rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Tourist

Any good recipes for spam?

A friend of ours from okinawa just gave us a load of spam. 

I am thinking of trying to make some headway through it tonight but I'm looking for something easy to make possibly while a bit tipsy - also without any bread in the house.

Anyone got any ideas?

spam fritters are the best, you can buy them ready made as an official Spam product but don't see in many shops, only my local Morrisons sells them and don't like going in there.

some sort of spam hash would be nice, fry up some small parboiled potato cubes, onions, bit of garlic and fry up the spam in small cubes, serve with beans, infact that sounds a meal fit for a king.

its like a Masterchef invention test but with a pikey ingredient rather than scallops and baby guinea fowl.

• Upvote 2

Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich - https://munchies.vice.com/en_us/article/aeawx4/the-ultimate-breakfast-sandwich-recipe

Bundae-jjigae ( Korean Army Stew) - https://www.maangchi.com/recipe/budae-jjigae

Edit - Sorry the first needs bread but is very easy and tastes amazing whilst tipsy. The second takes a fair amount of work and ingredients but tastes incredile again with booze, its like Korean comfort food.

• Upvote 1

I cut it up in to little cubes, fry it along with diced onion, diced green and/or red peppers, fresh ground pepper and garlic powder to taste. Add it to cooked macaroni and top with a generous portion of your favorite shredded cheese. Mix it all together and enjoy.

I sometimes make a spicy peanut sauce to top it with as well.

• Upvote 1