an author

a producer

but first and foremost

he's a gamer

and he's got big news

you dont want to miss it

trust him!

• Upvote 2

Maybe I’m just getting old & grumpy & I certainly have nothing against Trevor Noah who’s a cool dude, but why does some fucking television celebrity have to present a new Battlefield game for Christ’s sakes? Just release a trailer & show me details of the new game’s setting, maps, weapons & gamemodes. Job done. I don’t want or need some faux enthusiasm & snappy dialogue from a guy cashing in an easy paycheque.

Anyway, I’d love for it to be WW2, which seems highly likely. Battlefield 1 awoke an enormous interest in me for the history of WW1 & I ended up buying about 10  books on the subject & paying a visit to the WW1 galleries at the Imperial War Museum as a result. Credit to DICE for the remarkable authenticity in bringing to life the birth of modern industrial warfare. Even a year & a half after its release I’m still routinely staggered by the sound & fury of it.

Fuck helicopters & laser-targeted SAMs, give me rifles made of wood & tin helmets. Obviously WW2 was far more technologically advanced than WW1 but I never would have realised just how brutally evocative a Battlefield game in a historical setting could be until I experienced it for myself. Battlefield 4 was an exceptional game but it feels like you’re involved in high-tech military exercises rather than proper boots in the mud warfare to me. The chugging, mechanically primitive brutality of the WW1 setting brought so much to the feel & intensity of the experience & the canvas that WW2 presents in terms of map locations & weapon & vehicle variety is mouth-watering.

WW2 feels like a natural progression for the series after BF1 & the fans of the modern warfare setting have had BF2, BF3, BF4 & BF Bad Company 1 & 2, so they can quit their whining if that’s what BF5 turns out to be. :angry:

• Upvote 9

Can`t wait for the trailer for this. I LOVE myself a Battlefield trailer.

Think the high point for Battlefield trailers was 3. DIdn't get on with Battlefield 4 trailers at all, think it was the Rihanna ones? Just didn't do it for me unfortunately. Battlefield 1 was pretty decent but Battlefield 3 trailers were so fucking on point! When the Battlefield theme tune warbles as the EA logo appears... Fucking hell, still gives me goosebumps to this day. Good God, amazing!!!

And Also the 99 problems trailer. So so fucking good!

Battlefield 1 just didn't quite do it for me as a game unfortunately - I really dunno why but it's the least I've played any Battlefield game ever released I'd guess, but damn... I'm hyped for this reveal! Bring it on!

• Upvote 3

Same for me, loved them all (especially BC2 and BF3:Vietnam) but  BF1 just didn't grab me in the end. Bring this on though, usually build a new pc for each new release! :)

• Upvote 1

Oh dear. I can feel an urge to splash out on a new PC coming. I doubt this will run on an i5 2500k, 8GB and a 1gb 560ti........

Happy to have a WWII setting. Admittedly I have not played the latest COD but for me nothing has beaten COD2. Especially on 360 on screen 4 player mode or LAN parties with my old ShuttlePC. Glory Days. 

• Upvote 1

A decent Battle Royale game aimed at a slightly more mature market than Fortnite (which i still love) but actually doesn't run like a piece of shit on console? WHERE DO I SIGN UP.

Looks like the old Conquest ticket bleed system is back too (not that I ever played Conquest in BF1 as Operations was far superior in my opinion).

Some conjecture that it may be across multiple settings and eras but everything in that short teaser screams WW2. Bring it on. 8-)

On 16/05/2018 at 20:17, KriessG said:

He’s great. The documentary about his upbringing and early career on Netflix is a good watch.

What's it called? I've seen his standup, but never knew this existed. 

1 hour ago, bradigor said:

What's it called? I've seen his standup, but never knew this existed. 

‘You laugh but it’s true’.

• Upvote 1

Anyone else think there's maybe a twist to come during the reveal?

Seems strange that they've given away the world war 2 era like that before the reveal. 

2 hours ago, Simmy said:

Anyone else think there's maybe a twist to come during the reveal?

Seems strange that they've given away the world war 2 era like that before the reveal. 

It's a bit odd but there have been no signs pointing to it being anything other than WWII. 

There won't be a battle pass. All maps available for everyone.  Please god make them do this.  I've had enough of paying again for map packs etc. Make the paid shit cosmetic only. 

• Upvote 4

Maybe you’re going to play the part of a military reenactor in multiple wars. English civil war, both global wars, Boer...and you have to drive between the various weekend meets in your clapped out Ford Fiesta using a modified Euro Truck Simulator engine.

• Upvote 4

So what do we reckon? Will there be a battle royale mode? Seeing as BF has mainly emphasised team work I’m not sure it would be in keeping with this unless it’s squad based, and then that wouldn’t be great for loners like me likely to get stuck with random players.

I hope they do some Battlefield 1943-inspired maps and gameplay. Divebombing those pacific islands then flying low over the carrier to restock was brilliant. I could never get the hang of any other planes in the BF series but the WWII ones were awesome.

• Upvote 2

Calling it now.

There'll be a black screen.  And then a poignant voice over (probably talking about death or summat).

Then we'll see a plane.  Or possibly a tank.

Then black again.  And the same poignant voice will say something containing the word WAR.

Then we'll see loads of game engine graphics - which is actually taken from a cut scene - showing things blowing up, a few rat-a-tat-tats of a familiar sounding gun, and just when it's reaching exciting levels of cut scene greatness....

There'll be black again.  And the return of the poignant voice, saying something poignant.

And then a big "V" will fade into the screen.

And there will be much rejoicing.

• Upvote 4

Mecha-Churchill stands atop the White Cliffs of Dover.

Flicks the gigantic mechanical Vs at Jerry.

Mecha-Churchill puffs on a gigantic Mecha-Vape-Cigar and exhales mustard gas at the onrushing Nazi hordes.

They all melt.

(fade)

BATTLEFIELD V

WW2 IN THE FUTURE

(the chorus of Human by Rag and Bone Man plays for two seconds) 

• Upvote 1