Capwn

The Division 2 - Sekiro is out this friday

Think it’s 12. It was 12 for the other editions on Xbox on Monday/Tuesday night even though the Ubi graphic said 11pm.

EDIT: 11pm is the PC/UPlay time, 12am for consoles...

3509269-screen+shot+2019-03-08+at+11.32.

I won’t be on unfortunately. 2 hours in and the download is about 40% :(

8 hours ago, Curtis said:

Sounds sublime! :wub:

Are you playing on PS4? If so we should team up this weekend. Same goes for anyone else not too early-adopter, over-levelled. 

I've decided I'm picking this up today for the PS4.  Going to trade in Dirt Rally and God Eater 3.  I have never played Division so not really sure what to expect. But I will be around this weekend!

Just popped you a friend request @pinholestar

Anyone noticed problems with the ambient audio? There’s a big thread on Reddit about it. Sometimes as you’re walking around the game just seems totally silent, and other times ambient noises like birds etc randomly kick in. I think someone said that the mix is currently way off, as in a silent area they turned their volume way up to the point where a gunshot would’ve deafened them and could hear the ambient noises then. See also thunder and rain sounds not playing together during a storm. 

Hopefully will be resolved soon as it’s making me hold off on a purchase. DC needs all the atmosphere it can get. 

I know I'm getting on and my eyesight is pretty bad but christ, those font sizes are unreadable (55" TV too), I know you can bump up the subtitles etc but its really hard to read the pop up info boxes that you cant seem to resize

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, mechamonkey said:

I know I'm getting on and my eyesight is pretty bad but christ, those font sizes are unreadable (55" TV too), I know you can bump up the subtitles etc but its really hard to read the pop up info boxes that you cant seem to resize

Yep, I’m constantly having to use the system-level accessibility zoom function in the console’s OS to read anything. Mind you, I do sit about 13ft from a 40” 1080p screen.

1 minute ago, jonamok said:

Yep, I’m constantly having to use the system-level accessibility zoom function in the console’s OS to read anything. Mind you, I do sit about 13ft from a 40” 1080p screen.

How do you do that? I think I need it :(

3 hours ago, Garibaldi said:

Anyone noticed problems with the ambient audio? There’s a big thread on Reddit about it. Sometimes as you’re walking around the game just seems totally silent, and other times ambient noises like birds etc randomly kick in. I think someone said that the mix is currently way off, as in a silent area they turned their volume way up to the point where a gunshot would’ve deafened them and could hear the ambient noises then. See also thunder and rain sounds not playing together during a storm. 

Hopefully will be resolved soon as it’s making me hold off on a purchase. DC needs all the atmosphere it can get. 

This is my only real gripe with the game so far. Something’s definitely off in the ambient audio mix and the reverb levels aren’t tuned properly in places either. I’m pretty sure the ambient music doesn’t play as frequently as it should either when in free-roam. Should be an easy enough thing for them to fix though.

I somehow lost over 10 hours to this yesterday. One of those cases when you look up at the clock and realise that dawn will be breaking soon. :unsure:  Sadly my girlfriend’s away in France for the next week visiting her family so I’ll have to entertain myself somehow...

I’m only level 7 and haven’t even cleared the first two areas outside the Base of Operations yet as there’s so much to do and exploring every single nook and cranny nearly always rewards some juicy loot. It’s hiding everywhere.

The wealth of side missions are just as good as the main ones and I’ve been really impressed with the AI too. Playing some of the missions solo has been a really satisfying challenge as enemies will aggressively flank you and you’re really required to use your skills to give you a step-up against the shielded mini-bosses. Bastards even heal themselves sometimes if you don’t pressure them enough and some of the combat arenas and especially the fights that spontaneously break out in the wide-open intersections force you to be constantly aware of your surroundings and use cover appropriately. There’s some fantastic level design going on and combined with the faster time-to-kill it all adds up to a much better tuned and rewarding combat loop in this. The hard/challenging difficulty levels once you hit the endgame against fully tooled-up enemies with all their gadgets and gizmos are going to be really tough and I can’t wait.

Hugely impressed with what I’ve played so far and looking forward to squadding up with some of you this weekend.

• Upvote 3

I'm no expert but it seems fine. It allows you to set peak brightness which is handy and set the peak brightness for UI elements which is real handy for avoiding screen burn (If that's an issue for you, it is for me)

Personally, I think it works well. But, like I said, I'm no expert when it comes to this shit.

30 minutes ago, Harsin said:

How are people finding the HDR, I get the feeling I,d be better off tuRning it off just like Red Dead.

Intial setup on loading the game seemed off, not allowing for correct adjustment of peak brightness. 

Going back into setting after starting the first mission allowed me to set peak brightness correctly and have it at its lowest for UI elements. 

Been very impressed after that.

Loving this so far. It’s not really a game about cleaning up America after a viral outbreak — it’s a game about throwing sticky turrets on top of furniture with pixel-perfect precision. Got one on the end of a telescope in the planetarium last night and felt briefly like a god. 

• Upvote 6

Quick Tip: The Chem Launcher skill has a really short cooldown, meaning you can use it multiple times per firefight. Very handy...unlike the Hive which takes 3 minutes to regen. 

Which flavour is up to you, but i'm loving the purple poison puff. 

Purple chem-launcher's what I'm using too as it melts through enemy shields. Found the sticky glue stuff to be pretty useless though because by the time I'd aimed it they'd run away and I ended up just throwing a bunch of glue at a wall like a toddler throwing a tantrum. The aiming on skills could do with being activated just a tad quicker I think. 

1 hour ago, mechamonkey said:

How do you do that? I think I need it :(

Can’t remember on PS4 (Google for that). On Xbox you hold the Xbox button in until the shutdown menu appears, then hit the button to the left of that with the windows symbols on (dunno what that button is called). You can then pan around with the sticks and zoom in and out with the triggers.

Same buttons again to switch it off. Note: you won’t be able to move around with it enabled, as it takes character control from the sticks.

Just downloaded on PS4.

Any adds would be appreciated. @skittlewood I'm on +8 UK time zone. 

Have a bottle of wine and a pizza at the ready and will be on for the next few hours 

New game. Excited !

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Curtis said:

Only thing throwing me off is the sunshine and greenery. 8-) Other than that its business as usual. And i adore The Division, so i'm deliriously happy!

It gets dark, oh it gets dark and wet and foggy. And fighting in the vegetation is just ace. It's weird how it just creeps on on you how much better it is. :)

Game breaking bug found: There's an orange exclamation mark that I can't seem to get rid of! Its in the 'apparel' tab. I've spent more time trying to clear that away than anything else thus far. Seeing it there is making me feel uncomfortable and queasy.

Apart from that, all good so far.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Nosejam said:

Game breaking bug found: There's an orange exclamation mark that I can't seem to get rid of! Its in the 'apparel' tab. I've spent more time trying to clear that away than anything else thus far. Seeing it there is making me feel uncomfortable and queasy.

Apart from that, all good so far.

Try seeing if you have free crates to open