VN1X

Bayonetta 1 & 2 - Nintendo's Witch

On 16/02/2018 at 06:48, Kayin Amoh said:

I'm still baffled as to why they hid the fast cutscene skip behind a button combination. 

What’s the button combination?

Just now, imp said:

What’s the button combination?

Hold dodge and press back/select/-

You need to complete the game first, unless you're on Steam.

You can skip the Angel Attack intro as well, which will buy you some seconds.

Having just got a 4K TV I’m not sure whether to go for these on Switch or wait for them to come out in remastered versions or play them on PC. I even have the first one on 360 as part of Gamepass so it wouldn’t cost me anything. 

Still tempted to go for switch double pack though. Does it look decent docked in 1080p?

35 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

Having just got a 4K TV I’m not sure whether to go for these on Switch or wait for them to come out in remastered versions or play them on PC. I even have the first one on 360 as part of Gamepass so it wouldn’t cost me anything. 

Still tempted to go for switch double pack though. Does it look decent docked in 1080p?

do you have any desire to play it at all on handheld mode... like... at all... for example, when you're on holiday, or on a train or a plane... or maybe sitting on the couch while the telly is used for something else...  that'll make your decision.

2 hours ago, Yiggy said:

It looks really decent docked on a Full HD display but be warned that some of the textures and alpha effects look a bit dated, which is to be expected considering Bayo 2 is a 4 year old game and the first one is even older (2009?). Bayo 2 is a lot more colourful though and has some brilliant setpieces that will blow you away. Some of the areas where it does fall flat are probably due to the fact that it's based on Wii U specs and it needing to be streamed to the Wii U pad. 

I imagine Bayo 3 will look heaps better, perhaps even sporting a full 1080p resolution on Switch (docked). 

5 hours ago, Fallows said:

Hold dodge and press back/select/-

You need to complete the game first, unless you're on Steam.

You can skip the Angel Attack intro as well, which will buy you some seconds.

Well, that's one way to discourage grinding! Thanks very much.

Was ticking along fine in Bayonetta 2 then in chapters 3 and 4 stone awards. 

Enjoying the game though as it's just mental. 

Won't be making any YouTube videos lol

Oh great... I've found my nemesis.

Spoiler

fcrWxC7.png

I will never PP any Verse with this fucker roaming around. Sloth?! My ass! :lol:

• Empathy 1

8 hours ago, VN1X said:

Oh great... I've found my nemesis.

Reveal hidden contents

fcrWxC7.png

I will never PP any Verse with this fucker roaming around. Sloth?! My ass! :lol:

That fucking thing is shit. Completely ignores any and all cue systems present in either game. Practically impossible to read.

Fuck knows what they were thinking with that thing. Just Umbran Climax* it aside as much as you can, because quite frankly no amount of practice and mastery will help you here. His bullshit is straight out of an 8-bit action game. Just eat up as many yellow lollipops as you like, your scores aren't penalised for doing so. Fuck 'em.

It's reason alone as to why these games require Kamiya at the helm with his '3+ ways to skin a cat' approach.

*There are no hit reactions when you're in Umbran Climax (as well as the overall effect obscuring the visual and audio cues) so you won't know when you're taking hits, so watch the HP meter if you do want to try your luck with a Pure Platinum. I'd honestly settle for Golds/Platinums throughout the entire game - the right toolset for the Pures is messed up, and for some Verses outright doesn't exist.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, VN1X said:

Almost done with the main story I think. Anyone up for some co-op later today? @Fallows

If only Bayo 1 had co-op.

I've only got Bayo 2 on the WiiU, I'm afraid (and been meaning to sell it). No intention of ever buying it again.

4 minutes ago, Fallows said:

If only Bayo 1 had co-op.

I've only got Bayo 2 on the WiiU, I'm afraid (and been meaning to sell it). No intention of ever buying it again.

CURSE YOU TO INFERNO! 

15 minutes ago, Darhkwing said:

Is Bayo 2 720P docked? Thought i originally heard it was 1080P.

I'd be incredibly impressed if the devs managed to pull off 1080p on a 720p display.

• Empathy 1

9 minutes ago, Darhkwing said:

thats why i said docked.

It's all 720p. 

They're basically the Wii U games, with a performance increase.

Docked frame rate is slightly better than handheld. 

The Frame-rate is still much better than either Wii U game regardless of it being docked or not.

• Upvote 1

There's a distinct lack of people playing this on my friendslist. 

I hope you're all very proud of yourselves. 

Tesco haven taken like a week to deliver mine. It arrived at my work yesterday, obviously on my day off :facepalm:

A colleague got in touch to say that they saw the package lying OPENED on my boss’s desk.

I’m the only male member of staff. I look forward to going in tomorrow and having to explain exactly just WTF this is, and why am I getting it sent to the workplace:

Bayonetta-2-600x400.jpg

:facepalm: 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, VN1X said:

Blame Skyrim, Xenoblade, Doom, Rocket League, Mario Odyssey...

I'll be getting B2 very soon - but I really need to wait until I get paid.

1 hour ago, VN1X said:

It's on my desk next to me, still in the shrink wrap. :ph34r: 

3 hours ago, VN1X said:

I've been playing on Steam. Just trying to unlock Sai Fung (gun-chucks) as fast as I can from a fresh game (complete 100 missions on Normal or above), so it's taking a while.

latest?cb=20150524153702

Some of the weapons trivia really is fascinating. I'm still finding out new bits about them.

For instance, I've always known that the rocket launchers were named after Kilgore from Apocalypse Now ("I love the smell of napalm in the morning..."), however Jeanne's rocket launchers are named "Col. Slade". Here's the description:

"A grenade launcher containing the soul of Col. Slade, a man who traded his eyesight to a demon to save his troops, only to be deceived by the hellish denizen and find himself consigned to Inferno. Each shot fired from the launcher's tube is filled with Col. Slade's endless malice."

ColSlade.png

Lieutenant Colonel Frank Slade is the name of Al Pacino's character in Scent of a Woman. :) 

• Upvote 3

Just finished this and my god there's so much content to unlock! First order of business is to unlock all 3D models of Bayonetta and Jeanne of course. :eyebrows:

What would my best course of action now btw? Simply select a chapter, bump up the difficulty, and find all collectables while buying everything from Rodin in the process? I want to 100% this as efficiently as possible. 

Regarding the story:

Spoiler

So is it a prequel then? I'm a bit confused as it's been a while since I played Bayo 1. 

• Upvote 1

Craft Midas Bells then do easy 2nd Climax chapters with lots of enemies for lots of cash. Get the Mahala Ka (?) item so you can parry, buy all the moves, kick ass. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, shirubagan said:

Craft Midas Bells then do easy 2nd Climax chapters with lots of enemies for lots of cash. Get the Mahala Ka (?) item so you can parry, buy all the moves, kick ass. 

Thanks for the tips!

At work right now and itching to get back home to fire this up and continue the Hard mode (playing as Jeanne btw).  

Parrying has very little value/reward in the second game. I'd honestly equip something else, like Sergey's Lover. But then that's going to expend magic, which you need for Umbran Climax to roflstomp everything and get those ranks...

Besides that the Bracelet of Time is the only real essential accessory, especially if you want to drop Umbran Climax (and pure plats) in favour of fun combos, but you'll need to unlock that anyway.

Game looks really sharp in portable mode but it seems to drain the battery incredibly fast as well. Only managed a handful of hours, if that, before it went to sleep. :(