rllmuk
Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

3 hours ago, Bojangle said:

You'd be surprised at how well those games do, surprisingly, they're not for us. :p

Not if you've had a look at the DS section of any Cash Converters in the last 10 years you wouldn't!

Yep, I've just set it to download. Legitimately excited at the prospect of a full fat Valkyria Chronicles sequel (that also happens to be portable!).

• Upvote 1

They're all standalone in the same war. From memory, two is set after the first game but it's a different (younger) crew. Three is set in the same time frame as the first game, but with a separate group. This is (I think) set after number two. Apparently there's a couple of returning characters but if it's anything like the others they're all perfectly playable on their own. 

Probably just demonstrating my irrational nostalgia for Double Dragon, but if anyone is interested the Switch e-shop version is of the arcade game rather than the NES version, which is good news. 

Just now, deKay said:

More games are being added to the sale today, with some of the current ones being removed - you’ve until 2pm!

Do you wanna tell us which ones?

51 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Any thoughts on Bridge Constructor Portal?

I played on iphone and its fantastic, very clever puzzler - how much is it on switch, think i paid fiver for it ?

32 minutes ago, Gotters said:

I played on iphone and its fantastic, very clever puzzler - how much is it on switch, think i paid fiver for it ?

It's £8.09, however I have been pointed to a game called SubaraCity, which looks right up my street

Well, that's Dandara, Gorogoa and Tumbleseed all picked up with change left over from my £25 voucher. I've been interested in all of them, and the price seemed right. Almost bought Necrodancer, but I already have it on PC and, honestly, I'm not sure it's a game that really benefits from portability all that much.