rllmuk
Gotters

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

On 20/05/2018 at 22:45, Popo said:

I finally ‘finished’ Vostok Inc. today. I was really hoping that the desire for one more hit would go away after beating the final boss, but apparently that perfect high can only be achieved once I’ve unlocked all the buildings and upgrades. I’m sure I won’t need to do all the achievements. Yep, definitely won’t need to do that. Definitely. 

Um.... really sorry about this but.... ummm... there's a patch and the final boss drops a shed load more loot making getting more stuff a bit easier... also, there's another "cutscene" at the very end. It's a bit crap but it's an homage to some of my favorite games. Sorry. 

(also thanks for playing)

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, dadrester said:

Um.... really sorry about this but.... ummm... there's a patch and the final boss drops a shed load more loot making getting more stuff a bit easier... also, there's another "cutscene" at the very end. It's a bit crap but it's an homage to some of my favorite games. Sorry. 

(also thanks for playing)

Can your next game be a bit less addictive, please?!

Vostok should be classified as a narcotic. :quote:

• Upvote 1

Vostok was great.

Just the right price too. Such a brilliant and addictive diversion, and I don't use that word in a critical way at all.

I also found it really funny. Loved the different alien races.

• Upvote 1

Played an hour or so of Wizard of Legend and I'm absolutely shit at it. Managed to get past the first stage of world 1 but got quickly killed in the second.

It chucks you in at the deep end after a small tutorial that covers the very basics of the game.

I'll need to play a lot more but it's excellent for a quick go. With 1 stage taking about 10 minutes.

Bit of an oldie, but I'm really struggling with Stardew Valley.

No real idea what I'm doing and the controls make no sense at all for me (particularly the menu navigation which is just horrible)

I've yet to find an "indie" title on the eshop that I really love

24 minutes ago, sandman said:

Bit of an oldie, but I'm really struggling with Stardew Valley.

No real idea what I'm doing and the controls make no sense at all for me (particularly the menu navigation which is just horrible)

I've yet to find an "indie" title on the eshop that I really love

The menu controls were literally broken at one point on Switch. I assume they've fixed them now as it was near to launch but it felt odd that a game could be released in that state. 

I felt as though there was very little rewarding game play. The farming aspect is the most interesting but it became a bit of a chore watering plants etc. and then just ending the day. And there never seemed enough time to do other stuff properly such as explore or go down the mine. It felt as though everything was just dragged out in order to prolong the game. 

Stick with it for a bit longer though because it might click for you.

17 hours ago, Fatsam said:

Because rubber one was ace and rubber two was awesome and the reviews indicate that rubber three is good too, if not quite as good as rubber two maybe.

What the fuck is Rubber?

@deKay - It should be Runner, as in Runner 3 I think. I suspect an autocorrect shenanigan originally.

Anyone got any idea how much PixelJunk Monsters 2 is going to be? The demo is promising, as long as it's not going to be £40 or something.

1 minute ago, rgraves said:

Anyone got any idea how much PixelJunk Monsters 2 is going to be? The demo is promising, as long as it's not going to be £40 or something.

$14.99 according to Eurogamer. So £12-13, probably.

• Upvote 1

Just now, deKay said:

$14.99 according to Eurogamer. So £12-13, probably.

Awesomesauce - I'll deffo take a punt at that level. 

What Adventure Pals lacks in polish (lots of bugs in co-op) it makes up for in puns:

Dd0H9tPV0AAHTJi.jpg

Dd0IBBuVwAAIY-F.jpg

And one of the two toasts in these images is French! :P

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, VN1X said:

What Adventure Pals lacks in polish (lots of bugs in co-op) it makes up for in puns:

So is this any good then? I really liked the look of the trailer.

9 hours ago, DukeOfEarlsfield said:

So is this any good then? I really liked the look of the trailer.

It's an okay platformer with light brawler and RPG elements; best played in co-op imo as I can see it getting somewhat boring on your own. It's not a very challenging game either so I'd recommend playing it with someone else to suffer through all the puns together. :P

• Upvote 1

On 22/05/2018 at 09:16, Popo said:

Can your next game be a bit less addictive, please?!

Vostok should be classified as a narcotic. :quote:

I'm hoping it's even more so. Not using idle mechanics as such, more RPG levelling and loot grind systems, but in a genre you might not expect. It's shaping up really quite well. Just need to find a publisher (or some cash).

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, dadrester said:

I'm hoping it's even more so. Not using idle mechanics as such, more RPG levelling and loot grind systems, but in a genre you might not expect. It's shaping up really quite well. Just need to find a publisher (or some cash).

I've an (old) £10 note here if that's any use to you? Can I invest?

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, dadrester said:

I'll chip in if you can call one if the Characters CovisGod ;)

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

I'll chip in if you can call one if the Characters CovisGod ;)

A bunch of the planets in Vostok Inc are named after fans of our last game :)

• Upvote 1

Pixeljunk monsters 2 delayed in the EU until the 30th. Also didn't realise there would be a season pass. 

Seeing a few people on Twitter with the Mario Tennis demo downloaded. Can't see it on the euro eshop? Is it not available here yet?

6 minutes ago, gizmo1990 said:

Seeing a few people on Twitter with the Mario Tennis demo downloaded. Can't see it on the euro eshop? Is it not available here yet?

Yes.

43 minutes ago, gizmo1990 said:

Don't worry, it doesn't go live until next weekend anyway

Yeah I think people in the US are able to download now in readiness. Good to hear Nintendo will do the same for Euro land tomorrow. Makes sense to get as many people as possible have it preloaded.

Guys, has anyone played Yonder? Watched the video on the eShop and can't really tell what it's like? 

Has anyone picked up Banner Saga yet? 

Interested to know how well it translates to the smaller screen. 

I have it on Android but it's far too fiddly using touch controls only. 

Ive not played in on android but have it on switch.  It's a bit small on the handheld but fine on the TV.  I've noticed a couple of glitches here and there bit not game ruining ones.  I've finding the gameplay a real puzzle though.