myoozikk

Formula One - 2018 Season

You do have to consider the teams too.  Motopark have one title in their history, the teams title in GP2 when they used to run the RUSSIAN TIME franchise.

Prema have won the last teams titles in this series, and 4 of the drivers ones. Also the last 2 in F4, the drivers title in their first attempt at F2...

It's not surprising that a team that could deliver a championship for Lance Stroll can get someone actually good to perform.

It's not a sudden rise for Mick, he's had a couple of wins early in the season and a smattering of podium results.  He's just getting better, like it's the point of junior single seaters or something.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, marsh said:

A Schumacher? Cheating? unheard of!

A racing driver blaming their failure to win on someone else? Unheard of!

What actual evidence was there, anyway?

Having said all that, if Mick does make it to F1, I'll be wholly upset if he doesn't make Max look like Nico.

It doesn't really matter, there are not enough drives available in F1 for either one of them. Mick will get an F1 seat at some point and go on to greatness, Dan will land in indycar and spend most of his time giving hot laps to middle aged men from Monday to Friday.

You read it here first folks!

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, GwiDan said:

Ericsson has too much money to disappear. 

So it'll be Ericsson and Sirotkin at Williams :(

I thought Ericsson pretty much owned sauber, or his dads mates business does. and with Ferrari paying for Kimi to swap seats with Le Clerc i though Ericsson was safe!

Giovanazzi is hardly stellar talent either, he might last a few more corners before smearing the car down the wall than Ericsson, but no many. Ferrari must be really wadding out to cover Ericssons millions. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, wev said:

So it'll be Ericsson and Sirotkin at Williams :(

I think maybe Ericsson and Ocon, depending how much cash Sirotkin is bringing, which I assume is a lot based on the fact he was one of the 50 drivers Sauber signed for one seat  a few years ago.