kerraig UK

Battlefield V

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

Servers proper fucked for anyone else on PS4?

I was playing earlier and it felt like hardly any of my hits were registering. Hit markers would only show after I’d shot the target several times already.

Had a couple of rubber band moments on PC last night but assumed it was my end.

After joining and quitting a few matches I also found some squad mates that, while not K:D monsters, played the objective and seemed to appreciate my medic and ammo pouch spam. :hug:

PC Origin: Halkyon

10 hours ago, Coolcongo said:

I find when trying to throw bandages it does not work all the time. Not sure why but pressing 3 does nothing and only lets me heal myself. 

I’m sure on the PS4 it’s still throwing bandages,  it’s just not showing the animation. But yeah, flakey as shit @moosegrinder

Details on the first patch coming this month, unfortunately no bipod fix yet but the rest sounds good. I really hope they improve the quit times soon as well as it's one of the most annoying issues with the game (and yes I really want more maps too). 

I was trying to play with the first two shotguns with Support yesterday and their damage dropoff is insane. Even with upgrades I could stand about 4 meters from someone ADSing at their head and get no hit markers! If you get a close range flank or camp in a building shotties can be good but even then you can die in 1 v 1 scenarios vs Assault players if your reactions and aim aren't amazing. Just trying to get up to the awesome Drilling but in the meantime I might just use the machine guns. Lots of people been killing me with the Lewis so I reckon that's one of the strongest guns in the class.

The Lewis is great, as is the Bren. A lot of the others are great fun bipoded (MG42, VCO) but due to the bipod issues they can be more frustrating than they should be. I’m really looking forward to that fix.

Some decent stuff in that patch but some of the more glaring bugs and annoyances have yet to be fixed. Assignment tracking is a right pain in the ass (I shouldn’t have to quit a match to select a new one, for example) and I hope they’re right when they say that they’re very close to fixing the lack of company coin being rewarded once you’ve hit rank 50. Bit of a joke that that was allowed to go unchecked for months.

I notice that the slight reduction to the minimum damage for the Gewehr-43 means it’ll no longer be a guaranteed 3-hit kill. Fuckers.

10 hours ago, kerraig UK said:

All I want is suppression back, texture pop in to fuck off and some new maps

I still miss spotting too. Was hoping I'd be used to it by now.

I'd like a number of fixes / changes. Hopefully at least a couple will be sorted in today's patch.

In no particular order:

• Kill Cam - being changed in the patch, but at present it's incredibly frustrating to be killed and not have a clue where the person was hiding (unless they were nearby). I guess this might be classed as "realism" but it's not much fun. In previous games, recons and the like would need to move around to avoid retribution. At present they can largely stay hidden in the same bush, or behind the same rock with impunity. Hopefully today's change will resolve this.
  • Spotting - I can understand the reasons for removing the previous versions of the spotting mechanic where pretty much whole squads and teams would be lit up under a sea of Tangy Cheese or Cool Doritos, but I think they've gone too far. I'd like to perhaps have a squad spotting mechanic whereupon any enemies you spot are highlighted to your squad, but not the whole team (and keep the system where the marker is lost if the target moves out of line of sight).
  • Enemy visibility - I never had a problem seeing enemies in previous games, but they can be like chameleons in this, blending in perfectly to rocks and the like. Maybe I could slow down and take more time surveying the surroundings, but by the time I've done that I'll have had my head shot off by someone practically invisible laying prone on some debris.
  • Supression - bring it back ferchrissakes! I'm sick of getting someone down to 20% health with a spray of LMG fire only for them to stand statue-like and kill me with the headshot they've been able to perfectly line-up.
  • Tanks - make tanks harder to destroy. It's somewhat ridiculous that a single assaalt can destroy a Tiger Tank singlehandedly. Either that or alter the assault load-outs so that you can't have rockets, dynamite AND anti-tank grenades equipped at the same time. At the moment, tanks have mostly become long range vehicular snipers because getting anywhere near enemy infantry is an instant death sentence for them. Given the power an popularity of the assault class with it's selection of short and long range rifles, ther are always swarms of them waiting to quickly destroy tanks.
  • Vehicle spawns - If you select a vehicle spawn, you should have a small window of time where the vehicle is reserved for you (maybe 5 seconds) to allow you to choose the tank or plane you want to use. At present you have to widly mash the button to get a vehicle before someone else and then accidentally end up in an AA tank on Devastation or something. Similarly, let us be able to selct from all the vehicles available instead of forcing a choice of just three in My Company. Firearms and equipment don't have this restriction, so why should vehicles?
  • Bipods not deploying properly - hopefully fixed today.
  • Getting stuck on small bits of scenery - this is particularly noticeable on Hamada on the rocky edges of the fortress. Likewise, not being able to climb unsteep slopes without sliding back down.
  • Map rotations - add the map voting system back in. If I never have to play Narvik again I'll be a happy man. Also, add DLC maps into the rotation. It'd also be nice to return to the old system for games like Breakthrough where you play each map twice - one as attackers, and then again as defenders.
  • Fix the "one-shot" TTD bug that makes it feel like you've been killed instantly without any hope of reacting by someone with a slow-firing Sten or something 100 yards away.
  • Get rid of My Company altogether and just have the functionality for that (and Assignments) avaialble via the in-game menus.

Despite all the above, I'm enjoying the game a lot. :)

• Upvote 1

Seems the patch has also removed all EU servers.... we have had one game of Frontline that is now 16 players and having to go on a US server to get a game.

Love Dice patch days

Despite no word about it in the patch notes, they seem to have nerfed the AA tanks. The projectile velocity and range seem to have been reduced so, wheras previously I was preety good at leadin distant targes to get hits, not I can barely hit them at all, even at closer ranges.

Apparently the bombing reticule has been removed from the Stuka too.

Another complaint, although not confirmed, is that the new kill cam has re-introduced the issue where you are displayed on the mini-map when you get a kill. Not sure if it's correct or not, but if it is... :facepalm:

This is one of those special patches that doesn’t seem to have fixed the majority of bugs and introduced a load more - who needs to see their gun or sites when firing anyway :facepalm:

Ohh and @FishyFish AA guns are for shooting infantry not planes, 3 miles away and behind walls is no obstacle for the ‘forget about planes’ AA gunner of twat.

3 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

Seems the patch has also removed all EU servers.... we have had one game of Frontline that is now 16 players and having to go on a US server to get a game.

Love Dice patch days

I had conquest selected only for weeks which has shown no servers at all the whole time... Today I selected every game type and there was over 100 servers for Europe which included the conquest servers that apparantly didn't exist. 

I then took out everything bar conquest and all is good, plenty of euro servers to choose from.

I thought I'd try playing as recon today. Half of the shots don't seem to register. Players have been fairly close, my aim has been dead centre and the bullets just go straight through them. Is it always this way or have they knackered this up as well?

That’s definitely not the usual behaviour. It’s the only class I’ve not played today yet but I’ll check it out.

Squad Conquest and Rush modes aren’t needed. Both are only on specific maps, Rush is only around for 2 weeks and SC is 16 players and small parts of existing maps, so I can’t see how different it’ll be to Domination. What’s the point. Cosmetics etc are fine but I’m really not fussed, especially as there is so much to fix, TTD, pop in and the other bugs. Why haven’t they bumped up the rank from 50 yet either?

I really wish they had stuck to the season pass model. I’d happily have paid £40 to have 16 maps confirmed as forthcoming. All we have confirmed for now is two Greece maps coming in March and Firestorm, which will be fun as a distraction but that will be all it is for me. 

I hope they don’t wait for March to show us the next part of the road map. At least they have stated they are moving chronologically through the war so we will get Americans etc introduced at some point, I’d just like to know when.

Maybe I’m asking for too much. Maybe they’ve spread themselves too thin. The game has to release on a set date and is buggy, plus they have to deliver post launch content despite no season pass money as incentive. The poor launch sales might also hamper things, plus I’m sure some of the team are already at work on BF 2020 (Another cross platform release a la BF4, oh the bugs!). 

Don’t get me wrong, I love this game. I play it for hours every day and enjoy it greatly. I just hope for it’s continued improvement.

3 hours ago, Barrow48 said:

I thought I'd try playing as recon today. Half of the shots don't seem to register. Players have been fairly close, my aim has been dead centre and the bullets just go straight through them. Is it always this way or have they knackered this up as well?

I think DICE's servers have been getting fucked as the download for the patch was incredibly slow.

3 hours ago, KriessG said:

That’s definitely not the usual behaviour. It’s the only class I’ve not played today yet but I’ll check it out.

Squad Conquest and Rush modes aren’t needed. Both are only on specific maps, Rush is only around for 2 weeks and SC is 16 players and small parts of existing maps, so I can’t see how different it’ll be to Domination. What’s the point. Cosmetics etc are fine but I’m really not fussed, especially as there is so much to fix, TTD, pop in and the other bugs. Why haven’t they bumped up the rank from 50 yet either?

I really wish they had stuck to the season pass model. I’d happily have paid £40 to have 16 maps confirmed as forthcoming. All we have confirmed for now is two Greece maps coming in March and Firestorm, which will be fun as a distraction but that will be all it is for me. 

I hope they don’t wait for March to show us the next part of the road map. At least they have stated they are moving chronologically through the war so we will get Americans etc introduced at some point, I’d just like to know when.

Maybe I’m asking for too much. Maybe they’ve spread themselves too thin. The game has to release on a set date and is buggy, plus they have to deliver post launch content despite no season pass money as incentive. The poor launch sales might also hamper things, plus I’m sure some of the team are already at work on BF 2020 (Another cross platform release a la BF4, oh the bugs!). 

Don’t get me wrong, I love this game. I play it for hours every day and enjoy it greatly. I just hope for it’s continued improvement.

Its a fucking shitshow bro and it cant be denied. They've birthed this incredible baby and they're drowning it in the bath