rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Cool Ben

Overhang Drink

A small start up company I invested in a few years ago is actually doing quite well.  A good friend of mine set it up with his dad, using his grandads Italian recipe, originally it was to be sold as a hangover cure, that is what it was designed for and it actually really does work. But due to UK legislation they were not aloud to market it as one.  But it's still a healthy and revitalising drink. 

It's now being sold at Tesco, Morrisons & ASDA. Holland & Barrett, SPAR, Thomas Cook flights(from May) and the Amazon Web-store.  As well as a few other places.  Check it out.

Has anyone already seen it or tried it?

Hope this is ok and doesn't break any rules, I don't get paid per product sold or anything.

This is their new 2018 mk2 bottle design.

image.png.9e7d056bec78646a2b2be8fa77b88074.png

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Mrs Horribleman said:

Definitely doesn't work. 

Have you tried it?  I will feed back to the CEO with your experience.

21 minutes ago, whizzo said:

no nutritional info? for a "healthy drink"?

Does this help?

Ingredients:

Filtered Water, Fruit Juices From Concentrate (Orange 23%, Lime 2%), Sucrose, Burdock Root Extract, Citric Acid, Milk Thistle Extract, Ginger Extract, Raspberry Leaf Extract, Vitamins (Vitamin C, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B6)

This is based on the larger 500ml bottle

nut.JPG

Oh, right.  Sorry I thought you were being literal.

Well Ginger is well known and tested for helping relieve sickness, but I think you are going to have a problem whatever I say.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Cool Ben said:

Have you tried it?  I will feed back to the CEO with your experience.

Does this help?

Ingredients:

Filtered Water, Fruit Juices From Concentrate (Orange 23%, Lime 2%), Sucrose, Burdock Root Extract, Citric Acid, Milk Thistle Extract, Ginger Extract, Raspberry Leaf Extract, Vitamins (Vitamin C, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B6)

This is based on the larger 500ml bottle

nut.JPG

12 grammes of suger per bottle? Im out.

EDIT. Read it wrong lol

That's about 10 times less than Tesco apple juice.  I have the feeling that you guys just came in here to start an argument.

but thanks for the support. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah,  you got off on the wrong foot saying "it really works!". As we all know, the only thing that really works is the hair of the dog, and that ain't healthy!

I'd try it though, I like ginger. 149 calories is a bit of a hard sell in these days of zero cal drinks though.

On 20/03/2018 at 11:30, Cool Ben said:

Oh, right.  Sorry I thought you were being literal.

Well Ginger is well known and tested for helping relieve sickness, but I think you are going to have a problem whatever I say.

If you come in and advertise a product (even though you're not getting paid) and claiming it "Really Does Work" or using vague marketing buzz words like "Healthy and Revitalising", you can't be surprised when people call BS on it.

The spirit of the food thread generally (apart from maybe things like KFC) is about DIY food, creativity, sharing tips and techniques, but this feels like a sponsored post got in the middle of it all, and is the reason why Facebook and Instagram are less fun than this place.

I mean shit, fruit juice for a hangover isn't exactly some big reveal here. Neither is ginger. I'm sure it tastes nice though, if I saw it I'd try one.

• Empathy 1

I get what you are saying @cowfields.  And yes I am trying to make people aware of it, but mostly I am just proud that its getting into various well known shops.  People discus start ups and maybe I should have just put it there but I thought this would be the right section for it, and if I was breaking any rules I was happy for it to be deleted.  I own less than 0.5% of the company, getting a few of you to buy it on here isn't going to make me rich.

I was also interested to know if anyone has seen it and tried it and what their opinion was.  Its so much harder trying to come across in text form, I hope I haven't offended anyone.

20 hours ago, SozzlyJoe said:

Yeah,  you got off on the wrong foot saying "it really works!". As we all know, the only thing that really works is the hair of the dog, and that ain't healthy!

I'd try it though, I like ginger. 149 calories is a bit of a hard sell in these days of zero cal drinks though.

You're right. I should have said, It's good at helping relieve some of the hangover symptoms.

If you do try it I would love your feedback, it's very gingery.