Play Expo London 11-12 August

• 4 months later...

Well I thought this was a pretty good event and certainly enjoyed it, although me and @super_quincy kept missing Jon_cubernet and Anne Summers on the Antstream stand!

In terms of arcade and pinball machines it certainly delivered. It was cool to see people queuing up to play OutRun and Afterburner, while Afterburner was still working anyway! 

The attrition rate  of arcade cabs was quite high although the staff were doing their best to keep them up and running.

There were hundreds of consoles to play as well, and a reasonably sized dealers room.

My only real gripe was the no food and drink policy, with it being confiscated at the door. Given a lot of people had travelled a far distance to get there they were bound to have snacks on them. Plus festival prices for food and drink at the venue was a bit much, as it wasn't a festival!  I did notice that coke and water were reduced from £2.50 on Saturday to £1.50 on Sunday, so maybe they had some complaints about it. 

I would go again next year, but probably just for a day rather than a weekend. 

• 11 months later...