rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
myoozikk

Formula One - 2018 Season

Mercedes strategy people won that for Lewis, he got a 10 second odd advantage by pitting when he did and I don’t think he would have stayed first without it, Bottas showed that the Merc is so much harder on its tyres and Lewis used the gap to manage them home.

Max's early engine issue made for a great racing situation One car with superior power and one with superior grip.

Made me imagine a rule where they could split the teams like that. One half gets grippier tyres but also a slight air intake restrictor or something.

5 hours ago, wev said:

Coulthard Bingo:

Moans about the Abu Dhabi pit exit

4 hours ago, wev said:

Yeah, I think he opened the steering a little and let Bottas drive into him

There's also "overspeed" and "underrotate", both of which DC says many times in every race. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bacon Horsemeat said:

lol, about 10 races too late? No-one has even mentioned the halo since we saw the huge marks on it after saving Leclerc.

1 hour ago, Dudley said:

Well Taki Inoue is so far into idiot he's out the other side and it to some glorious surreal realm.

Oh totally but there are people saying it stopped him getting out despite Charlie Whiting saying it didn't and Nico saying he's unsure if he'd have been able to get out without it there.

For me the biggest concern was the lack of urgency from the Marshalls.

27 minutes ago, wev said:

Oh totally but there are people saying it stopped him getting out despite Charlie Whiting saying it didn't and Nico saying he's unsure if he'd have been able to get out without it there.

For me the biggest concern was the lack of urgency from the Marshalls.

They mentioned on Sky that the Doctor would have had to check him for neck and other similar injuries before they would turn the car over. Apart from put out the fire, I am not sure the marshalls could do much more until the OK was given that it was safe to assist getting him out of the car. 

Yeah, he'd already responded on the radio and the doctor was aware of that.

So it's normal procedure to leave him in there while they (carefully) right the car at that point.  Brundle was saying that all that would happen if he released the belts would be he'd faceplant the tarmac so you'd only do that if the thing was on fire anyway.

OSAD

Off-season adjustment disorder (OSAD) is a type of depression that comes when the patient realises there are 110 days & 14 hours till FP1 in Melbourne.

Two drivers who have previously been dropped by Red Bull will be driving for Toro Rosso next year. Hartley didn't cut it but I'm sure will have a successful return to endurance racing, I've no idea of Albon is actually any good.

Reckon Albon will be pretty handy. Kvyat is a decent yardstick for him I’d say. Don’t think there’s much between him, Norris and Russell so they could all be on for really decent careers if they don’t end up in absolute sheds that destroy their confidence next season, ala Stoffel in 17/18.

I think Albon is going to come to regret this, one of the STR seats is already Ticktum's and if Danii can rediscover the form that got him promoted in the first place, it's not going to be his.

And for that he's turned down a works seat in the historic best team in F E.