Jump to content
rllmuk
Sloth

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 - Operation Grand Heist: Super Money Warfare Shooting Turbo

Recommended Posts

Really getting in to Blackout now. Ended up with 9 kills for me and 3 for my partner in Duos yesterday. Still only finished 4th but my most enjoyable game to date. Love the tension near the end though the number of 2nd place finishes for me are really adding up. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep it's all I play at present, solo though still not tried team modes. I have 7 wins under my belt, last win I had I killed the final dude with a grenade stick Halo style.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, p1nseeker said:

You playing solos @Minion ?

 

Any tips? I've only ever won one solo game. I think I play too aggressive.

 

Hmm well I'm convinced that there's a lot of luck involved, being in the right place at the right time especially in regards to where the circles drop towards the end, getting the right loot, making the right decisions at the right time. I tend to deploy far away from the original entry point, once I have decent weapons (a scoped weapon is essential I like the rampart or kn with a x 3 as standard), armour and a backpack I make my way towards the circle if I'm not in it. I try and crouch walk as much as possible and be aware of sounds around me, there's certain areas that are just horrible to have to travel through in the early game, rivertown being the main culprit. Being aggressive isn't always bad, if you win the fights you get the loot, but other times, yes the more encounters you have the less likely you are to have decent armour and health in the end game. In the final few circles stay on the edge and try and find areas of terrain where you might have a vantage point and/or defense. I don't find being inside buildings helps as being manouverable seems key in this game gun fights and being stuck at a window leaves you as a sitting target. Be opportunistic, so if you're in the final circle or two and people are fighting take note of their positions and only engage if you think you will benefit. Here is a clip actually of one of my wins, it shows how much luck goes into it as the final guy completely misses me when I was there for the taking:

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been enjoying this a bit more lately but tonight in FFA. Every sod is spawn camping!! 

 

The map map with the church is a nightmare for people camping.  Just gets on my nerves.  Play the bloody game ffs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, p1nseeker said:

You playing solos @Minion ?

 

Any tips? I've only ever won one solo game. I think I play too aggressive.

 

I've won a fair few as well and generally get in the top 10 on most goes and I only play solos.  

 

Great advice by @Minion but I tend to play a bit more aggressively than passively.  My go-to place on the map at the beginning of most matches is the underground bunker of Fracking Tower.  I don't open the blast doors, but get there through the secret exit building that has stairs leading down to it.  For some reason, hardly anyone goes that way, and even if they do end up getting in through the blast doors, you will end up grabbing a weapon on the way into that room to get an easy first kill.  90% of the time there a crate in there with a Paladin and a fully kitted out vapr or kn, trauma kits and some awesome perks.

 

Speaking of perks, make sure you manage them well.  Dead Silence and Skullker are the best two by far and I always tend to save them till the end or if I happen to hear someone closeby.

 

Avoid vehicles as much as you can unless you're really far from the circle.  I also generally tend to run to the outer edge of the circle almost immediately and then patrol the perimeter.

 

Lastly, the equipment that is essential are the cluster grenades and sensor darts, with grappling hook coming in third.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Minion said:

 

Hmm well I'm convinced that there's a lot of luck involved, being in the right place at the right time especially in regards to where the circles drop towards the end, getting the right loot, making the right decisions at the right time. I tend to deploy far away from the original entry point, once I have decent weapons (a scoped weapon is essential I like the rampart or kn with a x 3 as standard), armour and a backpack I make my way towards the circle if I'm not in it. I try and crouch walk as much as possible and be aware of sounds around me, there's certain areas that are just horrible to have to travel through in the early game, rivertown being the main culprit. Being aggressive isn't always bad, if you win the fights you get the loot, but other times, yes the more encounters you have the less likely you are to have decent armour and health in the end game. In the final few circles stay on the edge and try and find areas of terrain where you might have a vantage point and/or defense. I don't find being inside buildings helps as being manouverable seems key in this game gun fights and being stuck at a window leaves you as a sitting target. Be opportunistic, so if you're in the final circle or two and people are fighting take note of their positions and only engage if you think you will benefit. Here is a clip actually of one of my wins, it shows how much luck goes into it as the final guy completely misses me when I was there for the taking:

 

 

 

I'm shocked you managed to win that game with the VKM! I cannot control the recoil on that bad boy and the ROF is far too slow. Surprised you didn't change that scope over to the ICR7 when it became more close quarters! 

 

We need to have some Duo games (especially now @Dave White has abandoned me for BFV). I'm on 10 wins so we are probably a similar level! 

 

Another tip for end game is to walk towards the narrowest part of the circle, as it moves much slower and you can tend to stay crouched the whole time right next to the moving circle without it catching you. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Omizzay said:

 

I've won a fair few as well and generally get in the top 10 on most goes and I only play solos.  

 

Great advice by @Minion but I tend to play a bit more aggressively than passively.  My go-to place on the map at the beginning of most matches is the underground bunker of Fracking Tower.  I don't open the blast doors, but get there through the secret exit building that has stairs leading down to it.  For some reason, hardly anyone goes that way, and even if they do end up getting in through the blast doors, you will end up grabbing a weapon on the way into that room to get an easy first kill.  90% of the time there a crate in there with a Paladin and a fully kitted out vapr or kn, trauma kits and some awesome perks.

 

Speaking of perks, make sure you manage them well.  Dead Silence and Skullker are the best two by far and I always tend to save them till the end or if I happen to hear someone closeby.

 

Avoid vehicles as much as you can unless you're really far from the circle.  I also generally tend to run to the outer edge of the circle almost immediately and then patrol the perimeter.

 

Lastly, the equipment that is essential are the cluster grenades and sensor darts, with grappling hook coming in third.

 

Where abouts is the secret exit building if you don't mind me asking? I love fracking tower but never attempted to go underground! 

 

Edit: Managed to find a vid on youtube, never knew that was there! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

The accuracy should be almost nil when you're jumping. Fuck em, the bunny hopping shitbirds.

They should just make it that you cant fire while jumping. Problem solved.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@RickyDVT I’m definitely up for some duos at some point dude it’ll be good to try out the different modes I imagine it’s rather different once you have a team. I probably had grips on the gun, also I tap fire it, it does have a shitty rof but those 50 cals do a lot of damage! It was a lucky win. I need to edit and upload my sticky win just for the lols. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New update up and I have to say something - Fuck Activision and their shitty fucking Blackjack Store.

 

$20 for two gun camos?!?!?!  One which was already in the game by mistake (the maddox one), and one which was already in the game as an "exclusive" pre-order Gamestop bonus (Strife).  What an utter ripoff.  Ridiculous!

 

Most sane people are also not going to pay $8-9 for a skin that they can't see, so character skins are pretty useless.  Don't even get me started on the badges, calling cards or decals - who cares about that shite?  All we wanted wanted new weapons, variants and camos.  If $20 is their new pricing, they can get stuffed.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They've really gone fucking bananas with the cosmetic shit. My worry is they're going to 'get away with it', fuck all came from the Reddit backlash to the operator contracts and there will be people who pay stupid amounts for this shit.

 

I love trinkets and baubels and skins and nonsense, but this has actually gone beyond a joke now. The fact you can't even grind any in game currency like on Blops 3 is just salt in the wound.

 

 

Edit: just checked the Blops 4 Reddit and they are displeased as hell. I wonder if anything will actually come of it? For every vocal keyboard monkey thete are 5 people who don't give a fuck about Reddit or the internet and just accept this kind of stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, kerraig UK said:

They should just make it that you cant fire while jumping. Problem solved.

 

I completely agree with this, or at least, make your accuracy pretty much nothing while jumping. 

But, in the hellscape that is 2018... this would probably kill the game with the YouTube streaming crowd who just want to go for these jumping trick shots and show off to their subscribers. 

YouTube "influencers" would deride the game and Activision would lose sales. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not understanding the furore around the micro transactions for cosmetics, they don't affect the game at all so you can just ignore them. If there were weapons or anything game affecting that was only available as a microtransaction I would be pissed, but all this cosmetic shit is just meaningless. I'm not condoning microtransactions, I hate them as much as anyone but if fools are willing to pay for cosmetic items and there is no advantage or game affecting items only available in from microtransactions then is it really a big deal?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because people LIKE meaningless shit like this. I do. I also like having a quantifiable objective, like getting to tier X to unlock another stupid outfit I can't see in game. The point is they've added all this stuff and then they've actually gone out of their way to be as fucking cynical and greedy as they can.

 

The 'battle pass' (I can't remember the name of it) only unlocks shit over time. There's no challenges or anything involved in it, so that's lazy and there's also no in game currency to obtain through any kind of missions to buy random boxes of said garbage. In many ways this is much worse than most free to play games. At least in Fortnite you can grind challenges and missions to get currency and items. This has a skin that's a third the cost of the RRP of the game itself.

 

Yes we can ignore it. No it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but it's been done in such a complete and utter bastard manner that it's incredibly annoying. Can you imagine in EA pulled this shit after Battlefront II? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the PrestigeisKey guy's rant; "what more do you want from us Activision?!" he says in utter despair. :lol:

 

 

 

But yeah fuck Activision greedy cunts. At least in BLOPS3 I could earn in-game currency and unlock most, if not all, items and cosmetics that way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never bought COD Points and never will. It hasn't affected the game one bit. There are suckers out there and that is who Activision prey upon. 

 

And, another high KD player, 3.78, with connection advantage. His W/L is 11.36.  Every time he shot me I couldn't see him but on the replay he had time to look aim and kill. Felt like Over 1 second advantage.

 

https://bo4tracker.com/profile/bo4/LL95x-/psn?u=489241

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I basically bought this for Blackout but have played barely 5 hours of that mode and find myself returning again and again to Multiplayer. I think aside from jumping not severely affecting your accuracy/mobility (a really stupid decision in my opinion), it's pretty damn close in overall quality to Modern Warfare 1 & 2.

 

I'm not particularly good at it these days, my K/D is around 1.5 and I lose a lot of 50/50s, but I just have a ton of fun with it. My new favourite thing about it is using Torque. You can be so devious. I overlooked him for a long time because I've always used the Engineer perk, making it easy to avoid his traps.

 

It seems since trying him out that most people don't seem to run Engineer. I couldn't believe how many kills I was getting with both the wire snare and the barricade. A barricade kill gets you upwards of 200 points and it shocks me how often the snare gets people. You can place a barricade diagonally next to a popular entrance way and people just don't see it - they bound through and get fried. The razor wire you can be even more devious with - I put it under windows/ladders so that when people drop down they get instantly snared.

 

If you pair Torque with the Comsec device you start getting killstreaks just from your traps and the odd kill, it's such a good way to play if you don't have the desire or reactions to go sprinting around the map with an SMG.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Timmo said:

I basically bought this for Blackout but have played barely 5 hours of that mode and find myself returning again and again to Multiplayer. I think aside from jumping not severely affecting your accuracy/mobility (a really stupid decision in my opinion), it's pretty damn close in overall quality to Modern Warfare 1 & 2.

 

I'm not particularly good at it these days, my K/D is around 1.5 and I lose a lot of 50/50s, but I just have a ton of fun with it. My new favourite thing about it is using Torque. You can be so devious. I overlooked him for a long time because I've always used the Engineer perk, making it easy to avoid his traps.

 

It seems since trying him out that most people don't seem to run Engineer. I couldn't believe how many kills I was getting with both the wire snare and the barricade. A barricade kill gets you upwards of 200 points and it shocks me how often the snare gets people. You can place a barricade diagonally next to a popular entrance way and people just don't see it - they bound through and get fried. The razor wire you can be even more devious with - I put it under windows/ladders so that when people drop down they get instantly snared.

 

If you pair Torque with the Comsec device you start getting killstreaks just from your traps and the odd kill, it's such a good way to play if you don't have the desire or reactions to go sprinting around the map with an SMG.

 

Pretty much how I play. Instead of the comsec try that gadget that increases the speed at which you get your barb wire etc. You get extra points from getting them down earlier. I like to run with UAV and Care package. You get the UAV nice and quick and the act of triggering it and getting a couple of UAV bonus triggers the care package straight away. You can get two or three loops of that out of a game, and when you get lucky with the packages its glorious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Strategos said:

 

Pretty much how I play. Instead of the comsec try that gadget that increases the speed at which you get your barb wire etc. You get extra points from getting them down earlier. I like to run with UAV and Care package. You get the UAV nice and quick and the act of triggering it and getting a couple of UAV bonus triggers the care package straight away. You can get two or three loops of that out of a game, and when you get lucky with the packages its glorious.

 

I'll give that a go! Do you run Engineer? I find being able to reroll the care package is a great perk. I use UAV, Care Package and then Attack Helicopter. The Helicopter is a rare treat but does serious work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Timmo said:

 

I'll give that a go! Do you run Engineer? I find being able to reroll the care package is a great perk. I use UAV, Care Package and then Attack Helicopter. The Helicopter is a rare treat but does serious work.

 

I dont run engineer , but its not a bad idea, For my final killstreak I like Spider lad. That little guy is great, and you can follow him around and protect him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bleeders said:

Engineer was great for re-rolls, but it’s a bit naff now the chances for getting decent streaks has been tweaked.

 

Didn't realise that had happened! I was incredibly lucky last night then, I got Thresher, Mantis, Thresher all in a row.

 

Got a cut and paste of the percentages?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.