kerraig UK

Battlefield V

Wow, rush really is the most depressing game mode to play in this- who thought this was fun?? So easy to get steam rolled and absolutely no way to fight back if your team aren’t the same ability level. At least the other game modes feel like you’re making a difference, this is just no fun at all.

• Upvote 1

3 things I don't like, well documented. 

The lack of suppression
The texture pop in

The lack of maps

Everything else is just so glorious though. It's just so enjoyable to play.

Some videos just from last nights session. You can hear in my voice just how much fun I'm having while playing it. 

In the last 10 seconds a brilliant moment of tank vs dynamite. Check out the sparks coming from his turret as he tries to turn to kill me. The turret has been disabled just long enough for me to get in there. If the tank was at 100% I'd have been dead:

Just sunbathing:

Always switch to pistol

Sometimes it just doesn't work out:

Do you guys know you can use the PIAT gun as a mortar? If you aim it upwards a little target appears and it can be aimed then just launch away! Great range too.

34 minutes ago, McFly said:

Do you guys know you can use the PIAT gun as a mortar? If you aim it upwards a little target appears and it can be aimed then just launch away! Great range too.

It can be great fun using it that way but bear in mind that you have to factor into account elevation from your target for the little red dot in the minimap to be an accurate representation of where it’ll precisely land. Feels great when you judge it just right though. :ph34r:

12 minutes ago, KriessG said:

Yeah there was videos about it on YouTube a few months ago. @kerraig UK is great with it.

Yeah im a bit behind evidently, its not something that coccured to me.

I had a great round of Grand Operations last night with @kerraig UK, @Luseth & Bisc’. Proper squad play, calling out and spotting enemies, reviving whilst using smoke as cover, vehicle usage, resupplying, everything. Thanks to all that I went 28-1 for all 3 days. I believe we won the operation and were the top squad too :) When it all comes together this is just so good.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, KriessG said:

I had a great round of Grand Operations last night with @kerraig UK, @Luseth & Bisc’. Proper squad play, calling out and spotting enemies, reviving whilst using smoke as cover, vehicle usage, resupplying, everything. Thanks to all that I went 28-1 for all 3 days. I believe we won the operation and were the top squad too :) When it all comes together this is just so good.

That was the best session we've had yet and the game just keeps going from strength to strength for me. It was just a tight unit absolute steamrolling good players using communication.

I'm dying to get back on tonight.

• Upvote 2

I dunno how so many people out there think CoD or PUBG et al are the apex of online FPS when BF games wipe the floor with all of them.

2 minutes ago, McFly said:

I dunno how so many people out there think CoD or PUBG et al are the apex of online FPS when BF games wipe the floor with all of them.

BF has such a sleep learning curve and requires so much concentration. Other games can be played in 2nd gear.

Although that being said, I've played so much BF that it is almost meditative for me. 

They really should release it as a standalone for free. I'm all for another BR but nobody's going to buy BFV for this mode alone.

Actual LOLs at a couple of bits. It's a cinematic trailer but it still worth a shufty. 

One of the most enjoyable and memorable nights of Battlefield ever. So so so much fun. I think there were 13 of us at one point...?

I love my rllmuk battlefield family. Man I wish @Dave White was with us last night.

I grabbed some videos because it was such a sweet sesh. What killed me here?

• Upvote 2

On 16/03/2019 at 02:27, kerraig UK said:

One of the most enjoyable and memorable nights of Battlefield ever. So so so much fun. I think there were 13 of us at one point...?

I love my rllmuk battlefield family. Man I wish @Dave White was with us last night.

I grabbed some videos because it was such a sweet sesh. What killed me here?

Epic!!! I’ll be back!!

10 hours ago, kerraig UK said:

Ps4. Would love you to join us man

GT: kerrraig

Im on Xbox :( otherwise  id love to.

Why ther cant be cross platform these days i dont know.

This could really freshen up the game which is sorely needed right now!

Shame there aren't any new maps yet though :( 

Maybe we'll see 1 or 2 based on the firestorm map?

3 minutes ago, Luseth said:

This could really freshen up the game which is sorely needed right now!

Shame there aren't any new maps yet though :( 

Maybe we'll see 1 or 2 based on the firestorm map?

Maybe, but despite the Firestorm map being new seems like a greatest hits of a load of other maps.

Going by that Jackfrags footage it seems to me like it's a stripped version of the main game? You run around a map the size of Skyrim with only 64 players per server, desperately trying to find other people to fire your gun at... fun! I feel like Battle Royale is the anthesis of Battlefield and completely misses the mark of what makes this franchise such a blast to play (ie 2 hours of nade spam on a server that only hosts one map 24/7 lelel). 

64v64 on that map would've been insane for instance. Imagine one side coming in by sea/air while the other faction digs in to defend the objectives. Gah! I still don't get why we had 128+ players in a server two generations ago but are somehow struggling with that today...

It looks like Battlefield Royale. It'll probably be dull as fuck solo but a riot in a squad.

As for the online quantity of players thing probably a multitude of factors; more people with a wider spread of internet speeds than ten years ago, development is more expensive, as is the upkeep of servers, there are more games vying for attention so you can't guarantee population for that many players. Basically that many people is possibly untenable for games  so why bother? Just because they can do it doesn't mean they should.

Looks pretty good and the destructibility and vehicles should set it apart from other BRs. I’ll definitely give it a shot but there’s no way that it’ll replace the core Battlefield multiplayer for me. I come for the chaos not the solitude.

When I want to play BR I can still see myself turning to Apex Legends as it’s just such a beautifully refined experience. Firestorm should have been in at launch if it was to make a real impact I think.