IGNORED

Nintendo eShop (Software Chatter)

Gotters

17 hours ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Fucksake just bought Mario Kart 8 for the third time because of the DLC news.

FUCKSAKE.

I think I’ve bought it 6 times.

1. Day 1 on release on the Wii U.

2. When they released it on the Wii U you got a code to get a free full price Nintendo game off the eShop. So bought a second copy to get Monster Hunter on the cheap.

3. Bought it with my Switch (and sold the Wii U copy).

4. Decided it was too soon to play Mario Kart 8 again so sold the Switch copy, and repurchased it on the Wii U. 

5. Bought it again on the Switch. Again decided it was too soon to play again and subsequently sold said copy.

6. Bought digitally last Christmas when CDKeys were selling it for less than £35. It was time.

11 minutes ago, gossi the dog said:

I think I’ve bought it 6 times.

1. Day 1 on release on the Wii U.

2. When they released it on the Wii U you got a code to get a free full price Nintendo game off the eShop. So bought a second copy to get Monster Hunter on the cheap.

3. Bought it with my Switch (and sold the Wii U copy).

4. Decided it was too soon to play Mario Kart 8 again so sold the Switch copy, and repurchased it on the Wii U. 

5. Bought it again on the Switch. Again decided it was too soon to play again and subsequently sold said copy.

6. Bought digitally last Christmas when CDKeys were selling it for less than £35. It was time.

:wacko:

42 minutes ago, Fry Crayola said:

This bit makes no sense.

For collection purposes.

Think I got £40 store credit from GAME (I took advantage of a trade in offer) and bought the Wii U version from CEX a few days later for £10 of store credit. I’m up £30 and still have the game if I fancy a quick blast.

48 minutes ago, Protocol Penguin said:

Hmm, contemplating buying Castlevania Advance Collection just for Harmony and Aria; enjoyed both of those back in the Noughties, but Circle of the Moon is by far my least favourite post-SotN Castlevania, infuriating and unfair in equal measures.

Worth it just for those two tbh.

5 hours ago, Protocol Penguin said:

Hmm, contemplating buying Castlevania Advance Collection just for Harmony and Aria; enjoyed both of those back in the Noughties, but Circle of the Moon is by far my least favourite post-SotN Castlevania, infuriating and unfair in equal measures.

You’re wrong. They’re all fantastic.

I played Circle for the first time courtesy of that collection and it is nowhere near as bad as it’s reputation makes it out to be. In fact, it was rather shit hot. Not quite Aria levels, sure, but that’s like the best one in the series arguably.

11 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

XCom 2 for £4 - worth a go? 25gb though...

The game itself is great, doubly so with the expansion which also comes as part of this release.

The Switch doesn't quite have the horsepower to do the game justice - the frame rate struggles quite a bit - but it's turn-based so it doesn't impact the actual gameplay. For £4 it's a ridiculous bargain.

Bit random this one, but does anyone know if Final Fantasy 6 is coming to the Switch?  I presumed it was already on there. but it's not, then did a quick search and saw that it was supposed to be coming out in Feb this year, but presume it's not imminent as it wasn't mentioned in the Direct.  Just wondered if anyone knew for sure?

I don't think the Pixel remakes (of which, FF6 is due out on the 23rd) have been announced as coming to Switch yet, but it's generally accepted that it's only a matter of time, as most of their other FF stuff is.

6 hours ago, Stoppy2000 said:

XCom 2 for £4 - worth a go? 25gb though...

6 hours ago, Garwoofoo said:

The game itself is great, doubly so with the expansion which also comes as part of this release.

The Switch doesn't quite have the horsepower to do the game justice - the frame rate struggles quite a bit - but it's turn-based so it doesn't impact the actual gameplay. For £4 it's a ridiculous bargain.

It's worth £4 of anyone's money! I played regular XCOM 2 (ie, without the War Of The Chosen expansion) all the way through on the Switch.

Only thing I would say - on release it was a little buggy - enough that I wouldn't play on Ironman mode and would instead make plenty of saves as I went along. I had a couple of moments near the end where I'd use up all my action points, but for whatever reason the game would not let me end my turn, thus meaning I'd be completely stuck. I'd have to reload from one of my saves to sort it. It's been patched a few times since then though, so hopefully that's not an issue anymore.

9 hours ago, Calashnikov said:

I played Circle for the first time courtesy of that collection and it is nowhere near as bad as it’s reputation makes it out to be. In fact, it was rather shit hot. Not quite Aria levels, sure, but that’s like the best one in the series arguably.

Wait, Circle has a reputation for being bad? It's the best one!

2 minutes ago, deKay said:

Harmony is the best one.

Nah, I liked Harmony, but it's too easy. And the clunking big blue line around your sprite is fugly. And the soundtrack is poor in comparison to Circle.

I've just posted about this in the Completed Games thread, but, seeing as we don't have a dedicated thread for it, I thought I'd mention in here that Shovel Knight: King of Cards is great fun. It's currently on sale for about £5.50 (or £4 on the Russian eShop) and is also included in the Treasure Trove omnibus. If you like 2D platformers and/or deck builders then you should absolutely check it out.

Why is it so hard to use a credit card on the eshop. Nothing else presents a problem on the internet when it comes to taking my money but Nintendo seem hellbent on not letting me save my card details so I can buy stuff. I’ve tried various cards and keep getting error messages. Every now again it stops letting me use a card for no apparent reason and I seem to have to wait a couple of months then it lets me change to a different card. 

What on earth is going on? (I don’t use PayPal for various reasons)

2 hours ago, sandman said:

Why is it so hard to use a credit card on the eshop. Nothing else presents a problem on the internet when it comes to taking my money but Nintendo seem hellbent on not letting me save my card details so I can buy stuff. I’ve tried various cards and keep getting error messages. Every now again it stops letting me use a card for no apparent reason and I seem to have to wait a couple of months then it lets me change to a different card. 

What on earth is going on? (I don’t use PayPal for various reasons)

I thought it was debit cards only?