IGNORED

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Gotters

Has anyone picked up the Portal Collection?  I could have been imagining it but it looked like it may have been 60fps which would be a nice little upgrade in comparison to the OG 360/PS3 releases no?

Does portal 2 run at 60 via back compat on the Series X?  I thought it only had a res boost but not fps. 

yes I’m trying to justify buying Portal 2 again. 

29 minutes ago, geldra said:

Has anyone picked up the Portal Collection?  I could have been imagining it but it looked like it may have been 60fps which would be a nice little upgrade in comparison to the OG 360/PS3 releases no?

Does portal 2 run at 60 via back compat on the Series X?  I thought it only had a res boost but not fps. 

yes I’m trying to justify buying Portal 2 again. 

Yes I have! Insta-purchase for me. Only played Portal so far but it looks glorious on the Switch, and silky smooth from what I remember. Pretty sure it’s 60fps.

Not too sure about Portal 2 though - there’s a lot more going on in that I guess (isn’t there Splatoon-style paint too?), so wouldn’t be surprised if it was 30.

12 minutes ago, Paulando said:

Yes I have! Insta-purchase for me. Only played Portal so far but it looks glorious on the Switch, and silky smooth from what I remember. Pretty sure it’s 60fps.

Not too sure about Portal 2 though - there’s a lot more going on in that I guess (isn’t there Splatoon-style paint too?), so wouldn’t be surprised if it was 30.

Cheers!  Yeah just watched a YT vid, 60 for sure in P1. Great.  Has motion controls too if that’s your thing.  

Edit:  Apparently 60 for P2 too. 

5 minutes ago, geldra said:

Cheers!  Yeah just watched a YT vid, 60 for sure in P1. Great.  Has motion controls too if that’s your thing.  

Edit:  Apparently 60 for P2 too. 

You’d hope a console two generations newer than the 360 would be able to perform at least as well as one, though.

How are you gentlemen? All your base are belong to… Nintendo! Zero Wing has been added to the Megadrive, along with Comix Zone, Megaman the Wily Wars and Target Earth (🤷‍♂️).

3 hours ago, Popo said:

How are you gentlemen? All your base are belong to… Nintendo! Zero Wing has been added to the Megadrive, along with Comix Zone, Megaman the Wily Wars and Target Earth (🤷‍♂️).

Hilariously much stronger than the recent  NES and SNES additions.

Noticed the Mega Drive FPS Zero Tolerance in the coming soon section of the eShop.

I owned that game, and it was a pretty astonishing achievement considering the hardware, but it’s far from a classic. Its single USP was ‘playing an FPS on a Mega Drive’. Such an odd choice for a re-release.

On 02/07/2022 at 11:38, joemul said:

I can’t find Super Mario 3D Allstars on the online store. Am I going mad?

I was in CEX in Leeds just a few days ago and was shocked by how many physical copies there were. Must have been a dozen. Website confirms there are "4+" 

On 01/07/2022 at 03:01, Popo said:

Yeah, can't believe Nintendo would allow an unprofessional translation on their system.

sDx2CmW.png

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, moosegrinder said:

Right.  Big sale has started and Mario 3D world is finally 33 quid. As is Party, Aces, Bros U, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Wario Ware is down to about 27 quid and Monster Hunter Generations is like 13 quid or summat. Have a dig.

https://www.dekudeals.com/eshop-sales?sort=recent_drop&page=1

which of those would be best for a 4yo who loves Mario Oddyssey?

1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Is Ultimate Alliance 3 any good?

I fucking hated it. The difficulty was all over the place and the camera was fucking awful. Lot's of people on here seemed to like it though, so I'd probably go and read the thread.