Capwn

The Division 2 - GOTY 2019

I haven’t pre-ordered this yet but it seems I must have signed up for the beta months ago but forgotten about it. Got a code via email this morning and I’ve got it pre-loading now. 

Looking at the website it looks like the beta is pretty substantial: 2 story missions, 1 of the 3 Dark Zones, 7 open world areas and a selection of endgame builds to try out.

1 hour ago, KartoffelKopf said:

You're PS4 aren't you? Did you just download it from the store?

Yeah I just entered the code in the PSN store page and downloaded it from there.

• Upvote 1

We are happy to announce that Tom Clancy's The Division 2 will feature a brand new Photo Mode which will make its debut in the Private Beta! Using an in-game drone, your agent will be able to take beautiful pictures, use filters and effects and adjust exposure. You can zoom, tilt, rotate and offset the camera to find the perfect angle. Once you've captured your masterpiece, the photo is saved to your hard drive, ready to be shared with the world.

Want to take a touristic shot in front of the Capitol with your friends? See some great street art you want to share (maybe using the community created hashtag #graffitimonday)? Maybe you have found a weird door you just have to show the world? Then Photo Mode is the tool for you. Gather round, do your favorite emotes and take that shot!

Keep in mind that The Division 2 is an online game, so the action never stops, even when you have the camera out. When you are in the middle of a firefight, using a camera can get you into trouble. Photo Mode is not available in the Conflict PvP modes and its zoom is not greater than the most powerful scope in the game.

During the Private Beta, you will be able to use a custom Beta frame to put your photos in. Take as many as you can and share them on social media using the hashtag #TheDivision2Photos! We cannot wait to see the cool photos you all will take!

See you in Washington D.C.!

/The Division 2 Development Team

3 hours ago, djbhammer said:

We are happy to announce that Tom Clancy's The Division 2 will feature a brand new Photo Mode which will make its debut in the Private Beta! Using an in-game drone, your agent will be able to take beautiful pictures, use filters and effects and adjust exposure. You can zoom, tilt, rotate and offset the camera to find the perfect angle. Once you've captured your masterpiece, the photo is saved to your hard drive, ready to be shared with the world.

Want to take a touristic shot in front of the Capitol with your friends? See some great street art you want to share (maybe using the community created hashtag #graffitimonday)? Maybe you have found a weird door you just have to show the world? Then Photo Mode is the tool for you. Gather round, do your favorite emotes and take that shot!

Keep in mind that The Division 2 is an online game, so the action never stops, even when you have the camera out. When you are in the middle of a firefight, using a camera can get you into trouble. Photo Mode is not available in the Conflict PvP modes and its zoom is not greater than the most powerful scope in the game.

During the Private Beta, you will be able to use a custom Beta frame to put your photos in. Take as many as you can and share them on social media using the hashtag #TheDivision2Photos! We cannot wait to see the cool photos you all will take!

See you in Washington D.C.!

/The Division 2 Development Team

@U-1

• Upvote 4

Well, this looks delicious on max settings on PC. Only done the - tutorial I guess? - and it feels just like the original (in a good way).

My eyes rolled out the back of my head at a bit in the intro movie. May as well have had a 'paid for by the NRA' slapped across it, it was so unsubtle in its pro gun message :rolleyes: 

Can't wait to get stuck in properly later.

One small worry, and I can't remember if it was the same in the original beta but the map looks quite small and a big section is OOB. If that doesn't get removed for the main game I can see a lot of complaints because it looks like a fraction of the size of the NY map if not.  

PC version has been live for a while. Quite a few bugs so far. Especially in the settings. Performance is also piss poor. Haven't had chance to try much yet though. Need to go out and I died trying to figure out what the heal key was :)

I pick a black lady as my character. Get a white lady instead. :) Changed my rez from 4k to 1440p and it loses track of where the mouse should be so I can't click anything properly *and* decides at the same time to ignore keyboard input so I can't get out of the settings. Even with the rez changed and quite a few settings turned down it still won't hold 60. Most of the time it's hovering between 50-58. I need to fiddle with that more later. Probably check resetera for tweaks.

Seemed pretty good what I played though. I'm looking forward to playing it when I get back