Capwn

The Division 2 - GOTY 2019 (Relegated by Sekiro)

Also had a game breaking bug twice and  had to pull my PS4 power chord..

Other than that, loved it and got up to level 6 before the server maintenance.

53 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Who’s on pc? Is my ubi name my email? If so please add carlospie@hotmail.com. Il friendly fire us all for banter 

I think it's just carlospie? That's who I just sent a friend requerst too anyway...mine is the very catchy 'stemitch8'.

1 hour ago, carlospie said:

Who’s on pc? Is my ubi name my email? If so please add carlospie@hotmail.com. Il friendly fire us all for banter 

Have send a request (from spork_is_cool)

Edit: Also join the rllmuk div 2 discord server https://discord.gg/kkA9Jq 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, pinholestar said:

Yeah I’ll be around most of the weekend so we can sweep the streets of DC clean of gas-masked hoodlums together. 8-)

Same goes for anyone else playing on PS4 who’d like to squad up. Feel free to add me on PSN: pinholestar1

Count me in, please! Unfortunately I’m unlikely to be on before Sunday evening for teaming but that’ll hopefully give me enough time to do some initial levelling and get the basics down on my own.

I'm finding the game much better with the cover and climb indicators turned off in the UI. I can spot loot much easier and it just looks a lot cleaner. You can pretty much use anything as cover anyway so can't really see a downside to it.

You can switch weapon or perform a roll part way through reloading and it will be fully reloaded - getting the timings right for each weapon can be hard though.

25 minutes ago, Nosejam said:

I'm finding the game much better with the cover and climb indicators turned off in the UI. I can spot loot much easier and it just looks a lot cleaner. You can pretty much use anything as cover anyway so can't really see a downside to it.

Me too, so much cleaner with them off.

31 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

You can switch weapon or perform a roll part way through reloading and it will be fully reloaded - getting the timings right for each weapon can be hard though.

Thanks, got it.

Love what I've played so far. Too early to go into details, but the overall tone, sheer amount of stuff there is to do, the combat, gear, setting and vibe of it presses all my buttons. The near-future post-apocalyptic setting is perfect. The lighting, debris and blown out buildings all look incredible.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, carlospie said:

I can’t use discord as I’m on a stream box :) 

Thanks for your help earlier...I was so surprised to see someone there, I celebrated by jumping off the 2nd floor balcony.  :hat:  I have now learnt how to emote as well, I wasn't being ignorant! 

• Upvote 1

Haha. Iv no idea wtf I’m doing. I’m level 4 but well overwhelmed with all the stuff you can do. I don’t even know where to go to buy new skills Iv got 2 points to use up. I wish you could auto equip better loot. I squashed up with 3 human Russians, it was like gears of war meets Diablo 

seems very fun. I picked a sentry turret as my starter skill and just used it in a fight to the death with some twat called pebbles 

• Upvote 1

Bring up the map and fast travel to the White House. The Quartermaster who deals with Skills and Perks is in the door on the left.

• Upvote 4

59 minutes ago, carlospie said:

I wish you could auto equip better loot.

How would define 'better' though?

A new item might give better armour but you could lose a better talent so only you can decide.

5 minutes ago, Nosejam said:

When dismantling guns donyou lose the mods? Think I just messed up!

1 minute ago, Curtis said:

Attachments/mods for your guns are unlocked forever, and can be used as many times as you want.

Don't fret!

Gear mods on the other hand will be deconstructed.

• Upvote 2

I looooove going into an over-levelled area and sneaking past all the OP enemies to unlock a Saferoom or Settlement. Harks back to what the DZ in D1 was like for a solo player, until it became populated with teams of spawn-campers, and incessant griefers.

In other news: this game is like crack. I cannot get enough! 

• Upvote 3

It's so fucking good. I'm not really a shooter fan, but this is crack.  I really have to lay off pressing CTRL and jumping on top of stuff so Hyenas can kill me...

The gunplay is so tight and fun... recoil/spray, damage and reload timing for each gun really feels varied, but not so much so that you feel overwhelmed. It's a blast finding a new weapon and going back to somewhere you failed at and dominating. Love my little drone too. Can't wait to beef it up. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Mitchell said:

I really have to lay off pressing CTRL and jumping on top of stuff so Hyenas can kill me...

Do you have that awful Parkour option enabled where it auto-vaults cover? Turn that off ASAP.

Turn on 'press button to corner cover', and change it to 'fast'. That way you won't accidentally pop out when you're aiming down street, and it also means you can ring-a-roses around cover rather deftly, should you find yourself being bum-rushed.

This game is my bag. 3rd person shooters are where i am most comfortable/skilled (#10 in the World - Vanquish - Hard Campaign), and surprisingly unlike other games of this ilk where i tend to play very cautiously (almost rat-like), with this, i find pressing and being aggressive works wonders.

The new and improved AI is great at flanking when you're hunkered down, but you run headfirst (not into a mob of course) and the enemies panic, and actually try to evade you. Role-reversal. ;) Bulletproof Drone is essential for this sort of craziness by the way. lol!

I am loving every second with this game, but i feel conflicted in that i want to reach Level 30 before work on Monday (because i love end game grind). But at the same time i want to savour every moment.

Knowing there are 52 Open World Bosses to grind, makes me sooooo happy. My favourite, chilled, gaming past time for the past couple of years has always been laps around NYC in D1, killing all the named bosses. I have the coordinates written down inside the box, but i probably know them by heart. I look forward to saying the same about this in 6 months time.

Hats off to Massive, for not doing a reset like all these other sequels/imitators, they took everything they learnt over the (sometimes dire) years of D1, and said "you know what, never again, this shit is gonna be top-notch Day 1".

And it is! :wub:

• Upvote 7

Started this last night but had really bad issues with what felt like lag. Could barely play through the first proper mission (PS4 Pro). 

Is this a seever thing or something I need to look in to on my console? Not seeing anyone else in here mention it so wondering if it might be my side now. Hope it’s nothing major. 

I had a small amount on Xbox last night but I guess the servers were hammered when the Americans got online; didn't last long though.