD2_Screenshot_WhiteHouse_GC_180821_93

TCTD2_Screenshot_ParkFight_GC_180821_930

TCTD2_Screenshot_Park_GC_180821_930am_CE

TCTD2_Screenshot_OvergrowthBus_GC_180821

TCTD2_Screenshot_OctagonNight_GC_180821_

TCTD2_Screenshot_MovieMoment_GC_180821_9

TCTD2_Screenshot_Interior3_GC_180821_930

TCTD2_Screenshot_Interior2_GC_180821_930

TCTD2_Screenshot_Interior1_GC_180821_930

TCTD2_Screenshot_Commercial_Street_GC_18

TCTD2_Screenshot_Ambush_GC_180821_930am_

Looking stunning.

It's eerie how they've managed to capture Washington in about four months time.

• Upvote 6

So I want to play this. I love the setting and the gameplay style. However...

Have any of you played the Division 1 as a brand new character at all recently? Back at launch I found it hard to play but doable. Every other time I've tried to play I've found even the easiest missions almost impossible (Like the three you do to unlock the base basics.). Co-oping doesn't help. All that does is produce a level that's vastly more difficult and frustrates four people simultaneously instead of one :)

I'm just worried 2 will be as bad. I don't suck at games much either. I genuinely feel something broke in the first game and nobody noticed. Most likely down to a lack of new players.

• Empathy 1

Really? That sounds odd to me but I haven't started a new character in a long time so difficult  to comment. I do have two mains and two others I kicked off but never progressed due to not enough time to do.

What seem to be the main issues? I assume you're using all your skills correctly and what not? Are you swapping all your weapons and gear for better gear asap at the start? Did you get to level 30 and the endgame first time round? I would say it sounds like you're on too high a world tier but that doesn't kick in to level 30.