Capwn

The Division 2 - GOTY 2019

Played 40 mins on the bone, so far so The Division, although they do seemed to have made the UI harder to read, certainly why you bring up your inventory. Thought it look really nice when you start off at night, but once it's bright I'm not sure it's any better looking that the original, if anything I think the NPC character models look worse (might just be rose tinted glasses about what they looked like in the original). Texture streaming in is also pretty bad.

For those that have played the beta this morning, was there any sort of tutorial or can you invite friends into the game right from the off and get stuck into it?

8 minutes ago, djbhammer said:

For those that have played the beta this morning, was there any sort of tutorial or can you invite friends into the game right from the off and get stuck into it?

There's a tutorial yeah. Also I agree with @metallicfrodo the UI is a fucking mess. There seems to be more confirmation presses and hold presses to unlock stuff. Blargh

• Upvote 1

I'll give it a try tonight, but based on the previews and the impressions I'm already thinking of giving it a few months before I jump in. I have too much to play at the moment already tbh

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-02-07-ubisoft-advises-you-to-restart-the-division-2-beta-every-two-to-three-hours

You'll want to restart The Division 2's private beta client every couple of hours to avoid crashing, Ubisoft has warned.

The beta represents an unfinished version of the game, of course, so you should expect some bugs - but Ubisoft has today issued a blog post advising players to be careful with two big ones in particular.

"We are aware of an issue where your game client will crash after an extended gameplay session," Ubisoft wrote. "To circumvent this, we recommend that you restart your game client every two to three hours.

Wow, only just managed to pull myself away for a lunch break. It's The Division I know and love but bigger and better - there's so much to do that I've only just made it to the Safe House. Anthem won't get a look in once this launches that's for sure.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Scruff said:

Well, this looks delicious on max settings on PC. Only done the - tutorial I guess? - and it feels just like the original (in a good way).

My eyes rolled out the back of my head at a bit in the intro movie. May as well have had a 'paid for by the NRA' slapped across it, it was so unsubtle in its pro gun message :rolleyes: 

Can't wait to get stuck in properly later.

One small worry, and I can't remember if it was the same in the original beta but the map looks quite small and a big section is OOB. If that doesn't get removed for the main game I can see a lot of complaints because it looks like a fraction of the size of the NY map if not.  

I watched a video where the original and new maps were analysed. Bit of guess work goign on with the new, but erring on the side of caution it was pretty confident that the new map was just as big, if not bigger. Long and thin as opposed to the originals square apparently.

It's the Division alright!

Any idea how to answer the calls for help, it has the smallest icon in the universe and I can't see what it is without the Hubble telescope.

• Upvote 1

Got nearly to the end of the hotel mission and the game hard locked. Still had the music playing though. I did love what I played however. Not sure if I'll play more of the beta but I'm happy to be playing at launch.

Does anyone know where the PC version saves the screenshots?

Yeah this feels really good. Movement is noticeably more fluid and there’s loads of QoL improvements such as more easily readable inventory and HUD options.

Only things I’m slightly puzzled about are the lack of a screen showing all your stats such as critical hit damage etc. Am I missing something here? Also the map looks considerably smaller than the first game. 

Certainly a better advert for the game than Anthem’s demo. I’ll have to make room for both somehow.

• Upvote 2

A concern I had was that Washington DC just wasn’t as iconic a location as New York (to non-Americans anyway) and the hazy summer setting wouldn’t be as atmospheric as the wintry desolation of the first game, but it works really well and has its own feel. Feels similar in atmosphere to The Last of Us, which is no bad thing.

• Upvote 2

Runs surprisingly well on the laptop. Only got to run around for 5 minutes in the end after making the derpiest character possible. I'll get on it proper tonight.

1 hour ago, dave7g said:

It's the Division alright!

Any idea how to answer the calls for help, it has the smallest icon in the universe and I can't see what it is without the Hubble telescope.

On the map screen if you tap R1 until you get to the Matchmake tab there’s an ‘Answer the Call’ option. Haven’t actually tried it myself yet but I’m guessing that’s how you respond to player help requests. Think you can also do it via the matchmaking stations in the settlements.

• Upvote 1

It's good but it's not a massive step up from the first. There's some nice quality of life changes like junking loot/picking up simultaneously and auto pick up of materials. Unless they were in the first and I'm misremembering.

The shootings fun and upgrading the settlements look like a grind that's worthwhile rather than just 'go here, do this because reasons'. Tbh I wasn't expecting anything massively different but it's not enough to make me want to lay out 40 odd quid day one. At least the beta works, the game runs well and you can get into friends parties easily *cough* Anthem.

• Upvote 1

Need to play some more, but at the moment this has made me more inclined to pick up Anthem rather than The Division 2. I bounced off The Division hard once it came to the end game and this just looks like more of the same, whereas Anthem is at least something different (which obviously might fail horribly).

Looks very slick but dumped me out on the road to the theatre.  Small UI text seems to be making a come back these days :(.  Couldn't see how to equip my sniper turret or mine thingy at all, until just before the end.

I think the yanks have arrived en masse on the servers, as the second mission is just unplayable at the moment. Once the big firefight under the Jefferson building starts it becomes a slideshow or just stops altogether. No chance to clear the room in those circumstances. Anyone else had this?