rllmuk
SMD

Mario Kart Tour - out now for mobile, if you really must

1 minute ago, DeDeDe said:

@Darhkwing Drop your speed to 50cc—it’ll allow you to drift longer on curves. 

Yeah already doing that.

I don't actually like how the game forces you to drop to 50cc for some of the challenges. Seems cheap.

Could a couple of friendly souls add me for the friends challenge plz? 

My friend code is 5559 2873 4773

Thanks in advance :)

• Upvote 1

No worries, sent you a friend request.  I need to do this as well, happy for people to add me.

8600 2609 0039

I won't be troubling anyone's leaderboard, that's for sure.

• Upvote 1

My friends list is full. They really need to increase it to more than 50 when multiplayer drops.

Managed 11,257 on Yoshi Circuit this morning to climb to 1st in this week’s ranked cup. It would have been better but I got red shelled just before the finish line. Still only 27,675 to lead Tier 20 with less than 24 hours to go. I only bothered because someone knocked me down to 4th.

The next one looks far kinder to my roster. Just need that Star Glider for a perfect set up.

Yet more Mario and Peach variants, though. I guess I can stop dreaming of Fawful in Mario Kart.

• Upvote 2

I’m never anywhere near getting 50 coins in one race, I think my record is 34. Is there any easy way to get this challenge done?

Edit: Finally did it. That was actually the most challenging thing I’ve done so far, even more annoying thant the 10 ultra turbos.

I absolutely cannot get 5600 (five stars) on the Mario circuit for love nor money. Well, actually if I spent 20 quid to get that fucking Toad I'd get it but fuck that. I'm tenth and cannot scrape any more out of the racers karts and gliders I've got. Between tenth and third is a matter of a few hundred points as well. So frustrating.

1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

I absolutely cannot get 5600 (five stars) on the Mario circuit for love nor money. Well, actually if I spent 20 quid to get that fucking Toad I'd get it but fuck that. I'm tenth and cannot scrape any more out of the racers karts and gliders I've got. Between tenth and third is a matter of a few hundred points as well. So frustrating.

I’ve managed to get 5663 with nothing but middle tier kart, driver and chute. The only middle tier driver available to me is Diddy Kong and the reason I got over 5600 was due to his special banana cannon where loads of the others drove into the bananas. Can’t see I could’ve done it without him

3 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I am immeasurably pleased for you. Still tenth after using Diddy Kong. Fuck it.

To be honest I think a lot of the time it's just luck of the draw if you get a coin frenzy.

Sorry if I sounded a bit of a dick posting that.

34 minutes ago, Rayn said:

I might be daft here but how will Toad help? I’ve got Toad but he’s in the bottom

tier for all the cup races for me....

Mario Circuit 3 needs one of the Mario's, someone else and the new Toad in a racing suit to be a top tier frenzy getting beast.

I'm entirely sure now that even the avatars you race against are faked. 15 minutes into the new tour unlocking and so far every race I've been in has had at least one driver using one of the new tour karts or drivers. I knew they weren't real ghosts but I thought perhaps the player appearances were at least real. But they're just adverts to show off the items you havent bought yet.

My ten-pull was bittersweet. I got Santa Mario (probably won’t use him over my level 3 DK in this week’s ranking) and Pit Crew Toad (not funny, Nintendo).

All I wanted for Christmas was the spotlight glider.

Yeah I got pitsuit toad as well. Mainly a bunch of repeats, got waluigi at last and some glider.

I do wonder if anyone is actually spending money on this outside of the gold pass. It seems like Nintendo are pushing you to spend at times for sure but the rubys are just not good value for money at all.

I have a BUNCH of conspiracy shit running around in my head about what goes on behind the mechanics of this game. Some of it is bordering on tin foil hat territory. For example, I believe if I were to use the rubies for a ten pull on the pipe my shop would get magically stocked the next day with decent things to buy rather than the duplicates I get now. I have no way of quantifying this as I don't have 45 rubies but I think I'm gonna take screenies each day until I have 45 and then see if it changes overnight.

2 hours ago, Nifta said:

I'm entirely sure now that even the avatars you race against are faked. 15 minutes into the new tour unlocking and so far every race I've been in has had at least one driver using one of the new tour karts or drivers. I knew they weren't real ghosts but I thought perhaps the player appearances were at least real. But they're just adverts to show off the items you havent bought yet.

I think it is fair to assume that everything that can be faked is being faked! The dataset of names they use even contain names that would be disallowed if you tried to create them (names with the words Tits and Anus in them)

Anyone having trouble getting the game to start recently? Mine just hangs at the opening Nintendo screen.

57 minutes ago, SozzlyJoe said:

I think it is fair to assume that everything that can be faked is being faked! The dataset of names they use even contain names that would be disallowed if you tried to create them (names with the words Tits and Anus in them)

Anyone having trouble getting the game to start recently? Mine just hangs at the opening Nintendo screen.

Try re updating the app, there was an issue the other day.

• Upvote 1

My second ten pull ever got me all duplicates and two new gliders!

Although that did unlock a bunch of rewards, so I got quite a few gems back.

i might not bother for a while, and just buy gold characters that are useful for the current tours. I’ll want a decent amount of gems saved up just in case captain toad gets announced.

I've given up on 'waiting to buy with gold'. During the whole 2 weeks of the Paris tour only one new item showed in the store for me and that was one of the purple/premium items at 12,000 coins.

Screw that :D

I'm starting to drift away from this game now sadly :/

I just had two coin frenzies on DK Pass and then an opponent threw a coin box in my face. Nice. 120 coins and 13,226 points even without the Starchute glider. What might have been...

• Upvote 2