dumpster

Streets of Rage Remake is amazing

Hmm, interesting. I put Beats of Rage on the XBox the other day, with the Sonic and SoR 'PAK', and they were just awful. Especially the Sonic one my lawd.

You have to wonder why Sega don't do what they did with Sonic Mania, and get these people to develop a new Streets of Rage game. Or just tidy this one up, and then license and release it officially, it's not like there's much risk in doing so.

• Upvote 6

On 1/23/2018 at 09:40, K said:

You have to wonder why Sega

spent so much on that current-gen Fist of the North Star game, when they could have used that budget to make a new SoR game and also own its IP?

It is so so good. You can even tweak the shadows :) Love the "Events" and challenges. You can tell it is amlabour of love by the fans for the fans.

I'd love to see Golden Axe get a similar Remake

It's become the definitive version for me. The sheer range of options - SoR1, 2 or 3 versions of all the main characters, Adam, the blimmin' light sabers that cut people in half - just push it over the originals if I fancy a quick bash of beating some people up. The attention detail is great as well - Sonic Mania level.

Yeah, its fantastic. You can get it running on a Raspberry Pi too (with a bit of effort), my Pi has essentially become an under-tv SORR machine now. 

Its a complete game changer having the full set of moves from SOR3 (rolls, running, etc.) available with characters like Max. Presumably they animated all of that themselves as he wasn't in 3? Looks seamless, its an amazing achievement all round. This reminds me that I need to check out the Metroid 2 remake actually, I assume that's still floating around somewhere online if you look hard enough?

On 2/3/2018 at 09:07, misterSquare said:

This reminds me that I need to check out the Metroid 2 remake actually, I assume that's still floating around somewhere online if you look hard enough?

Search for AM2R - Another Metroid 2 Remake - great fan made game like this...

Yes, the Metroid 2 remake is great as well. I must get back to it actually.

Back to SoR Remake, I'd forgotten you get to ride bikes at one point. Then there's the nods to the game gear games, two different versions of Shiva to play as, not to mention playing as Mr X...